Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in Autumn and Winter 2023

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Funny how i hear every single update that people need to wait just one update more to start complaining. And when then they complain, they get told the very same thing once again. I mean, why someone needs to wait for some unspecified future (which will never come, because there always be "next chapter" they should be waiting for) when they see problems now?

Correct!!

What is an advertising or marketing slogan?

"An advertising or marketing slogan is a concise, catchy phrase used with consistency across brand and marketing materials to position the brand and foster recognition with a broad audience and affinity with a target audience. The audience of a slogan is key here—your slogan isn’t only for your target audience or your customers. It’s also how you want anyone to think of your brand."

Once again, Anet is more concern in investing in marketing Guild Wars 2 instead being concern in investing in establishing a Communication with The Community concerns and addresing their well being. 

In other word; Anet Values Profits, then the players experience

"When People Shows You Who They Are Believe Them"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 11

5 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Any idea what the "New Hero Jump Start" event is?

Maybe something with dreambound weapons again. Or some bonus achievements with tokens similar to the 10th anniversary one, except with rewards more relevant to new players/characters.

Then this list from july is the listo of new weapons for every class?

• Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
  • Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff.
  • Engineer: Short bow.
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KnivEs.2908 said:

Correct.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KnivEs.2908 said:

they havent mentioned any changes to that... so yes

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KnivEs.2908 said:

Well, yes. That and Necromancers - Sword (main and off hand) , of course

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Secrets of the Obscure Official Launch - 22th August 2023
- Launch Story Arc
- Skywatch Archipelago, Amnytas, Outpost: Wizard's Tower
- Cosmic Observatory Strike, Temple of Febe Strike
- Weaponmaster Training
- Masteries: Heart of the Obscure, Flight Training, Astral Ward
- Wizard's Vault Introduced
- Rift Hunter Armor, Astral Ward Armor
- 40 Core Relics, 12 Secrets of the Obscure Relics
- Rifts: Secrets of the Obscure Maps + 12 Existing Maps

UPDATE 1: 7th November 2023
- Story Continues
- Inner Nayos (Final Map) Introduced - Part 1/3
- Cosmic Observatory Challenge Mode
- Masteries: Inner Nayos Masteries
- Wizard's Vault Seasonal Refresh
- Oneiros Spun Armor
- Additional Expansion Relics
- Convergences with Legendary Enemies, Rift Hunting Map Rotation Completed

UPDATE 2: 2024 - no exact date
- Story Continues
- Inner Nayos (Final Map) Extended - Part 2/3
- Temple of Febe Challenge Mode
- New Weapon Proeficiency for Each Profession
- Mastery Updates
- Obsidian Legendary Armor Tier 1
- Legendary Relic
- New Legendary Enemies (Rifts)

UPDATE 3: 2024 - no exact date
- Story Concludes
- Inner Nayos (Final Map) Completed - Part 3/3
- Fractal with Challenge Mode
- Mastery Updates
- Obsidian Legendary Armor Tier 2
- Additional Expansion Relics
- New Legendary Enemies (Rifts)

Random additions November - January:
- Halloween (ends 7th November)
- Extra Life Enhancement and Livestream
- New Hero Jump Start
- Dungeon Rush
- Wintersday
- Lunar Year 2024 - Dragon

- Skills & Balance Updates
- Expanded Weapon Proficiency Beta
- World Restructuring Beta
- Guildhall Arena Update (select between game-modes)

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
I've just wrote it down one by one and made a few optical adjustments. Just a listing on the forums which can be quoted.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Correct.

Going to add on to this as we are getting a weapon per class for a total of eight.
The legendary starter kit currently contains pistol, staff, sword, and scepter. All four are new weapons meaning there is a high chance the remaining four weapons mace, axe, short bow, and rifle will be the four legends available for the next starter kit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nice roadmap. Really looking forward to trying out the new weapons, particularly Warrior staff. Hoping the balance patch is substantial and filled with some interesting non-numerical stuff. Please dedicate some more time to polishing and expanding the core relics as most of them are very boring and poorly balanced, and a lot of fun 6pc rune effects were removed. Just please don't bring back the trapper rune bonus. 

A bit worried about the need for squads for the "Convergences" as a casual PvE player who enjoys base game dungeons and not needing a huge 30+ person squad to do them...
I only just managed to do Tower of Nightmares for the first time (since when I started playing, LWS1 wasn't around...) And after that I was really, REALLY thankful that ANET had learned and never pushed that kind of content to be necessary for the story again. I'm hoping the "Convergences" aren't just another "Raid Lite"- because I know I'm not the only casual player who can't even manage strikes.
If most of our experiences with Nayos are going to just be in these "Convergences"... sigh...

Some positives though!
Really looking forward to the new weapons for professions! I'm so hyped for rifle mes and sword necro.... gundian...
I'm excited to see where the overall story goes, and what Peitha's deal is?? She's cool!
On top of that, allowing Wizard's Vault rewards to be obtained after the season is over is a really good and important thing. Thank you for that! Was a bit worried about what happens if you don't obtain the rewards in time! (Though I am hoping that with the new season, more dailies/weeklies will be introduced??? I'm so sick of Vexa's Lab, please... ;w;)

All and all, please take your time and don't rush with these updates... the announcement after Icebrood that y'all were gonna focus on putting out more content over taking the time to really write some good narratives really shows with how SOTO was.... Awesome designs and concepts, amazing maps, amazing creature designs... but... no use of characters that Commander already has relationships with makes it really hard to get into the story...? (like most of the characters are real cut and dry... and the story felt a bit rushed...) Take your time... the community would rather wait longer for more fleshed-out content.

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Any chance we could slow down the release of content and fix issues in the current game first?

I would rather have no new content, if it meant a good amount of bugs, exploits and other things got fixed across PvE, WvW and general gameplay.

Then half the team gets to do nothing. 

Not everyone is able to fix bugs and such. Enviroment artist and weapons and skin designers, people writing and doing lore. If you feel they need to do more on bug issues and QA, then you have more result asking for them to hire more of those people.

(I dont know all the names of the jobs, so sorry about that in advance lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Then half the team gets to do nothing. 

Not everyone is able to fix bugs and such. Enviroment artist and weapons and skin designers, people writing and doing lore. If you feel they need to do more on bug issues and QA, then you have more result asking for them to hire more of those people.

(I dont know all the names of the jobs, so sorry about that in advance lol)

Then allow these people who can't do bugs and balance to have more time to do their jobs and tasks, which will allow them to produce them to a better quality.

This in turn the balance team and the bug team to focus on fixing pre-existing problem, without try to fix all the new issues that new content always brings in. We are looking at a new weapons being introduced while balance between classes, and in some cases between elite specs within a class, is completely out of wack, alongside new content that is full of bugs that need immediate fixing, while PvE and WvW is full of bugs and exploits that need dealing with.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

• ArenaNet Staff
On 10/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hi Rubi!

I have a few questions in regards to the studio update if you are able to answer them.

Is the Oneiros-Spun armor set the next set in the Arcanum of Astral Armor collection?

This armor set was mentioned along with the Strike CM announcement for CO. Does this mean that the Strike CMs will be required for it? If so, please reconsider that approach as the Obsidian Armor set was billed as being an open world set requiring open world gameplay. It would run counter to that if Strike CMs were required.

In Update 2, it lists Obsidian Armor Tier 1, with Tier 2 listed in Update 3. Is Tier 1 the last armor set for the Arcanum of Astral Armor collection or is it really two different tiers of legendary armor? If it is two different tiers, then will Tier 1 be a component to the Tier 2? Will it be a simple upgrade, or will there be a separate grind associated with it?

In order:

• Yes, Oneiros Spun armor is the third set you can purchase from Lyhr or the Astral Ward Mage (Outfitter). 
  • No, Strike CMs will not be required. 
  • The Tier 1 armor listed for Update 2 is the legendary armor. The Tier 2 armor coming in Update 3 is a variant unlock. It's similar to how the gen 3 legendary weapon variants work (although it's not a strictly 1:1 comparison)
On 10/24/2023 at 10:38 AM, Mor The Thief.9135 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 A long shot of a question since it may be considered a spoiler but I'm gonna ask anyways: will the new Convergences be able to reward some of the essences (Despair, Greed and Triumph) that we've been farming from rifts so far?

Yes, Convergences will award those essences you mentioned. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

8 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

In order:

• Yes, Oneiros Spun armor is the third set you can purchase from Lyhr or the Astral Ward Mage (Outfitter). 
  • The Tier 1 armor listed for Update 2 is the legendary armor. The Tier 2 armor coming in Update 3 is a variant unlock. It's similar to how the gen 3 legendary weapon variants work (although it's not a strictly 1:1 comparison)

Thank you so much for the reply! I can't wait to see the Tier 2 armor!

8 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

!!! That is nice to know. I think some people are concerned that the Convergences will replace regular rift hunting, but from the post it appears that regular rift hunting will be required to gain the item required to do Convergences.

15 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

In order:

WONDERFUL!!! I've got 1 more question in regards to your answer then: will both the public versions and squad versions of Convergences reward those essences?

On 10/25/2023 at 3:11 AM, ericpeggy.8206 said:

I don't want more new relics if they just replace meta relics or useless.

Please fix all useless relics,runes and sigils, which are useless for PvE,PvP and WvW.

./Agree

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-autumn-and-winter-2023/ (WvW)

World vs. World

"We’ll have another blog out with more detailed information on World vs. World in a few weeks, but here are some highlights for this quarter.

In late January 2024, we’ll be expanding the ways you can use your guild hall to create unique gameplay experiences with a guild hall arena update, including a selector to control which game mode rules your guild arena uses. This new feature will give you the ability to set your personal game mode in the guild hall, enabling the skills and balancing for the Player vs. Player or World vs. World game modes. In addition, we’ll be introducing options to select teams outside of the confines of the guild arena, giving you access to the entire map so you can battle your friends.

We’ll also be running another World Restructuring beta in early 2024. As we discussed in our last studio update, the WvW team has shifted their priority to releasing a live version of the guild-based World Restructuring system. Doing this allows us to get consistent live data and feedback from the community to inform our continued development and improvement. Since our last beta, we’ve addressed a number of issues with guild selection, queue failures, reset issues, and more. In the next beta, we’ll be testing the new team builder, UI updates, and bug fixes. Assuming everything goes well with that test, we will be able to move forward with turning the system on full time. While we don’t have dates for the beta or initial release at this time, we will let you know as soon as possible to allow you time to organize your guilds."

• Reply)  I thought the Arena in guild halls was more PVP than WvW.  It is not like you can take a squad of 50 in there to fight another 50 person blob. Which BTW is Anet's current WvW situation. 
  • Oh, that's right the 1% roamer population can probably use this.
  • How about, put resources towards the real WVW, maps, reset night wait-in-line mode. i.e. people with special kills that seem to be able to teleport and join friends, for example. 
  • Reply) Aye, keep working on World Restructuring please. #1 priority. 
  •  
  • Reply) as to the rest of the game or new expansion.  I only play to go back to old expansions. Rift hunting, no thanks. 
Edited by Kal Durak.2830
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2