[Obsidian Armor] Clot of Congealed Screams = "Undiscovered Item"?

That and Calcified Gasps. It would be nice if Anet gives us clarification whether these are needed for Obsidian legendary armors. My priorities right now are legendary armors so I'd rather not risk burn-out farming stuff not related to legendary armors. Rifts (and I guess convergences soon) are pushing me too much as is.

Edited by BlueJin.4127

I’m just replying to this to boost this because I find this super irritating. If the new clots are not the fourth currency we need to farm and only relevant for the 3rd armorset, Anet should let us know. I don’t want to spend hours farming however many clots to only later find out I didn’t need to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Lyhr offer not updating, may be oversight, or may be intentional, but considering the fact that Nayos is final SotO map, and will only be expanded, if congealed screams are not the thing, then it would mean that the map has multiple currencies in it which is not good either.

That's my concern, too.

I am expecting someone shedding some light on this before people start farming the wrong currency (even when it seems unlikely that this is not the third currency).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Can we be sure that this is the fourth item needed to craft parts of the Legendary Obsidian Armor?

Or is those Clots's only purpose to craft the Oneiros-Spun Armor?

I'm still assuming that we'll need 5 Clots per piece. Not sure why it's not "discovered” yet, I'm hoping it's just a bug. Hopefully tomorrow will bring an update to fix this.

• Like 1

Either an oversight or intended. Since the Gift of the Astral Ward can't be bought yet ... people might accidentally convert currency (Calcified Gasps) into the Gift of Persistence. (Leaving them with having to use one more inventory slot - base curreny would just be in the wallet if not converted into the Gift of Persistence. I think an option to set the item revealed but not allow to buy the Gift of Persistence techncially is not possible without a lot of work? Spaghetti code you now. Only weird since they never realyl cared about being inventory-friendly. More likely that it was just an oversight to not have this added here yet.)

For the Clot they could have revealt this though. (Since they are gathered slowly and even the base mat storage at 250 would be fine even with farming them dedicatedly and with converting Gasps into Clots - from wallet to the storage.

• Confused 1

I have been playing this whole time on the rule of "when in doubt 'C' is the answer..." in this case, the "C" referring to the higher level currencies from the metas are the ones to hoard since the lower level currencies drop like hot cakes from everything else you do pretty much.  At the moment, I have fully unlocked both the per-requisite armour sets and am again back to just farming/grinding for essences (*Ugh!) since those are still the most needed "currency" for everything to be made in the end.

8 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

I have been playing this whole time on the rule of "when in doubt 'C' is the answer..." in this case, the "C" referring to the higher level currencies from the metas are the ones to hoard since the lower level currencies drop like hot cakes from everything else you do pretty much.  At the moment, I have fully unlocked both the per-requisite armour sets and am again back to just farming/grinding for essences (*Ugh!) since those are still the most needed "currency" for everything to be made in the end.

I do not have precursor sets done yet, and my quest for amalgamated essences is being hamstrung by my ecto stockpiles 😞 Thanks convergences, for awarding me more essences than I get ecto to process xD

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Which doesn't make sense as to why they intentionally made the milestone one item away at launch.

Indeed. Also, when a currency needed for the next milestone has already been introduced, it makes no sense to keep players in the dark.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I do not have precursor sets done yet, and my quest for amalgamated essences is being hamstrung by my ecto stockpiles 😞 Thanks convergences, for awarding me more essences than I get ecto to process xD

Ectos was easy for me only because I lived through 23s ectos and when they fell to 13s (and I affectionately started referring to them as rektoplasm), I just couldn't bare selling them, so I started stockpiling them, hoping the price would go up.

And now they are like 26s! But now I can't sell them because I need to use them. By the time I'm all done and ready to sell them again, everyone else will be too, and they'll be 13s again.

kitten you Alanis Morissette! 🤬

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Isn't it ironic?

Ahhhh! 😂 Heh heh, okay.

45 minutes ago, Benjialarue.3790 said:

Remember friends, the first tier of the precursor armor will be implemented in the next major update along with the new weapon proficiency. I really think the Clots serves just to buy the Oneiros set. 😅

Unlikely. The 1st tier won't be a precursor but the actual thing. The 2nd tier will only be a visual upgrade:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/139289-studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-autumn-and-winter-2023/page/2/#comment-2017463

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Apart from your post being off-topic

I didn't think it was off topic? They were talking about there ecto woahs, and I related to it, but expressed that I had the reverse problem, with plenty of ectos, because I saved so many when the price was so low, but now that the price is high, and a good time to sell, I can't sell, because I need them all for the new armor.

Didn't mean to derail the thread, hope I didn't. 😕

Edit: Also noticed my 'kitten' made that look a whole lot worse. It was just the 'D' word! 😊

Edited by notebene.3190
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

but seriously, what are we supposed to keep talking about in here

The weather! 😜 Just kidding.

I was hoping that @Rubi Bayer.8493 would drop by and shed some light on the issue...

20 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Well regardless, I am stockpiling them because who doesn't want a box full of congealed screams! What a great thing to collect 😀

🤣 (Thanks for the laugh!)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3