Are we really comfortable paying for unfinished expansions?

Tanuki.4603

7 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

Simple:

WoW dropped when expectations were lower. If a game dropped, identically to WoW vanilla orginally did the game would flop today, players would critise server stability, class balance, overpowered racials and more. 

New mmorpgs die before they're given the chance to reiterate as many times as WoW needed to. 

And thats because the standards higher, because everyone has decades old games and content to compare a brand new mmorpg to.

Mmorpgs are long investments. In alot of cases like WoW. Its the guilds, the friends, the characters that keep you in game more then the quality of the game itself. 

No mmorpg afrer WoW has gotten to popular long enough to recreate that. 

I think that the issue with games like GW2 and gamers in general is trying to recreate some good old nostalgia.

GW2 should focus on being good, become better, finding ways to attract the attention of even more people, keeping them interested on playing this game on a daily basis, that's harder to achieve when people within this community say that GW2 is a game that should not be appealing to players that play a childish game like WoW...

• Confused 1

On 11/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, Tanuki.4603 said:

People have sour taste after this patch beacuse the story is less than old living world, we don't even get full map like old living world and strike got barely any work done besides a copypaste mechanic from a previous strike, and is extremely easy even for pug groups.  We've paid for an unfinished expansion without any feature and it only shows now how empty this patch will be, since we cannot even work further to progress our legendary armor like with the last patch, and the wait for the next update is twice as it was for this. Let's not forget the last fractal realease bugged for months with kittened up scaling as it was a scrapped strike.

Now, wow released their 10.2 patch yesterday, skim thru this page linked below to see how much content they add:

https://www.wowhead.com/guide/dragonflight-patch-10-2-guardians-of-the-dream-overview

Its an absurd amount compared to GW2, one patch is way more content than entire soto with 4 updates, they get tons of cosmetics available ingame, tons of customization, meaningful storylines. the story is 10 hours of gameplay + raid and side quests twice the amount of that.

Are we really comfortable with the current ANet approach being the right future for GW2? Paying for unifnished expansions that bring very little every 3-4 months? There has to be a better way to deliver content.

If you scroll through all my reply’s about guildwars 2 then you know the truth. Someone once posted the earnings of guildwars 2 in a year and if was Billions. But they stick with a small team because thats more money for every person. They wont invest for more ppl to make content. They just think. Let the ppl who fill our wallets just wait for content. The overall guildwars 2 community is too lovely about the franchise. They dont want to hate on it. And just accept everything they do.

And one thing i said before is. The gem shop is the ‘real’ content because its fashion wars. That goes with hyped cat chairs. And clothing that shows skin. i mean. Look how often you get new content and how often the gem shop gets new skins. Anet is a business and they have go be smart with man power time wise. Resources. If they work on a raid then it cost months to make. They dont know if it will be a succes. And because of the horizontal progress the raid that costs a year to make will be cleared within a few days. Also the raid is a part of the Paid expansion and so have go be given away for free. 

while every gem store item they create they can get even more money from it. Mount 1600 = 20 euro. And so on. 

thats what i hate, the gemstore got so often nice items while i never had enough gold. That makes me felt that only ppl who buy gems can have fun in game. If you imagine how much meta’s you have to grind to make a bit of gold, thats crazy. Sure its better to craft a legendary and sell that, but thats also a huge grind. And gaming should be fun and not a farming simulator or second job. And the gold is gone within a few weeks. I once crafted kudzu, it got undercute 16 Times. So i lost my 5% fee and then accepted a nice bid. And then i tried some meta’s like. Tarir, silver wastes. Shatterer 2.0, pinata, treasure mushroom. But they never dropped the big gold reward. It feels like greed to me. That i have to buy expansion and even have to pay more because the actual loot does not drop but goes to the gem store. Meta chests are always full of junk.

as i said before. In wow the loot drops. Yes you have to pay to get access to the game. But all loot can drop. And there are thousands of nice transmog skins to drop. And fish up mini’s (pets) or even mounts. Open world bosses that drop mounts. Guildwars 2 is free to play (if bought the game) but open world nearly drops nothing. All nice skins go to the store. Even ONE mini or mount skin to fish up is too much asked. If there is a nice skin then its a grind for weeks to get bored of. They want you to stick in the game and see how many shinys come to the store. 

for the there is no difference between guildwars 2 and wow money. Wow money is always the same and yes skins are behind rng. But you can kill all bosses with all characters every week and skins are account wide now also. In guildwars 2 there is a chance you have to spend more on a few skins then the wow sub on its own. If gem store skins are time limited you can ignore it. Or you can use your wallet if you are poor. But if you ignore it. Some skins are only in the store once a year. 

also the real loot is super rare and so it will never drop. Making gold is hard. In wow its easy to make gold. And also wow is f2p if you farm some days because wow token. Yes the graphics are different. But i like both games graphics. 

guildwars 2 players want wvw content, pvp content, raids, new specs, new professions, new races. But you all get Nothing!! You can support their charity with your money. Thats all that counts. So the world thinks how nice this company is with give away money. Free and easy advertisement. They just add some exclusive mini aurene on it and the money comes. But the real content doesn’t. 

sure the support of this game is the best that exsist. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

6 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

But its not moving gear progression. 

It's a flat line. There's no curve at all to the power, because you get it you wear it, the end of any increase. 

There's no progression to this system. It's just a jump in power. 

There's no difference between that jade bot and anet just buffing the base hp of every class by the same amount litterally at all. It eas just a way to make a expansion requiring buying to have it. 

For a system to be a verticle progression. It has to have a curve to progress, and the jade bot as a system is basically just a flat buff. 

Systems in gw2 end the same day they begin, because theres no progression to anything in the game. Nothing grows beyond its base implementation. So its not verticle its a flat line plateau from launch to now. 

You start the story you get jade bot tier 1. You can upgrade it to tier 10. Each tier gives more stats. How is that not vertical gear progression?

This has nothing to do with power creep. A player without jade bot will be weaker than a player with tier 3 bot and further weaker than a player with tier 10 bot. You can replace "jade bot tier" with "equipment ilvl" and it is the same system.

Yes you can straight buy it from TP and have a flat increase. But that doesn't mean it suddenly horizontal. Many (mostly older) mmorpgs do not have bound gear, so if you have the gold you can straight buy the best gear in game. These are still vertical games.

Every game plateaus at the point "now". And gw2 is definitely not a flat power line from launch until now. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

If you scroll through all my reply’s about guildwars 2 then you know the truth. Someone once posted the earnings of guildwars 2 in a year and if was Billions. But they stick with a small team because thats more money for every person. They wont invest for more ppl to make content. They just think. Let the ppl who fill our wallets just wait for content. The overall guildwars 2 community is too lovely about the franchise. They dont want to hate on it. And just accept everything they do.

Billions Korean won. You are a smart cookie, I'll let you figure out what that is in US dollaer/Euro and how anything after that which you wrote still males sense or not.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Billions Korean won. You are a smart cookie, I'll let you figure out what that is in US dollaer/Euro and how anything after that which you wrote still males sense or not.

You are probably too addicted to the game to even think different. Thats what comes with addiction. Ppl believe in it and its the only thing that matters to them. They accept everything. Even if it costs too much. But why not? There is nothing else and ty for the dislike. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

On 11/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, Tanuki.4603 said:

We've paid for an unfinished expansion without any feature and it only shows now how empty this patch will be, since we cannot even work further to progress our legendary armor like with the last patch, and the wait for the next update is twice as it was for this.

I mean, that's already known since before release.
We know since February that Soto and future expansions will be released in 4 steps. Also it's known that the first release will be larger than the following per expansion.
Also we got a clear schedule of what we get with each patch. From this we know that we have to wait for the last patch to finish the legendary armor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Splat.7981 said:

For sure, because we know that video games are all about grown up stuff...

some people get weird regarding WoW. I know people in rl who have a perception WoW is for children 😂😂

I can agree with the sentiment, gw2 doesn't need to copy WoW. But it does need to compete. 

We have systems that can directly compete with WoW systems, we have abandoned projects that could be reiterated and started. 

Anet just doesnt seem to great at competing tbh. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

You are probably too addicted to the game to even think different. Thats what comes with addiction. Ppl believe in it and its the only thing that matters to them. They accept everything. Even if it costs too much. But why not? There is nothing else and ty for the dislike. 

That's 14million pounds BTW. 

WoW made 173million in the same period of time just so we have so competing numbers here. 

14 million. Is barely anything in a mmorpg industry lol. They keep a small team yet they have expanded the team by a significant amount twice since EoD.?  Lol. 

Gw2 made 75 million through EoD. 

Wow makes 100mil more in a singular quater

Mmorpgs are quite litterally the most expensive genre of game to sustain, litterally the games making nothing lol. Because anet suck at monetizing their game to actually create a profit. 

It's not the case of "a tiny team" or "not enough people" your playing the small fry in the genre. Gw2 doesn't generate enough money to seriously compete with WoW. Hence why it doesn't. Because anet know this. 

Gw2 is one of the lowest earning mmorpgs on the market, even ESO beats us out 😂 and you cant even buy gold there lol. Or legendaries. 

Gw2, simply went too FREE, to make money that's just as simple as it is, while as a customer we can adore its monetization model. For the company it basically is horrific lol. 

Anet need to increase their income. They still do, I aint sure how, but they do need to, because it didn't come out with the game its gonna be a hard one to figure ou5

Edited by Puck.3697
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Maybe I am, at least I am financially literate enough to understand currency conversions before making up weird theories about what a studio does and doesn't do.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

Maybe I am, at least I am financially literate enough to understand currency conversions before making up weird theories about what a studio odes and doesn't do.

You ain't 😂 the man just didn't read earnings properly and doesn't wanna look stupid. 

Saying a mmorpg made 14 million in todays climate over a quater, knowing every cost of the company has dramatically increased. Isn't a "amazing goal". Lol. 

It's competitors took over 173million each. Financial illeracy isn't his issue, the issue is, people wanna blame Devs for things and if you accept the game doesn't generate enough money u simply cant do that anymore. 

Everyone seems to believe it's fine for a cinema to cost you a total of 60 pound for a 2 hour movie, its fine for arcades to cost you 10 pounds a hour, but when it comes to gaming it shouldnt cost a penny and think it shouldn't be a problem for the company to put content out. 

Its a weird world we live in. 

Now ofcourse devs have messed up, and some things are devs fault. But I think 14million in a quatre for a mmorpg if anything highlights the fact the games taking nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

You ain't 😂 the man just didn't read earnings properly and doesn't wanna look stupid. 

Saying a mmorpg made 14 million in todays climate over a quater, knowing every cost of the company has dramatically increased. Isn't a "amazing goal". Lol. 

It's competitors took over 173million each. Financial illeracy isn't his issue, the issue is, people wanna blame Devs for things and if you accept the game doesn't generate enough money u simply cant do that anymore. 

Everyone seems to believe it's fine for a cinema to cost you a total of 60 pound for a 2 hour movie, its fine for arcades to cost you 10 pounds a hour, but when it comes to gaming it shouldnt cost a penny and think it shouldn't be a problem for the company to put content out. 

Its a weird world we live in. 

Now ofcourse devs have messed up, and some things are devs fault. But I think 14million in a quatre for a mmorpg if anything highlights the fact the games taking nothing. 

Absolutely, yet here we are in a thread where some are arguing over how evil Arenanet is while citing other developers which nickle and dime them far more. It's a crazy world to live in. 🤦‍♂️

EDIT: and just to be clear, that does not excuse any issues with the mini expansion. The most financially prudent choice is and always will be: wait until you get a finished product. What I disagree with is this unreasonable double standard of some.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

EDIT: and just to be clear, that does not excuse any issues with the mini expansion. The most financially prudent choice is and always will be: wait until you get a finished product. What I disagree with is this unreasonable double standard of some

I dont mind the mini expansion, I mean if we look at WoW and ffxiv they do the same thing. Launch a barren expansion with some zones and drip content into it on a patch cycle. I dont think this is entirely the issue.

I think the issue is, anet haven't found their footing this with model yet. I feel like for this sorta thing to work, you need to come out swinging with the amount of open world content you launch. And then add rhe finished stuff later on. 

I also think they need to restart reusing assets. 

WoW does this all the time and it's proven to work, reuse old assets to create new content. Create ingame lead ups to events, so the concept of "unfinished" is replaced with "Building plot". 

Players view Soto unfinished. Becsuse the stories stopped and there's no build up to make it feel ongoing but instead segments of content, anet haven't figured out how to hide this yet. 

The issue isnt the expansions smaller, the issue isnt the amount of lands. The issue is the player can visually see the end line of segments. Because there's nothing going on to depict progression. 

For example

If you had a patch theme of the nightmare court becoming a problem. 

Have around dungeon entrances to do with them having nightmare court members pouring out into open events, have more of their settlements opening up over Tyria, maybe have raids of them running into capitals and triggering events inside the city walls. 

Have dialogue happening describing attacks. 

You dont need a whole new land to do this. You can simply do it by reusing core tyrias thematics around the nightmare court and simply add stuff to what exists. 

And please for the love of God do a battle pass properly. 

Reinstate log in rewards, scrap the vault. And just give us 3 month seasonal battle pass for £20 that give us some bonus rewards for completing contrnt. Make the rewards worth something. Right now vault ain't working, because you know ur cutting income even further if you actually add anything wanted to it. 

You need a more predictable income. And players need a reward system that actually engages with the game for some hype rewards. 

Edited by Puck.3697
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

If you scroll through all my reply’s about guildwars 2 then you know the truth. Someone once posted the earnings of guildwars 2 in a year and if was Billions.

FYI The reports you typically see are for NCSoft.  As they are a Korean company, their earnings reports are in Korean won which is worth 0.00076 of a dollar.  In other words, 1 billion won equates to only $760,000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

That's 14million pounds BTW. 

WoW made 173million in the same period of time just so we have so competing numbers here. 

14 million. Is barely anything in a mmorpg industry lol. They keep a small team yet they have expanded the team by a significant amount twice since EoD.?  Lol. 

Gw2 made 75 million through EoD. 

Wow makes 100mil more in a singular quater

Mmorpgs are quite litterally the most expensive genre of game to sustain, litterally the games making nothing lol. Because anet suck at monetizing their game to actually create a profit. 

It's not the case of "a tiny team" or "not enough people" your playing the small fry in the genre. Gw2 doesn't generate enough money to seriously compete with WoW. Hence why it doesn't. Because anet know this. 

Gw2 is one of the lowest earning mmorpgs on the market, even ESO beats us out 😂 and you cant even buy gold there lol. Or legendaries. 

Gw2, simply went too FREE, to make money that's just as simple as it is, while as a customer we can adore its monetization model. For the company it basically is horrific lol. 

Anet need to increase their income. They still do, I aint sure how, but they do need to, because it didn't come out with the game its gonna be a hard one to figure ou5

Btw i dont mind spend money. But it bas to come from 2 sides. If i spend i also expect sometimes get something nice (loot) back. But thats the problem in guildwars 2. The loot is mostly garbage for me. So that means if i want something. I have to spend even more. And thats what made me disappointed. I am mainly an fps gamer. But not much fun anymore because its full of camper losers. I want fast paced combat. Oke. Then about mmo and rpg. There i am a loot goblin (to say it nice) but no matter what i do in guildwars 2. The loot is bad everywhere. Making gold is endless farming metas which is not fun.  It would be more fun IF YOU atleast get something nice when finished the 1 hour meta. But no. Its just a junk loot train. Look at dragon stand. Amazing fight. But without a reward. If anet atleast put some effort on a loot table it would change much. Dragonstorm never gave me aurene chest. And all losers pinging their shinys at the end. I never insulted them ingame. But i just thought about it. And thats the problem also. All those ppl show off. A small change could make a big difference. Just something nice. A mini from fishing loot table. Or some kind of nice looking sword from a chest. Nope. Not ganna happen. Just junk loot. My parents leaned us that greed is bad. And thats why i am hating so much on greed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Btw i dont mind spend money. But it bas to come from 2 sides. If i spend i also expect sometimes get something nice (loot) back. But thats the problem in guildwars 2. The loot is mostly garbage for me. So that means if i want something. I have to spend even more. And thats what made me disappointed. I am mainly an fps gamer. But not much fun anymore because its full of camper losers. I want fast paced combat. Oke. Then about mmo and rpg. There i am a loot goblin (to say it nice) but no matter what i do in guildwars 2. The loot is bad everywhere. Making gold is endless farming metas which is not fun.  It would be more fun IF YOU atleast get something nice when finished the 1 hour meta. But no. Its just a junk loot train. Look at dragon stand. Amazing fight. But without a reward. If anet atleast put some effort on a loot table it would change much. Dragonstorm never gave me aurene chest. And all losers pinging their shinys at the end. I never insulted them ingame. But i just thought about it. And thats the problem also. All those ppl show off. A small change could make a big difference. Just something nice. A mini from fishing loot table. Or some kind of nice looking sword from a chest. Nope. Not ganna happen. Just junk loot. My parents leaned us that greed is bad. And thats why i am hating so much on greed. 

But we arent spending money are we lmfao. 

We spend £20 every years for a expansion, while other games cost over 200 pound a year, this game takes 10% of the money per player other games demand just to log in. Yet you expect the game to have 100% of the content. 

This game doesn't have a model that really makes its playerbase pay anything. And for that reason the money going into the game I'd vastly smaller equally. 

2 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

But we arent spending money are we lmfao. 

We spend £20 every years for a expansion, while other games cost over 200 pound a year, this game takes 10% of the money per player other games demand just to log in. Yet you expect the game to have 100% of the content. 

This game doesn't have a model that really makes its playerbase pay anything. And for that reason the money going into the game I'd vastly smaller equally. 

In a game that gives you zero cosmetics/ cool rewards for just playing the game. Every cosmetic you have to apy for with dollars. In WoW you can literally earn few hundred comsetics ingame every patch. Here it is priced with money. We don;'t get nice things we can work towards we just have to open our wallet.

If you want to get new cosmetics ( which are added in low amount) u have to pay 10 $ every 2 weeks for the gemstore new cosmetic.

Edited by Tanuki.4603
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Tanuki.4603 said:

In a game that gives you zero cosmetics/ cool rewards for just playing the game. Every cosmetic you have to apy for with dollars. In WoW you can literally earn few hundred comsetics ingame every patch. Here it is priced with money. We don;'t get nice things we can work towards we just have to open our wallet.

Omg. You made my day 👍🏻 Never expected someone in the guildwars 2 community could even imagine (understand) the situation.

Paying a subscription 13 euro a month is way less then buy gems. 1 mount is 1600 gems is 20 euro for ONE MOUNT SKIN. If you farm mounts in wow for 4 weeks i am sure you atleast loot 1. and indeed. Wow bosses drops the skins. And you can farm it with every character that can use the skin to add it in your wardrobe. 

and in wow you can solo old content for nice skins. Sure you have to pay sub the be able to play or have access to your characters that are high lvl.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

That's probably part of the problem.  With the game 11 years old, a lot of established players who were once willing to spend are probably less likely to do so at this point because 1) They already have everything they want and 2) They may be losing interest as the game provides less and less content.  At least, that's where I find myself.  I'd be happy to pay for more content.  I was not thrilled to hear that the new model asks only $25 per year with no other source of income outside of the cosmetic cash shop because I knew it meant we'd be getting even less and I was already dissatisfied with the quantity of new content releases.

Giving people more cosmetics for free is only going to make that situation worse.  People are going to spend even less and they'll have to devote more resources to constantly producing new loot to keep the players happy.  At least with the gold-to-gems trade they have a chance of making some money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Omg. You made my day 👍🏻 Never expected someone in the guildwars 2 community could even imagine (understand) the situation

Except he doesn't. 

I play WoW, I play GW2. And day ti day you can see which game has the larger budget. Lol, 

How can you expect a game that makes

75 million a year. 

To compete against a

game taking. Over 800 million a year

Please take a moment to explain it, because honestly I don't get how you look at this math and think each games budget should be the same lol. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

That's probably part of the problem.  With the game 11 years old, a lot of established players who were once willing to spend are probably less likely to do so at this point because 1) They already have everything they want and 2) They may be losing interest as the game provides less and less content.  At least, that's where I find myself.  I'd be happy to pay for more content.  I was not thrilled to hear that the new model asks only $25 per year with no other source of income outside of the cosmetic cash shop because I knew it meant we'd be getting even less and I was already dissatisfied with the quantity of new content releases

Agreed. 

Vault shouldn't of become a thing. 

A 3 month battle pass should have been the way, it generates money, and could have implemented ingame cosmetics/ mount skins and more without feeling like it directly ripped money made. 

I dont get why they didn't just do a proper battle pass. 

Could have awarded nice things at each tier, and then a seasonal cosmetic gear set or weapon or both at the end of it. 

Game needs to be moneitized to create money. To then spend money. 

Coulda done it like every other. 

£20 standard battle pass, £30 battle pass + seasonal weapon skin -  £50 for battle pass + skip X amounts of levels. 

Have a new battle pass every 3 months. 

Edited by Puck.3697
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

Except he doesn't. 

I play WoW, I play GW2. And day ti day you can see which game has the larger budget. Lol, 

75 million a year. 

To compete against a

Please take a moment to explain it, because honestly I don't get how you look at this math and think each games budget should be the same lol. 

Then anet has to change their formula. Just add a subscription to it. Maybe f2p as it is now. And remove horizontal progress and just increase the lvl cap once a few years. By 10 or 20. Not just masterys. A lvl cap is way better for new players then grind 3 or 4 expansions of mastery xp. Maybe bundle living seasons with expansions and dont want to charge everything separate. Everything in the world gets more expensive. So they just let ppl buy gems without being able to create more/new/good content. Till the game dies. Ppl want content then they have to pay a sub. Maybe they can make sub also buyable for gems for rich old veterans. 

and why should everything be new? Just update old maps  or copy it and bring different metas to it  

and let ppl upgrade their existing legendarys  armor or weapons even more. Maybe new stats but not just select, but a huge collection for 1 different stat. I think horizontal progression is bad. I just say this all because i dont play mmorpg’s anymore. 

maybe tweak challange modes, the less players in party the bigger the reward, ppl say cm is easy, then complete a 10 man cm with 6 players and increase rewards/drop chance  

about that korean money i didnt know. I only read billions. Nothing more. 

• Confused 5

25 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

Except he doesn't. 

75 million a year. 

To compete against a

In WoW - farm 400 mounts while having fuin doing variety of content enjoyable with friends.

In GW2 = 20 mount skins = 400 euro in the cash shop

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, Puck.3697 said:

Agreed. 

Vault shouldn't of become a thing. 

A 3 month battle pass should have been the way, it generates money, and could have implemented ingame cosmetics/ mount skins and more without feeling like it directly ripped money made. 

I dont get why they didn't just do a proper battle pass. 

Could have awarded nice things at each tier, and then a seasonal cosmetic gear set or weapon or both at the end of it. 

Game needs to be moneitized to create money. To then spend money. 

Coulda done it like every other. 

£20 standard battle pass, £30 battle pass + seasonal weapon skin -  £50 for battle pass + skip X amounts of levels. 

Have a new battle pass every 3 months. 

I wish I could say I believe that's a good call, but I think the "free" model puts the game in a position where it would lose too many players if they ever changed it.  I wish I also believed that it would result in more content, but I'm not confident of that either.  I said I'd gladly pay for more content.  I have no intention of paying more for less.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Puck.3697 said:

some people get weird regarding WoW. I know people in rl who have a perception WoW is for children 😂😂

I can agree with the sentiment, gw2 doesn't need to copy WoW. But it does need to compete. 

We have systems that can directly compete with WoW systems, we have abandoned projects that could be reiterated and started. 

Anet just doesnt seem to great at competing tbh. 

Why should it directly compete with WoW?  They are different business models with (probably) different goals.  I'm glad that GW2 isn't a WoW clone.

1 hour ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

If you want to get new cosmetics ( which are added in low amount) u have to pay 10 $ every 2 weeks for the gemstore new cosmetic.

Or, you could convert gold to gems and not pay anything.  That's what I expect a lot of players do.  I know that it works for me.  I've only paid for the original game and expansion content; other than that, I've been converting gold to gems for years and I have all of the cosmetics that I want.  So, yeah, I've "earned" my cosmetics in-game by simply playing.  I've not had to spend any money every so many weeks, unlike in WoW where I'd be forced to pay a subscription for all of the "free" stuff you mention.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2