So is world restructuring happening aNet?

ConorT.5396

We’ll also be running another World Restructuring beta in early 2024. As we discussed in our last studio update, the WvW team has shifted their priority to releasing a live version of the guild-based World Restructuring system. 

Since our last beta, we’ve addressed a number of issues with guild selection, queue failures, reset issues, and more. In the next beta, we’ll be testing the new team builder, UI updates, and bug fixes. Assuming everything goes well with that test, we will be able to move forward with turning the system on full time. While we don’t have dates for the beta or initial release at this time, we will let you know as soon as possible to allow you time to organize your guilds.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-autumn-and-winter-2023/

At least they are actively working on it again, after the WvW lead left back in May, but it means development got stalled and pushed back.

Also, it won't be 'undercooked', as it looks like they have Devs and maybe a new WvW lead, working on the restructuring systems again.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 12:38 PM, ConorT.5396 said:

For those of us that are waiting... a time frame, even a rough estimate would be very much appreciated. 

Something more than an obscure blog-post where you kill alliances and give WR a "maybe". Can we have some information please?

So basically you are asking if there is future in the thing they announced one day that they were working on but in fact sat on it for 4 years and then revived because "WvW was a cornerstone of the game" but over the course of 2 years only did a few half-assed betas on just a part of the total supposed feature?

And that was when they officially worked on it.

Now it is officially paused..

You can draw your own conclusions i think.

• Like 2

So much for the WvW systems update this month. I really don’t understand why we can’t have a beta now and move forward since they just said WR without alliances. And that’s the beta (with bugfixes). What’s this “new team builder”?

This just sound like another “yeah maybe next year some time”.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

World vs. World

We’ll have another blog out with more detailed information on World vs. World in a few weeks, but here are some highlights for this quarter.

In late January 2024, we’ll be expanding the ways you can use your guild hall to create unique gameplay experiences with a guild hall arena update, including a selector to control which game mode rules your guild arena uses. This new feature will give you the ability to set your personal game mode in the guild hall, enabling the skills and balancing for the Player vs. Player or World vs. World game modes. In addition, we’ll be introducing options to select teams outside of the confines of the guild arena, giving you access to the entire map so you can battle your friends.

So Guild Hall changes are considered WvW content? In that case, I've less than zero confidence 😄

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 8:57 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

...No one, literally no one has empty guild slots...

SweetPotato, while I generally agree with you about releasing a half-baked system not being a good idea, I did wonder where this statement came from. I've had an empty guild slot for a while now and as far as I know, I'm someone, not "no one". People have asked on the forum for more guild slots and I'd support that. It's just hyperbole like this that clangs like a broken bell in my ears.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

SweetPotato, while I generally agree with you about releasing a half-baked system not being a good idea, I did wonder where this statement came from. I've had an empty guild slot for a while now and as far as I know, I'm someone, not "no one". People have asked on the forum for more guild slots and I'd support that. It's just hyperbole like this that clangs like a broken bell in my ears.  

You point is? So what if I exaggeratedI am describing my plight, and I hear from people in my guild, about not able to join new guild for alliance because we all don't have extra guild slots, players become friends and build community over 11 years playing the game, it isn't something I can just leave behind unless there is a significant event that destroyed the want to stay. I for one am not going to let a half-baked system destroyed a community I finally can call home. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You point is? So what if I exaggeratedI am describing my plight, and I hear from people in my guild, about not able to join new guild for alliance because we all don't have extra guild slots..

There's two points I was trying to make. The first one is that you cannot speak for all players, you can only speak from your own experience and that of the people you know. The second point, speaking only for myself, is that kind of overly dramatic exaggeration makes your arguments ring false in my ears, even though I generally agree with what you are saying about half-baked systems. When you say that you and people in your guild don't have the extra guild slots to join a new alliance guild, that rings true to me, like you are pointing toward a real problem. However, when you say  "No one, literally no one has empty guild slots" that just sounds ridiculous to me. Simply put, for me, the exaggeration doesn't help your argument, it weakens it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

You point is? So what if I exaggeratedI am describing my plight, and I hear from people in my guild, about not able to join new guild for alliance because we all don't have extra guild slots, players become friends and build community over 11 years playing the game, it isn't something I can just leave behind unless there is a significant event that destroyed the want to stay. I for one am not going to let a half-baked system destroyed a community I finally can call home. 

3 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

There's two points I was trying to make. The first one is that you cannot speak for all players, you can only speak from your own experience and that of the people you know. The second point, speaking only for myself, is that kind of overly dramatic exaggeration makes your arguments ring false in my ears, even though I generally agree with what you are saying about half-baked systems. When you say that you and people in your guild don't have the extra guild slots to join a new alliance guild, that rings true to me, like you are pointing toward a real problem. However, when you say  "No one, literally no one has empty guild slots" that just sounds ridiculous to me. Simply put, for me, the exaggeration doesn't help your argument, it weakens it.

I think we are all three in the same boat that we like to hang out with people in other guilds as well as our own. When the WR minus the Alliance bits drop we are left with joining a Community guild which we may or not have space for or face the mixing bowl, aka Shake and Bake that the redesign is where we land without our current server mates. As others have said that might be more balanced matches. I won't say yeah or nay there since without coverage factors that's a question mark to me. So in the end if we are going with WR minus Alliance then players need to form more server guilds or group before release else face Shake and Bake meta.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, Chips.7968 said:

So Guild Hall changes are considered WvW content? In that case, I've less than zero confidence 😄

I been warning yall for years now to stop linking Guild Vs Guild with WvW. The developers ran with the narrative that the two are entwined and now focus all their WvW resources on Guild vs Guild Guild Hall battles, and Guild Alliances. Neither adds any real value to WvW gameplay.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 1:47 AM, Chips.7968 said:

That is exactly what I thought as well.  Huh?

"Knighthonor.4061

On 10/25/2023 at 1:47 AM, Chips.7968 said:

So Guild Hall changes are considered WvW content? In that case, I've less than zero confidence 😄

I been warning yall for years now to stop linking Guild Vs Guild with WvW. The developers ran with the narrative that the two are entwined and now focus all their WvW resources on Guild vs Guild Guild Hall battles, and Guild Alliances. Neither adds any real value to WvW gameplay.  "

Ob. Sanct. is empty except for the people stuck in a Q.  Anet, you already built GvG in OS!!!  Leave the guilds alone. Go to the BLs, Qs, more guilds slots for members.... Read what people are saying. Thank you.

Edited by Kal Durak.2830
Had to add an extra comment, didn't want another warning ....

On 10/25/2023 at 9:33 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Yes, a lot of folks I know don't have room, i have personally had to delete friends guilds to put in an Alliance guild.  If Anet would change the "5' to "6" guilds allowed, problem solved. IMHO

• Thanks 1