Aurene's SoTO variation? Red-Tentacle Style? or Red-Rift Style?

8 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

I wonder how would you like the Aurene-SoTO variant? It will clearly come one day.

I'm sorry but I don't see how that is clear?

What is clear is that Aurene legendaries and their variants have been completed with EOD. 

For soto we kinda get legendary armour. 

If we get more legendary weapon sets it'll probably be in the new expac but will have to see. Who knows might be the long lost aquabreather.

Edited by Serephen.3420
  • Like 2

A: How about X?
B: The lore the game has worked towards during the last 12 or so years does not allow X.
A: But they could write it so that X works.
^^this is why so many franchises feel creatively bankrupt

Yes they could.They could write many things. But should they? Why throw away what they have when they might as well write something new that fits X? I wouldn't mind a new set of Legendaries but I wouldn't want them to be dragon themed. We're fighting demons now, they could be demon themed, easy.

Edited by Omega.6801
forgot a very important word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

There could be a Rift-Dragon thats not revealed yet. Many people like Dark-Red color themes. So it might be good idea to make a Darl-Red-Rift/Tentacle Styled Aurene variant 😄 .

Dark red rift style? I wouldn't mind that. Tentacle styled? Hm, we already have the Abaddon Black Lion weapon set that is dark red and tentacled.

Regardless, how would this be an Aurene variant? Aurene is an Elder Dragon. In fact, she is THE Elder Dragon these days and absorbed magic from all the others. Rifts have no relation to her whatsoever. And Kryptis are demons, not dragons. A demon-themed legendary set could be cool, but it would have to be completely unrelated to Aurene.

Also, queue the complaints when ANet releases another set of legendary weapons in a single theme/style. People weren't happy when they found out all the Aurene legendaries were in the same style. Though at that point it would be gen 4 and I'd say there are plenty of alternatives for legendary weapons if people don't like the skin/don't want uniform designs.

48 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

A: How about X?
B: The lore the game has worked towards during the last 12 or so years does not allow X.
A: But they could write it so that X works.
^^this is why so many franchises feel creatively bankrupt

Yes they could.They could write many things. But should they? Why throw away what they have when they might as well write something new that fits X? I wouldn't mind a new set of Legendaries but I would want them to be dragon themed. We're fighting demons now, they could be demon themed, easy.

Was the lore for the past 12 years about So-Won and Kralkatorik and Jormag? Don't think so, back in the days there was only Zhaitan.

So SoTo could have an elder-dragon too, it might just be not revealed yet 😄  . And yes you can be a a demon and a dragon same time.. Same as Modremoth is a dragon and a grass/nature-vine-creature at same time.

Demon-Styled Dragon is not very unlikely.

Eparch the rulor of the Temple of Febe could have a pet, that pet could be a dragon and that dragon can get older, and be evil one day..  Just be creative.

The pattern/lore that Aurene-Weapon is so strong that it can absorb the power of all other expansions, should have priority over the SoTo lore. Or do you have any logical explanation why out of sudden Aurene-Weapon no longer can absorb the power of the other expansions? Why So-Won was the latest version? No more dragons? All dead?

Similar as we had the Small Aurene as a pet too and then aurene growth 🙂

Or you could use the Blacksmith that crafting the Key , to have a special interaction if you have an Aurene Weapon. and then he tries to get the power from an rift into the aurene weapon, but it fails (since the rift is not a dragon). but then the aurene-weapon breaks and you have to repair the weapon, and while repearing so you learn about the Temple of Febe more and then you learn how to get the power of the Rifts to repair the aurene weapon and also get a new altered version while repairing at same time...

Just be creative...  If the Aurene-Weapon out of sudden "stops" beeing able to get the power of new expansions, then it should have some logical explanation. and "there is no dragon" is not realy that logical.

Edited by WaifuJanna.9108
  • Confused 8

20 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Dark red rift style? I wouldn't mind that. Tentacle styled? Hm, we already have the Abaddon Black Lion weapon set that is dark red and tentacled.

Regardless, how would this be an Aurene variant? Aurene is an Elder Dragon. In fact, she is THE Elder Dragon these days and absorbed magic from all the others. Rifts have no relation to her whatsoever. And Kryptis are demons, not dragons. A demon-themed legendary set could be cool, but it would have to be completely unrelated to Aurene.

Also, queue the complaints when ANet releases another set of legendary weapons in a single theme/style. People weren't happy when they found out all the Aurene legendaries were in the same style. Though at that point it would be gen 4 and I'd say there are plenty of alternatives for legendary weapons if people don't like the skin/don't want uniform designs.

Or they could make Gen1 Legendary + Gen 2 Legendary + Gen 3 Legendary + "Gift of SoTo" = Some Ancient Legendary. new tier "Dark-Red" above Legendary. with cosmetic aura, cosmetic footprint, dyable and some special interaction-tool that you can place weapon in open world as an environment weapon andother people can use it too, similar as elementalist conjurings. 

• Confused 6

35 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Was the lore for the past 12 years about So-Won and Kralkatorik and Jormag? Don't think so, back in the days there was only Zhaitan.

So SoTo could have an elder-dragon too, it might just be not revealed yet 😄  . And yes you can be a a demon and a dragon same time.. Same as Modremoth is a dragon and a grass/nature-vine-creature at same time.

Eparch the rulor of the Temple of Febe could have a pet, that pet could be a dragon and that dragon can get older, and be evil one day..  Just be creative.

The pattern/lore that Aurene-Weapon is so strong that it can absorb the power of all other expansions, should have priority over the SoTo lore. Or do you have any logical explanation why out of sudden Aurene-Weapon no longer can absorb the power of the other expansions? Why So-Won was the latest version? No more dragons? All dead?

Or you could use the Blacksmith that crafting the Key , to have a special interaction if you have an Aurene Weapon. and then he tries to get the power from an rift into the aurene weapon, but it fails (since the rift is not a dragon). but then the aurene-weapon breaks and you have to repair the weapon, and while repearing so you learn about the Temple of Febe more and then you learn how to get the power of the Rifts to repair the aurene weapon and also get a new altered version while repairing at same time...

Just be creative...  If the Aurene-Weapon out of sudden "stops" beeing able to get the power of new expansions, then it should have some logical explanation. and "there is no dragon" is not realy that logical.

The lore for the past 12 years was about the Elder Dragons and the Elder Dragon Cycle, all the Elder Dragons, existed during that time… it’s been clearly stated how many and the names of all of them minus Soo Won’s name not being known… 

also the reason Aurene’s Legendaries won’t get new variants going forward is because she absorbed all the Dragon magic, and the variants use the essence of the dragon magic to change them…. Theres no more Elder Dragons besides Aurene… so no more variants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

Or they could make Gen1 Legendary + Gen 2 Legendary + Gen 3 Legendary + "Gift of SoTo" = Some Ancient Legendary. new tier "Dark-Red" above Legendary. with cosmetic aura, cosmetic footprint, dyable and some special interaction-tool that you can place weapon in open world as an environment weapon andother people can use it too, similar as elementalist conjurings. 

Dyeable weapons will never happen. Weapons aren't coded to be dyed and to retroactively implement that would mean a hell of a lot of work and risking all kinds of bugs that affect other parts of the game (hence why they never retroactively made the old back items dyeable when they introduced back items we can dye). Also, with all the dyeable effects we already have in the game we don't need more visual noise by letting people dye their legendaries in all kinds of colors. This game is already very good at attacking our optical nerves. Enough is enough.

Let me get this straight. You propose a new legendary weapon set that requires 3 older legendaries to make? One of each gen even? How, now that legendary gear aren't items anymore but go straight to the Armory? Never mind the enormous amount of materials needed to make these. 231 mystic clovers for 1 legendary weapon? That's not even mentioning all the other materials you'd need to make 3 times to get just 1 weapon.

I'm not even going to start on the idea of placing your actual weapons in the open world for other people to pick up and use. Weapons and conjuring weapons aren't coded in the same way. Cue the next expansion in 10 years, because ANet is too busy overhauling their entire code to make all this possible and has no resources to create actual new content anymore. No, thank you.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

You're conflating dragons with Elder Dragons. They are not the same. And no, SotO can not have an as yet unrevealed Elder Dragon. That would mean Soo-Won had a child she was completely unaware of. Quite unlikely, I would say. She also wouldn't have held back that information, considering the entire universe was at risk from the Void.

Also, yes. The lore for the past 11 years was very much about the Elder Dragons. Even in GW1 we had to deal with Primordus and his Destroyers. We've always known there are more Elder Dragons than just Zhaitan. We haven't only been dealing with Risen. Icebrood, Branded and Destroyers have been in the game since launch. And even though we weren't aware of it at the time, Mordrem were all over the place as well, since that's basically what Sylvari are at their core. We've known about the Elder Dragon cycle for a long time now.

ANet could have introduced as many new Elder Dragons as they wanted BEFORE we get to Soo-Won. It could have simply been we weren't aware of, since we figured out most of what we know about them during the timeline of GW2. But as soon as the mother of all Elder Dragons started talking about the creation of the other Elder Dragons it was pretty clear there aren't any more. That opportunity was cut off at that point. She created them all with intent. It's not as simple as "there is no dragon". There are dragons. But there's only 1 Elder Dragon now and that is Aurene. And these dragons we do have are natural creatures, not corrupted by aspects of Elder Dragons. These gen 3 legendaries embody aspects of Elder Dragons, not dragons.

It's great that you have ideas for new legendaries. But please, don't destroy the lore that's been built up over almost 2 decades. If anything, play all of the personal story again, all the way up to End of Dragons. It seems you need a reminder of how things work in Tyria.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I think it would have been hard to justify introducing another Elder Dragon even before we met Soo-Won. Reason being that we knew even back when we encountered Omadd's Machine back in Season 2 that there were only six power centers in the All. We had hints even before that, such as the Infinity Coil having six zones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I think it would have been hard to justify introducing another Elder Dragon even before we met Soo-Won. Reason being that we knew even back when we encountered Omadd's Machine back in Season 2 that there were only six power centers in the All. We had hints even before that, such as the Infinity Coil having six zones.

That does factor in. But that could be explained away as "Our knowledge was limited" or "The machine didn't work entirely the way it was intended" or any other kind of technicality. I wouldn't regard the Infinity Coil as a solid obstacle to the existence of more Elder Dragons, though, because that's just a lab built by the Inquest. And as much as the Asura like to believe they know it all, they don't. It only proves what they knew at the time, not that there are 6 Elder Dragons, no more and no less. Omadd's Machine is a more solid piece of lore in this regard, though still one that could be "reasoned out" of the equation.

• Confused 3

On 10/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

I wonder how would you like the Aurene-SoTO variant?

The only well-made Aurene variant is the Mordremoth set, so I am not in favor of more cheap-looking variants.

On 10/3/2023 at 10:17 AM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

It will clearly come one day.

EoD <> SotO

So no, I doubt there will be any more legendary Aurene weapon variants.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I will play devils advocate here. Although the dragons are gone, I don’t think we have seen the last of either of Aurene or the Void in the story arc. Or at least the Void. These mini expacs could be a long term breather until we return to them.

I don’t think we have a void themed set do we?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

So after we've been told we're moving forward and away from the elder dragons because that's done now, you think they introduced new enemies for this expansion in the form of demons to....... make a demon dragon? I think that's a terrible idea.

Or they could make Gen1 Legendary + Gen 2 Legendary + Gen 3 Legendary + "Gift of SoTo" = Some Ancient Legendary.

It blows my mind how you can type out this sentence, while at the same time claiming that getting GoB is too hard (or, to be more accurate: "almost impossible").

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There could be a Rift-Dragon thats not revealed yet.

The sad thing is that I want to disagree with you. I want to call you dumb and say that each alternate skin for the Aurene weapons is specificly tuned to one of the six Elder Dragons. I want to say that.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut........we have Kryptis-themed skyscales now, and the whole kryptis...dimension? I'm not even sure how the universe is structured at this point. If it is an alternate universe or alternate dimension or even just a higher or lower plane there is the potential to have more dragons. However....

Part of SotO is that they're trying to move away from the Dragon thing. That's why it's just us......and Zojja. But no Dragon's Watch. No Destiny's Edge, which was obtensibly formed just to kill Kralk. And no Aurene. Anet is trying to forge something unique and get off the gravy train they've been riding for the last ten years by, and I say this literally, just throwing more dragons at it. So while I don't know for sure what's going on or what we're doing, I think the odds of getting more dragons and thus more dragon-themed legendaries probably aren't going to happen.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

That does factor in. But that could be explained away as "Our knowledge was limited" or "The machine didn't work entirely the way it was intended" or any other kind of technicality. I wouldn't regard the Infinity Coil as a solid obstacle to the existence of more Elder Dragons, though, because that's just a lab built by the Inquest. And as much as the Asura like to believe they know it all, they don't. It only proves what they knew at the time, not that there are 6 Elder Dragons, no more and no less. Omadd's Machine is a more solid piece of lore in this regard, though still one that could be "reasoned out" of the equation.

I only considered the Infinity Coil as a 'hint' precisely because the asura don't know everything. But we've since had Omadd's Machine defining the six spheres of Tyrian magic, the Scroll of the Gods indicating that there were six Elder Dragons, and Soo-Won telling us about her children. The odds of so many sources just happening to miss something as important as a seventh Elder Dragon (and accompanying sphere of magic) are so low as to make such a revelation lack credibility to the point that it might well be a shark-jumping moment if they were to do it.

There might well be other beings out there that we might call Elder Dragons that are not descendants of Soo-Won, but if any such foreign Elder Dragons exist, they (and any domains of magic they might hold) are not part of Tyria's magical ecosystem, so their energies are not likely to be absorbed into Aurene's facets. Which also goes for demonic themes in general. I'm fairly confident we're not going to see a Facet of Rifts and Possession because Kryptis magic just isn't Tyrian magic.

On 10/4/2023 at 8:39 AM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

There could be a Rift-Dragon thats not revealed yet. Many people like Dark-Red color themes. So it might be good idea to make a Darl-Red-Rift/Tentacle Styled Aurene variant 😄 .

It has basically already been confirmed in multiple ways, that Aurene is the only Elder Dragon left. 

1.  Any depiction of the Eternal Alchemy ("the system") Shows 6 elements of magic in an equillibrium, and its destabilization due to the death of the elder dragons. 
  2. If there were another Elder  Dragon, even if it came from the outside, this would immediately have woken up Aurene (since she settled down, watching over the tyrian magic as "the one elder dragon"). 
  3. the "Elder Dragon Saga" is completed. Not only displayed through the fact, that you literally buy the elder dragon saga in the shop. If there were another dragon, not only would Soo-Won have known (she is the "mother" of the Elder Dragons after all) and told us before her death, But the Tyrian magic would have immediately moved on the said hypothetical rift-dragon (which again, Aurene would have immediately noticed, since it would have destabilized the balance of tyrian magic once again. It is her task to watch over the balance after all)

Sure, this doesn´t rule out that a rift-dragon exists ("dragon" is just a race of living creatures after all), but it will for sure not be an Elder Dragon (and as such, is completely unrelated to the former, defeated Elder Dragons, which now make up the facets of Aurene, depicted in the weapon variants)

On 10/4/2023 at 5:17 PM, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

I'm sorry but I don't think you have much understanding at all of this games lore if you're thinking things like that make any sense😅

• Haha 1