Sword Necro is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

2 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I saw the video

I'm sure you've been around for a few years already, you should know that what the devs show in promotion videos is mostly marketing candies. I'm sure they could make a promotion video of a necromancer using dagger and focus and make people think it's gonna be OP as hell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Put it on reaper and you got a class with everything. Super tank, super condi pressure, super damage, and now super mobility. Pls nerf. It will basically be like untamed but without stealth.

isn't released yet, no numbers noting, we know noting. stop ur drama

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm sure you've been around for a few years already, you should know that what the devs show in promotion videos is mostly marketing candies. I'm sure they could make a promotion video of a necromancer using dagger and focus and make people think it's gonna be OP as hell.

As anything ever been released on necro or guardian that doesn't end up being broken/OP?

In the video they claim that sword/sword will come with supposed "off sets" to balance the incoming powercreep....but we all know those weaknesses will be removed after couple of threads worth of tears after the beta....2 months after release at the worst. 

They removed the blight weaknesses after couple of tearful threads....same will happen with sword/sword....but lol...who even care about balance at this point? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

The forums are barren, we needed content.

You really think that asking to do anything against necros or guardians will accomplish anything other than having your comments being drowned in sad/confuse emojis?......60-70% of this game population mains those two classes...

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

As anything ever been released on necro or guardian that doesn't end up being broken/OP?

Has there ever been anything introduced in this game that haven't yet gotten it's limelight as short as it might have been? Your question can be applied to every single profession, your prejudices lead you to point out at necromancer and guardian.

1 hour ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Um....super mobility u say? So reaper had mediocre mobility before but now has super mobility with the added single leap skill. Hopefully non of the flip over skills provide 2 secs of stability or we will end up with a super mobile tank that can't be cc'd.

Well. You have shroud 2, now a leap with sword 3, and another follow up leap reactivating sword 3, spectral walk, and a teleport with flesh wurm.

That's pretty kitten mobile imo.

"When Anet says one little old mobility skill will be given to necros...well then everybody loses their minds"

Chill out, you don't know coefficients, you don't know life sacrifices for flip skills, you don't know leap range, you know nothing

And to call reaper a super tank, it's kinda laughable considering there are specs like willbender, untamed and vindicator that can delete shroud in a couple of seconds

Edited by NecroSummonsMors.7816
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Has there ever been anything introduced in this game that haven't yet gotten it's limelight as short as it might have been? Your question can be applied to every single profession, your prejudices lead you to point out at necromancer and guardian.

I'm sure you were here for EoD when everyone was screaming about Willbender and Harbinger being OP--and they've dominated smallscale WvW for almost 2 years now. 

Outside of that, Necro and Guardian have always been staple picks for sPvP whether it's Core Guard, Reaper, Harb, etc.  The only real spec we saw fall off entirely was Firebrand.

The entire point of Reaper was it is slow, like a horror movie villain (actual stream quote, look it up).  Like, the entire theme.  Why does it, or any Necro spec need a leap?! Especially one with health drain, a chill, corrupt, etc.

We know they never balanced blight properly to be an actual risk...there is no evidence this will be any different.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Put it on reaper and you got a class with everything. Super tank, super condi pressure, super damage, and now super mobility. Pls nerf. It will basically be like untamed but without stealth.

As a chrono I can farm a reaper regardless of weapon, they're only good if they can touch you.

• Confused 1