gift of battle

Dangerous War.9621

23 minutes ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

There is so much cheating going on and I don't think you should be forced to do World versus World to get something for legendary they should be a trade-off but anyway it's b*******

If there are cheats, do you think people in pve aren't using them and do you those cheats aren't changing pve groups, instances, and the flow of map events?

15 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Man, for every time I'm at a node or a chest in PvE and spot someone just appearing at that spot right underneath the map so they don't aggro the NPCs....

Isn't this a Tuesday conversation versus a Saturday one? Should we be happy it's not a New Years day one? I need coffee. This water is not doing it's job I fear.

16 hours ago, RDBuck.6098 said:

To get Gift of Battle you have to play wvw is absolutely kitten I hate it I mean I really hate wvw it just bull kitten that you to wvw for GOB

You might have better luck posting suggestions in the General Discussion section on how we can trade GoE style gifts for GoB and back and fourth and some sort of trade at a vendor. That or some way to trade them via the TP.

Were you trying to farm GoB during reset? Might be a better choice to do so during the weekday versus a weekend reset. Also were you trying this while doing it solo or running in a group? If you are not used to WvW then I would recommend grabbing a group to run with since it's both easier and faster versus trying to it solo unless you can find a friendly WvW roamer.

15 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Here's an idea.  ANet could provide an option to buy a GoB.  The cost would be 2 GoE!  Reverse it also.  2 GoB for 1 GoE.

Be careful what you wish for. I know this idea has been floating around for a while, obliviously with the intent that WvW players would be able to better acquire GoE.

What this also does, at current acquisition rate/time for GoE/GoB, is heavily incentivize for players to hang around in WvW maps. Players (or bots) not necessarily interested in the game mode mind you.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 2

While I'm sure cheating happens in PvE, it doesn't have quite the same effects, since that is a cooperative mode - it just means that whatever target you are fighting might die faster, but presuming it doesn't die so quickly that you don't get credit, you probably don't really care.

In WvW (or PvP, but that is a different subforum), since it is competitive, cheating has a much more direct impact on other players, eg, they are killed quickly, or flip a structure without usual mechanics.  The fact that there is a near constant thread in this forum about WvW cheaters, and I pretty much never see any complaints about that in PvE forums says to me cheating/exploiting is a much greater annoyance to folks in competitive game modes.

The occasional PvE complaint is bots/farmers - even that is fairly infrequently, and usual response is report and move on, and why does it bother you - it doesn't affect a person from completing whatever content in PvE.

Bots cause inflation, devaluing everything in the game, so all players are affected by that. They also scale up nearby things though I suppose in pve your average player is so useless bots may be an improvement. But still.

Heck, one of the reasons why they retooled login rewards was because people were making like 100+ accounts and automating it. 

No doubt hackers need to be more aggressively banned from WvW, but I think this is another excuse for not wanting to do it. Hackers are mostly irrelevant to farming GoBs, since farmers don't care about winning or keeping structures, and most hacking involves exploiting into structures. I am pretty sure most  wouldn't even realize which structures were lost.

There is of course the case of being killed by hackers, but I have to admit this seems rather uncommon. And not to mention a lot of players are so ignorant about the game that their opponent may not even be hacking. Most of the illegal programs in WvW also seem to be bots (or at least I assume they're bots. On my server it's very hard to tell.)

I mean, no game is going to be functional where hacking is rampant, so it's not really a valid premise.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I did a lot of WvW with a previous guild and got so burnt out i just can't bring myself to grind out the reward track for the Gift of Battle, i have over 18K Badges of Honor i would so like it if i could just go and buy the gift.

• Confused 6

8 hours ago, LaidGenie.3259 said:

I did a lot of WvW with a previous guild and got so burnt out i just can't bring myself to grind out the reward track for the Gift of Battle, i have over 18K Badges of Honor i would so like it if i could just go and buy the gift.

You did a lot of WvW before and don't have some spare GoBs laying around in your bank? Currently I have 123 of them. And before anyone asks: the GoB reward track also gives more Memories of Battle, that's why people tend to keep repeating this reward track.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You did a lot of WvW before and don't have some spare GoBs laying around in your bank? Currently I have 123 of them. And before anyone asks: the GoB reward track also gives more Memories of Battle, that's why people tend to keep repeating this reward track.

Also did a lot of WvW yet still claim “grind” when it’s a fixed amount of hours.

Oh yea, that reminds me. I accidentally ran this worthless track and have this useless Gift of Battle item now. Should I contact support and ask them to undo my reward track?  I mean I could just vendor it and then use the silver to buy a real legendary.

Too bad you have to type to delete it. I think in the interest of helping players in the thread, I will make a video on the fastest way to delete any pesky  accidental Gift of Battles you may obtain.

• Haha 1

Just now, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Oh yea, that reminds me. I accidentally ran this worthless track and have this useless Gift of Battle item now. Should I contact support and ask them to undo my reward track?  I mean I could just vendor it and then use the silver to buy a real legendary.

Too bad you have to type to delete it. I think in the interest of helping players in the thread, I will make a video on the fastest way to delete any pesky  accidental Gift of Battles you may obtain.

And don’t even get me started on those worthless mystic clovers! If I wanted to make a legendary I’d craft them, why do I have to get them for free!?

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

And don’t even get me started on those worthless mystic clovers! If I wanted to make a legendary I’d craft them, why do I have to get them for free!?

Hey you can still vendor them. The real evil is the Obsidian Shards. Only people without karma can't get them, and that only happens if you don't play the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, LaidGenie.3259 said:

Convert your BoH to BoT, sell the BoT on trading post and then make coin to buy your leggo. Don't worry about gathering all your other mats, sell them to fast track your way to the leggo weapon. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Tribute

Second, why the necro? 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

7 hours ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

the top 2 GoB collectors on gw2efficiency be keeping an eye on this thread for sure

True, am like at 97% map compleition and struggling to finish it off lol.

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Second, why the necro? 

This is a Gift of Battle complaint thread; there is no sense involved.

• Haha 2