Are Shrine Guardian kits an invasive species?

Kalavier.1097

6 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Possibly, but my headcanon is that it's just the same handful of kits that's been following us since Kaineng Fractal (or even since Seitung).

I'm now imagining ArenaNet making the kits just a little larger every release, until there's a release when they just disappear... only for a pack of adolescent shrine guardians to show up at a critical moment, and for ArenaNet to comment that they've been building up to this for years...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think they are just there to have another set of achievements - and they just liked it and wanted to continue it. Similar ot how other content is re-used. Even the fishing where normal Tyrian fish (from the first two SotO maps) can be found in the Nayos. No need to think deep about such stuff. 😄

Edit: And the diving goggles also are an invasive species lol. 😄 If the Kryptis don't like to dive every now and then ... they probably also have secretly followed us around since core maps. 😄

Edited by Luthan.5236

6 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I think they are just there to have another set of achievements - and they just liked it and wanted to continue it. Similar ot how other content is re-used.

Thing is, if it was "just there to have another set of achievements", they could have done the puzzles without the shrine kit animations or achievement fluff.

Maybe it was just easier to copy paste the things - without having to remove the assosicated shrine guardian kit. Don't know. I would not expext them to have thought of bigger lore stuff behind every minor thing we encounter in the game. Not really necessary to think about this to enjoy it. 😄

They might as well just have thought that people liked those little foxes. As long as there is no reason denying the possibility: It also might be possible that the Kryptis just sucked some of them into the rifts while invading Tyria. It is up to the player - if they really want to think about such stuff. That seems probably easier though ... than to expect that some of them just followed the commander everywhere since EoD.

On 11/11/2023 at 7:56 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Possibly, but my headcanon is that it's just the same handful of kits that's been following us since Kaineng Fractal (or even since Seitung).

Hadn't thought of that. Though I figure each EoD map has their own, so a group that decided to tag along. Or they spread from the kaineng fractal creation. 

Edited by Kalavier.1097
  • Confused 1

On 11/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, Kalavier.1097 said:

Given how they are all over the three Soto maps, including Nayos :P.

As someone who works in environmental science, I just wanted to point out that, unless a species is negatively effecting their new environment, they’re referred to as non-native species.  And the answer to that might be yes, but they’re also very elusive creatures and maybe we’ve never noticed them before?  Who knows. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

I'm now imagining ArenaNet making the kits just a little larger every release, until there's a release when they just disappear... only for a pack of adolescent shrine guardians to show up at a critical moment, and for ArenaNet to comment that they've been building up to this for years...

I'd love that honestly 😂

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 3:12 PM, Tom.8029 said:

As someone who works in environmental science, I just wanted to point out that, unless a species is negatively effecting their new environment, they’re referred to as non-native species.  And the answer to that might be yes, but they’re also very elusive creatures and maybe we’ve never noticed them before?  Who knows. 

Fair!

5 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I'd love that honestly 😂

We got astral foxes in the Bastion of Knowledge, so it could be. I mean the mini is supposed to be one who decided to join you (from the achievement description) and the npcs in Cantha (well one specific one) will talk about your shrine guardian jackal if you have the skin!

• Like 1