Thief invisible...

Tanuki.4603

10 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

As I already stated, 2024, will be Guild Wars 2 breaking point to full collapse upon the release of new MMO's in the Gaming Market; who have Zero Tolerance to, Anti-Compettitveness Design and to Anti-Counterplay Gameplay. 

Stealth Mechanic including Toxic Bad Design and Toxic Profession Design such as Willbender Profession,Thief Profession, Deadye Profession and Revenant Profession and such...are no match to Healthy Competitive Game Deisgn

In  other word; Anet can chose to watch their game die a very quick death, or immediatly, start deleting Toxic Game Designs including Toxic Profession Deisigns such as Thief  Profession, Willbender Profession, Deadeye, Revenant Profession

There are no shortcut, it is eiether 'do or die'

Looking at the direction of the Game Deisgn including what Anet allows, tolerates and continue to promote

Guild Wars 2 will die. So, just be ready for it when it happens when the population sinks.

Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic are the Greatest threat to the game and because of it, Guild Wars 2 will end up being a forgotten game

I am not blaming Thief Profession players for being responsible for the game diminsihed but blame Anet for intionally allowing this Profession, to break all rules of Healthy Gaming Competition in the Gaming Industry

The Gaming Industry, has no Tolerance for Guild Wars 2 Toxic Thief Profession design including Stealth Mechanic. It will prove just that, starting next year and on

No amount of marketing can overtake word of mouth marketing

The word of mouth in the Gaming Industry - Guild Wars 2 Thief class is badly designed, it has been broken since the game release, it has no counter play, it has no fairness, it has unlimitted evades-blocks-blinds, it can teleport anywhere, it can one shot you in Stealth, it can easily one shot you, it can exploit and abuse the game at anytime, Anet tolerates it for being broken, it can use hack to go through objects like walls, it is not a healthy class to play against, it can abuse Stealth mechanic at anytime it wants, Anet don't care, that is why i quit this game, only this class gets free 'get out of the jail card' for years, stay away from the game, Anet lets Thief get away from everything without having any consequences, it's not a fun class to play against, Stealth Mechanic is Toxic etc....

This is just the summary of the word of mouth Anet that I have heard including other players, throughout the years, from players in Healthy Competitive Games that I play about Thief Profession and Anet.

So yeah!! 

Anet is just throwing away money in the trash can to their Marketing with players word of mouth marketing easily wins hands down.

Doomsday Burnfall always writing a whole fantasy book. When i may ask why the heck are you then still here posting everyday some cheap posts when you dislike the game that much? Makes no sense  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Burial.1958 said:

Doomsday Burnfall always writing a whole fantasy book. When i may ask why the heck are you then still here posting everyday some cheap posts when you dislike the game that much? Makes no sense  

They are from the “dying games” cult, you know? Since the game's release, they've been writing on forums that “the game_name is dead, it's doomed, don't play it, it's the end of the game, the end of everything, please don't play it because I say the game will die soon, why are you ignoring me??”, but they often keep playing every day as if nothing happened. Pretty strange people, but I kind of like them, they're amusing in their determination to prove something to themselves 😁

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

As I already stated, 2024, will be Guild Wars 2 breaking point to full collapse upon the release of new MMO's in the Gaming Market; who have Zero Tolerance to, Anti-Compettitveness Design and to Anti-Counterplay Gameplay. 

Stealth Mechanic including Toxic Bad Design and Toxic Profession Design such as Willbender Profession,Thief Profession, Deadye Profession and Revenant Profession and such...are no match to Healthy Competitive Game Deisgn

In  other word; Anet can chose to watch their game die a very quick death, or immediatly, start deleting Toxic Game Designs including Toxic Profession Deisigns such as Thief  Profession, Willbender Profession, Deadeye, Revenant Profession

There are no shortcut, it is eiether 'do or die'

Looking at the direction of the Game Deisgn including what Anet allows, tolerates and continue to promote

Guild Wars 2 will die. So, just be ready for it when it happens when the population sinks.

Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic are the Greatest threat to the game and because of it, Guild Wars 2 will end up being a forgotten game

I am not blaming Thief Profession players for being responsible for the game diminsihed but blame Anet for intionally allowing this Profession, to break all rules of Healthy Gaming Competition in the Gaming Industry

The Gaming Industry, has no Tolerance for Guild Wars 2 Toxic Thief Profession design including Stealth Mechanic. It will prove just that, starting next year and on

No amount of marketing can overtake word of mouth marketing

The word of mouth in the Gaming Industry - Guild Wars 2 Thief class is badly designed, it has been broken since the game release, it has no counter play, it has no fairness, it has unlimitted evades-blocks-blinds, it can teleport anywhere, it can one shot you in Stealth, it can easily one shot you, it can exploit and abuse the game at anytime, Anet tolerates it for being broken, it can use hack to go through objects like walls, it is not a healthy class to play against, it can abuse Stealth mechanic at anytime it wants, Anet don't care, that is why i quit this game, only this class gets free 'get out of the jail card' for years, stay away from the game, Anet lets Thief get away from everything without having any consequences, it's not a fun class to play against, Stealth Mechanic is Toxic etc....

This is just the summary of the word of mouth Anet that I have heard including other players, throughout the years, from players in Healthy Competitive Games that I play about Thief Profession and Anet.

So yeah!! 

Anet is just throwing away money in the trash can to their Marketing with players word of mouth marketing easily wins hands down.

You say a lot of funny words magic man. Should have a standup act.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/18/2023 at 12:50 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

I honestly am interested in what mmorpg aint gonna have stealth. Because they all do. And they're always annoying in 1v1s.

Mmorpgs aren't balanced on 1v1s. Lol 

Ironically Thief is pretty badly designed but jt aint down to whatever this rubbish is lol, WvWvW is balanced based on large scale pvp, not dueling, if u wanna run round dueling have at it, but the games gonna forever feel "toxic" doing so. 

Like 1v1ing in litterally any mmorpg does, because mmorpgs are never balanced on the 1v1 environment. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:04 AM, Burial.1958 said:

Sunk cost 

Hes been here too long and feels entitled to see people who play a class he hates get wiped out of the game -or- the game fail because of them, but because thief actually has a skill component involved neither is happening despite his opinions. 

On 11/18/2023 at 6:01 AM, Burial.1958 said:

Guy needed now an other thread for the massive Coping. 😆 

I love when you ask them to prove the reason they're whining is real, and their response is to go whine in another corner instead of just submitting a single example. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Sunk cost 

Hes been here too long and feels entitled to see people who play a class he hates get wiped out of the game -or- the game fail because of them, but because thief actually has a skill component involved neither is happening despite his opinions. 

I love when you ask them to prove the reason they're whining is real, and their response is to go whine in another corner instead of just submitting a single example. 

let's take a look in Reddit news for more examples

lets take a look at a 2 days old Toxic Bad Design Thief Profession-Daredevil 

In the end of the day and yet again, Anet has failed in promoting and attracting a Healthy Competititve Gaming scenery for Guild Wars 2 in the Gaming Industry.

No amount of Punishement by Anet will change what they allow, encourage and promote to be the face of the game. No amount of Marketing or increase of investment, finance will change the results.

3rd quater reveunue results has proven that 11 Years+ Damage to the players experiences to address Toxic Bad Design including Stealth Mechanic has already been done.

11 years+of thousands and thousands of posts, threads written by concerned players of all Professions, casual, hard-core players including new players.....were ignored, discarded, mocked, humilated and falsely accused of breaking the rules..in having Anet to at least care to take another look at addressing Stealth Mechanic and Thief Profession creating a Toxic experience for them.

Instead of Anet standing by The Community to finally address Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic once after all; they increase our painful experience more by spreading the Toxicity everywhere, to all Professions.

A Company with a Community-Building is we want......which we will never get as long this continue. Nothing will ever change as long Anet continue to work against us

This is not about The Community vs Thief Profession players, It is about Anet vs The Community

“There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together....”

"When consumers believe that a business is truly invested in the community, they become more connected to that company. The positive perception fostered by giving back to the community increases customer trust, making it easy for consumers to support a business that is involved in the community over one that is not."

"Creating and sustaining a positive reputation in the community is one way to promote your product or service and generate brand awareness."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 5

37 minutes ago, MaLong.2079 said:

Stealth is still way worse. It's basically the same mechanic that make mosquitoes be so loved by humanity.

And when stealth suddenly disappears, those same thieves are going to start rocking 1hko builds and complaints will shift to that. And pvp will slowly turn into a bunker meta because bad players refuse to improve.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

thieves are going to start rocking 1hko builds and complaints will shift to that

Yep.

If I don't have any sustain anyway, my gameplay will be picking one person, deleting them, then leaving. I'm not just going to get farmed if my kit doesn't have any mitigation, I just won't be in the firefight until it's time for me to make one person as unhappy as possible, and not a second later than that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

And when stealth suddenly disappears, those same thieves are going to start rocking 1hko builds and complaints will shift to that. And pvp will slowly turn into a bunker meta because bad players refuse to improve.

Thief Profession - Deadeye is already one shooting players. What do you call "Bad" when a Game Company design a Profession to not be competitive to then equips it with a mechanic, that allows it to gain unfair advantages, to the point of allowing it to exploits, cheat and hacking?

This is the problem The Community has with Anet, they intentionally designed Thief Profession to gain unfair advantages in the game and to break all Gaming Competitive rules.

This is the part Anet is continuing to refuse to see, even when the results are continuing are there in front of them.

Another year is no longer Tolerated, nor Excusable, to continue to go against The Community needs and wants; for a Healthy Competitive Gaming Experience.

The Gaming Industry is not exclusive to Guild Wars 2. It is an open Competitive Market for anyone to compete against each other for the players experience.

One Shot, Pulling , Exploits, Cheating, Hacking and Toxic Bad Design Professions with having the Gaming Industry most Toxic Stealth Mechanic, is instant death when new MMO Game Companies enter the Gaming Market next year, in 2024

Anet can punish, ban players for 'ringing the alarm" including myself. 

At the end of the day, It Is Business As Usual.

As a consumer, customer, we have Freedom of Choice, to chose a Game Company who Encourages and Promotes a Healthy Competitive Gaming Experience with addressing their concerns.

The same Power Anet has... to continue to ignore The Community concerns when dealing with Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic...

The same Power The Community has, to take our Business elsewhere to Game Companies who cares about the players experience.

2024, next year ...will be a proof to just that 

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

On 11/21/2023 at 3:11 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Thief Profession - Deadeye is already one shooting players. What do you call "Bad" when a Game Company design a Profession to not be competitive to then equips it with a mechanic, that allows it to gain unfair advantages, to the point of allowing it to exploits, cheat and hacking?

This is the problem The Community has with Anet, they intentionally designed Thief Profession to gain unfair advantages in the game and to break all Gaming Competitive rules.

This is the part Anet is continuing to refuse to see, even when the results are continuing are there in front of them.

Another year is no longer Tolerated, nor Excusable, to continue to go against The Community needs and wants; for a Healthy Competitive Gaming Experience.

The Gaming Industry is not exclusive to Guild Wars 2. It is an open Competitive Market for anyone to compete against each other for the players experience.

One Shot, Pulling , Exploits, Cheating, Hacking and Toxic Bad Design Professions with having the Gaming Industry most Toxic Stealth Mechanic, is instant death when new MMO Game Companies enter the Gaming Market next year, in 2024

Anet can punish, ban players for 'ringing the alarm" including myself. 

At the end of the day, It Is Business As Usual.

As a consumer, customer, we have Freedom of Choice, to chose a Game Company who Encourages and Promotes a Healthy Competitive Gaming Experience with addressing their concerns.

The same Power Anet has... to continue to ignore The Community concerns when dealing with Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic...

The same Power The Community has, to take our Business elsewhere to Game Companies who cares about the players experience.

2024, next year ...will be a proof to just that 

If you get one shotted by the class biggest tell, you deserve it.

But this tells me you don't actually know what you're talking about. A deadeye *CANNOT* one shot you out of no where. Inorder to build up damage, they have to hit you with skills that consumes init. And that's after they put an extremely obvious mark over your head. If the mark flashes, then the Deadeye had a full malice bar and he's going to stealth soon to try and get that damage off.

Even then, in most circumstances, a deadeye will. Not do enough damage to one shot you from full

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Thanks 2

On 11/21/2023 at 6:14 PM, kash.9213 said:

Who's out there getting one shot by any thief who isn't built out of glass? Save the copy/paste spam this time. Answer like you're not a bot or go back to crying in the WvW forum. 

Pretty much every line in your post is blatantly wrong or irrelevant cringe. How are you not embarrassed by that? 

Yeah! Thief is glassy! Like Corning Gorilla Glass or bulletproof glass. 🤣

It is funny to watch how thieves avoid fighting other thieves in WvW. Anything else they approach with confidence because they know they will either win or escape.

You can throw all the insults you want and yet thief will still be unbalanced and providing a huge handicap for those playing it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I refuse to believe people are so oblivious to not notice a chunk of their HP missing and instinctively try and mash the hell out of a dodge button. 

Okay maybe they got you once, so now you're aware of the existence of such a threat, you're ready the next time. Maybe you prepare this time by putting some traps under your feet, or getting ready for some massive AoE cleaving that will get the Thief to get off.

I will not deny Thief stealth burst is obnoxious as heck, but compared to the pre power nerf past where you were literally deleted from nowhere, the current PvP and WvW climate seldom has any sort of lalala I'm walking down the street and bam I'm dead the next second scenarios anymore. The learning opportunity has been made available, so learn and adapt. Maybe you should stay on Warclaw if you're idle. Maybe you should stand on top of the Supply Depot so that Shadowsteps cannot directly place the Thief accurately on your character for a Backstab.  Maybe I should LoS any potential entry points so a Thief can't click on me and press a bunch of shadowsteps to reach me. 

When people tell you "maybe play Thief and you will notice how to counter them" they're not lying. I play Thief myself as someone who plays mainly Necro Revenant and Warrior and playing one helped me understand what sound cues to prick up your ears for and exactly what timing you can dodge a Shadowshot. (still an extremely loaded skill btw, but it's not a 1 tap win button). On the note of sound cues: if you intentionally choose to play with the game's SFX sounds turned down or off, you deserve to get eaten. Stealth can be insanely OP but doesn't actually hide the sound cues of an Engi who's trying to do a sneaky Elixir-roided Prime Light Beam burst combo or a Thief that's doing Stealth combos to get near you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just wanted to add one final note I understand where people are coming from as someone who didn't mean thief in different game modes and then moved to making thief just before the release of EOD. I can understand your frustration. Self reveal as a thief in competitive mode does exist (any initial attack done from stealth reveals the thief for 3 seconds. They cannot go back into stealth during that time) if you blind a thief even while in stealth or play any conditions while in stealth we are still affected by those effects (fear pull slow. Chill stun daze ect.). 

Here's the secret, well it's not really secret. We're either coming towards you or away from you during an altercation know your environment ( because that's what thieves do we know our environment!) 

Again, I understand you're frustration. Their are classes and builds out there that have even greater mobility can significantly mitigate more damage for a longer period of time. Is there classes out there with significantly more burst and substantially more cleansing/ barrier. 

What I've seen over the last few years are a lot of people coming into competitive modes, specifically WVW with Zerg builds and trying to roam (if you're running back to your group from a long distance, you probably need to shift to a roamer build).  

As someone who played an open world contested maps for world of Warcraft for way more years than I'll admit it was common practice that people run up on you and gank you with overpowered builds while you were on a farming build. Think of it like this. You wouldn't eat soup with a fork right? So why should you get rid of all forks because you're not using a spoon?

I encourage you take a little time and play the other classes. Play around with other builds. Learn the terrain and over time you'll learn to counter other classes and other builds. As a thief I've seen people put in some amazing work to pressure me and to bring me down on different builds from elementalist would extreme sustainability and good mobility, to willbenders with great mobility and great burst damage. To mesmers with great CC and damage mitigation. 

It really depends on the skill level, understanding the other class, the terrain, and what you're looking to get out of the conflict. Remember it's called "thief" and the last time I checked these opposers of the common "men" do whatever it takes to get the most out of you ( a little role play doesn't hurt anybody).

• Like 2

Copy pasted from the wiki, bolded is additional info about the skill:

Weapon skills that cause revealed:   Death's Judgment — Rifle    Malicious Death's Judgment — Rifle
These are self reveals to a thief using these skills on rifle.

Transform skills that cause revealed :   Tainted Shackles — Death Shroud
This is core necro only, and the reveal will break if the targets move beyond 600 range from the necromancer. This cannot be pre-cast.
30s cooldown. 5s reveal if full duration hits.

Utility skills that cause revealed:
   Light's Judgment — Trap
This is Dragonhunter only. This is also a small radius trap that must be triggered to reveal. It will only reveal those who trigger the trap.
20s cooldown. 1s reveal.

Gaze of Darkness — Legendary Dragon Stance, Consume
This is Harold only, 600 radius.
15s cooldown. 5s reveal.

  "On My Mark!" — Shout
Core warrior, Targeted skill thus cannot remove stealth.
20s ammo recharge, 5s cast recharge. 2 ammo. 6s reveal.

  Sight beyond Sight — Meditation
This is Spellbreaker only. ONLY REMOVES STEALTH. Will only apply revealed to invisible targets. 600 radius.
20s ammo charge, 1s cooldown. 2 ammo. 5s reveal.

  "Sic 'Em!" — Command
Core Ranger, Targeted skill thus cannot remove stealth.
28s cooldown. 6s reveal.

  Binding Shadow — Cantrip
Deadeye only, this is a self applied reveal.
20s cooldown. 3s reveal.

Profession mechanic skills that cause revealed

  Spear of Justice — Virtue
This is dragon hunter only. This is a 1200 range Piercing  attack in a targeted direction thus will not reveal if it does not hit.
20s cooldown. 6s reveal.

  Detection Pulse — Tool belt, Utility Goggles
Core Engi. 900 radius. If you are blinded, the skill is blocked, the target evades or goes invulnerable, it will not apply reveal.
20s cooldown. 6s reveal.

Common skills that cause revealed

  Toxic Unveiling Volley — Arrow Cart
This is an arrow cart ability. Requires rank 5 of arrow cart mastery. 540 radius. Reveal will be applies up to 8x in the aoe.
60s recharge. reveal is 1s, applied up to 8 times.

Skills that remove revealed
This is blank in the wiki.

Elite skills that remove revealed

  Shadow Meld — Cantrip
Deadeye only. Enters invisibility. THIS SKILL DOES NOT REMOVE REVEALED IN WVW OR PVP. 
45s ammo recharge. 2 ammo.

Trait skills that cause revealed

  Magebane Tether (Magebane Tether) — Tether yourself to your target. If they move beyond the range threshold, pull them to you. Grants might and reveals your target every second.
This is spellbreaker only. Targeted thus cannot remove revealed.
12s cooldown. 8s reveal.

  Controlled Analysis (Lock On) — Analyze a disabled foe, applying vulnerability.
Core Engineer. Applies revealed on CC.
25s cooldown. 6s reveal.

  Invisible Analysis (Lock On) — Analyze a stealthed foe, applying vulnerability.
Core Engineer. Applies revealed on hitting an invisible target.
25s cooldown. 6s reveal.

tl;dr:

The classes that can fight Invisibility in some way every time are: Harold (Rev), Dragonhunter (Guardian) and Core Necromancer.
If you are not running the correct utilities or traits on: Warrior/Spellbreaker, Ranger or Engineer then you will not have access to reveal.
Classes that DO NOT have any source of revealing others.
Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief.

There you go, I did all the research and broke it down for everyone. Stealth is broken against Elementalist and Mesmer as they have no way to fight back. Warrior, Ranger and Engineer can be jumped and unable to fight back against it if they are not running otherwise bad utilities at all times. 

Fun fact, Mesmer has the effect Hide in Shadows This only applies to mesmer and gives mesmer a purple outline when hiding. It is otherwise treated the same as invisibility, though it can stack 9 times instead of invisibility's 6.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hide_in_Shadows_(effect)

So yeah, Invisibility should at least be made into hide in shadows in wvw and pvp. The thing is already there, just need to change the skills a bit.
As it is, yes. Invisibility is broken in player vs player scenarios. Sorry shadow art mains, but you are indeed suppose to die even almost instantly when you get caught off guard by a zerg running over you.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If resistance negating all condi damage and effects was broken, how is invisibility negating all targeted damage and most aoe damage not?

12 minutes ago, Invictorum.7643 said:

Because it doesn't? You still get fully hit in stealth. It's why knowing how to fight a thief is important. 

My man, you cannot target someone who is in stealth. It also removes call targets/set targets.
I also said most aoe as someone in stealth can just, y'know, not stand in an aoe.

Edited by Birdie.3869
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Birdie.3869 said:

My man, you cannot target someone who is in stealth. It also removes call targets/set targets.
I also said most aoe as someone in stealth can just, y'know, not stand in an aoe.

Tethered aoes like guardian's binding blade, thief's daggerstorm, necromancer's tainted shackles, and mesmer's unstable bladestorm tracks and hits stealthed targets.

Edited by cyberzombie.7348
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Birdie.3869 said:

It's a good thing we play a game where a target isnt always required to initiate attacks.

Any pvp'r with experience knows you have to play mind games with thieves, and use certain attacks to fish for them in stealth. And stealth doesn't make you immune to CC either. 

Here's a genuine question. How do you want stealth to work? Exactly like mesmer's hide in shadows? What passive or additional mitigation are you gonna give to thief to make up for it?

• Like 2