Hyped for the new weapons !

Zevelon.6512

Finally as a warrior main after mastering the the gunblade i feel confident that my warrior (that in all fantasy genre movies games and so on is a weapon master) had reached the level to pick up the all mighty STICK !!!! Such an advanced weapon took years of practice and development i guess, at least the RANGERS will finally get to use rifle (a melee weapon)  oh nvm i meant a gun … nope that is not right , ah yes  duo drumsticks cuz like the class suggests the RANGER like melee range. 

Guess the other classes weapons at least make some sense, like the body-guardian with pistols but knowing the dev team i bet he will use them as throwing weapons. Has this game became a joke to you ANet ? A lot of things are left kitten done and you focus on skins and adding irrational weapons to classes. All game modes suffer from your greed, specially PvP and WvW. You fix bugs that are not a big issue till that point just for them to reappear in the next patch, the WvW community has been begging for balanced matchup for ages and you start to fix queue bugs and rework rewards, what about the outdated tactics in the game mode ? are you going to add the consume all feature to them or we have to buy a new mouse each time we need to replenish them? What about the hackers? Any progress on that ? Or the new boat skin is to die for ? Your irrational decision to ruin a good game is beyond our comprehension. Fix what you have wile you have it stop pumping out new stuff that you will neglect the next time your pockets feel lighter again. Adding new stuff when the old stuff does not work like it should does bot fix the issue. I know that this post will get as much traction as a letter from a deadman but still some one may read my rant and understand the points i’m making, i cannot list all the issues in all game modes and i cannot fix them the ppl that can fix them are your developers ANet but not alone, ask the community for feedback and open your eyes if you want something done, a person that threats this game as a job won’t have the same view as a person that plays it for fun, don’t listen to the feedback of few  streamers/creators ask the public that is playing the game for fun for feedback use this forums to extract ideas. Most of the useful info is lost here under the spam, but you can logg in the game few times and ask in the chat for opinions instead of spamming updates for the cash shop. I said what was on my mind , i know it is a long rant and some ppl won’t agree with me but i don’t care about that as long as Anet starts to get its feedback from the source instead of the greed wallet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15

The point of this post was that Anet pump new stuff out and leave old stuff broken. There is a lot of things that need a fix and they just pump out new stuff. The ppl responsible for all the balance don't even play the game and yet they make changes just for the sake of it . It was clear long ago that every class will at some point use all weapons so it is not a surprise but i expected them to at least fix the existing issues before making new once. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Maybe it's just me but a lot of these weapons will fall flat as they lack any real trait support.

There's also the fact that a lot of the core trait lines haven't been modernized meaning if you play warrior for example and want to play a functional support you're pretty hosed for choices and have to sacrifice way more than other existing supports just to remotely compete in the same space.

30 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Everytime someone makes a ranger and range comment as if that has anything to do with rangers, Smokey The Bear has to put out another forest fire.

I m going to shoot smokey the bear with my ranged ranger. 

Seriously tho.

Yes ranger is not = range but that doesn't mean ranger shouldn't have viable ranged weapons. Well ranged weapon ranger is kinda good in wvw but most, if not all, of the ranged ones suck in pve. I m not a ranger (anymore) but wth is that mechanic that you have to hit the enemy from behind or aside to deal proper damage with shortbow while enemies automatically turn to you due to aggro. Also what u do if ur group groups up in Front of the boss? Walking around the boss where none of your allies stands so that you dont get any boons? Tbh this mechanic has made me avoid shortbow on ranger at all costs in pve when i played ranger. Longbow Was once good in pve but has been ignored for a long time. Axe is actually a decent condi "ranged" weapon. Yeah well the Autoattack that doesn't inflict condis at all and yes skill 3 is ranged. But the best condi skill of axe is skill 2, which requires you to stay in melee so all axes hit. Actually same thing with shortbow 2.

Which leaves ranger with no actual good real ranged weapon in pve (while in wvw they have) so while ranger =/= ranged, ranger deserves to have an actual good ranged weapon in pve. So thats my opinion on it.

Edited by SeTect.5918

25 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

I m going to shoot smokey the bear with my ranged ranger. 

Seriously tho.

Yes ranger is not = range but that doesn't mean ranger shouldn't have viable ranged weapons. Well ranged weapon ranger is kinda good in wvw but most, if not all, of the ranged ones suck in pve. I m not a ranger (anymore) but wth is that mechanic that you have to hit the enemy from behind or aside to deal proper damage with shortbow while enemies automatically turn to you due to aggro. Also what u do if ur group groups up in Front of the boss? Walking around the boss where none of your allies stands so that you dont get any boons? Tbh this mechanic has made me avoid shortbow on ranger at all costs in pve when i played ranger. Longbow Was once good in pve but has been ignored for a long time. Axe is actually a decent condi "ranged" weapon. Yeah well the Autoattack that doesn't inflict condis at all and yes skill 3 is ranged. But the best condi skill of axe is skill 2, which requires you to stay in melee so all axes hit. Actually same thing with shortbow 2.

Which leaves ranger with no actual good real ranged weapon in pve (while in wvw they have) so while ranger =/= ranged, ranger deserves to have an actual good ranged weapon in pve. So thats my opinion on it.

That has more to do with bad balance in PvE. LB and SB are fairly well made weapons, LB especially considering it's prevalence in other modes. As to where to stand, on the stack obviously, though if you have to kite, you at least still get to attack from range unlike the warrior.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:48 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Everytime someone makes a ranger and range comment as if that has anything to do with rangers, Smokey The Bear has to put out another forest fire.

And smokey has maces ? Or does Smokey in the Power rangers and drives around with a robot ? Oh i guess our rangers can only be seen in wild parks. If your IQ is bellow 50 don't coment.

• Confused 1

On 11/13/2023 at 9:28 PM, TexZero.7910 said:

Maybe it's just me but a lot of these weapons will fall flat as they lack any real trait support.

There's also the fact that a lot of the core trait lines haven't been modernized meaning if you play warrior for example and want to play a functional support you're pretty hosed for choices and have to sacrifice way more than other existing supports just to remotely compete in the same space

But have built in mechanics. Lol

The new weapons will be power creep garunteed. Just depends on what role they will end up with through the weapon to how much your gonna enjoy that.

As classes who are getting a new dps weapon will prolly be better then others who aren't getting support weapons in a dps role. 

Edited by Puck.3697

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

As far as it goes, none of the 8 out of 9 weaponsets presented really picked my interest. I'm pretty sure it will be OP as hell but I personally can't muster any hype out of that.

I can agree and disagree. 

I think the ideas are really cool, but I can also see the fact these will inevitably be overpowered is kind a eh as we are gonna go through a period of time when every build has these weapons in it.

That and it feels sore for classes that don't peak interest. 

I mean warrior staff and elementalist pistols both really interest me, but mesmer rifle looks like a balancing hell that inevitably long terms gonna be nerfed til people don't use it. Atleast in pvp enviroments.