Sink for items that are worthless on TP

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Kormirs eyes. 👀

I still remember when ANet, right after PoF launched, didn't allow Eyes of Kormir to be sold on the TP to "Avoid another flax situation."
And they never got to the point of being used in anything important, such as how flax was used to make flax oil and used in upgrades and new attribute combinations.

Pls give material sinks for these items, ANet. :c

• Like 1

Everyone's trash is another's treasure... So, given the subjectivity of every item and in absence of providing actual value in trade:

Provide an option to right-click on an item and select "Delete this and all identical items received in the future automatically".  

Then provide access to the list somewhere, where you can optionally remove the auto-deletion to reverse the decision, from that point in time...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

I still remember when ANet, right after PoF launched, didn't allow Eyes of Kormir to be sold on the TP to "Avoid another flax situation."
And they never got to the point of being used in anything important, such as how flax was used to make flax oil and used in upgrades and new attribute combinations.

You missremember. Eyes of Kormir were not unable to be sold on TP, it was not possible to store them in material storage.

And they actually are used to craft gear with marshal's stats (along with runes, relics and some decoration).
Problem is that Marshal's stats are barely used.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Can we get some kind of sync for worthless items (holiday tonics) that can be sold on the TP but have no merchant value there? Either salvage or maybe a community grab bag that we can donate them for players to take a limited amount per day?

on the off-chance you havent already earned the Festive Imbiber Achievement, the winterday tonics will count towards it, and since it 'tis the season, why not just gift them to new players in map chat

• Confused 1

On 12/22/2023 at 4:27 PM, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Everyone's trash is another's treasure... So, given the subjectivity of every item and in absence of providing actual value in trade:

Provide an option to right-click on an item and select "Delete this and all identical items received in the future automatically".  

Then provide access to the list somewhere, where you can optionally remove the auto-deletion to reverse the decision, from that point in time...

thats actually an good idea

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/22/2023 at 2:27 PM, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

😆 In a game with a literal "junk item" category that merits its own button at the vendors, that is almost certainly never going to happen.

edit: I wouldn't mind the ability to permanently mark certain things as junk, but that would need a way to unmark stuff, and that would be just another clumsy UI to plod through.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
add
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

😆 In a game with a literal "junk item" category that merits its own button at the vendors, that is almost certainly never going to happen.

I would agree for cases where you can use the vendor; a few copper is better than none.  There is also the Jade Bot Junk Converter for those who prefer that convenience.

The point was to have some means of quickly disposing items that are not sellable through vendor and/or worthless through the TP, and have them not appear again in inventory so you're not repeatedly managing items that are worthless to the user.  

The list would be subjective as everyone has their own preference... But anything that I don't use and can't sell or salvage, resulting in item deletion, would be on my list... Festival tonics, Halloween Finishers, etc. 

On 12/23/2023 at 12:32 AM, Parasite.5389 said:

on the off-chance you havent already earned the Festive Imbiber Achievement, the winterday tonics will count towards it, and since it 'tis the season, why not just gift them to new players in map chat

OMG I had no clue. I've been throwing them away too.

You can't consume a stack of them like the other drinks, can you? If not they probably remain useless to me. Can't image to have the patience to do one at a time. Unless I do a macro and go afk - shopping xD

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

OMG I had no clue. I've been throwing them away too.

You can't consume a stack of them like the other drinks, can you? If not they probably remain useless to me. Can't image to have the patience to do one at a time. Unless I do a macro and go afk - shopping xD

you cant since they transform you you have to click 1 by 1

33 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

you cant since they transform you you have to click 1 by 1

Yeah and for some reason there's a 5 second cd after you drink more than one.

1 tonic = no cd, can immediately drink another. But then after that, for no reason it starts applying a 5 sec cd. Awful.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:12 PM, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

Can we get some kind of sync for worthless items (holiday tonics) that can be sold on the TP but have no merchant value there? Either salvage or maybe a community grab bag that we can donate them for players to take a limited amount per day?

Last time this happened, Mystic Coins are now 2g each, and Ectos 30s each, and Xmas food 15s a piece.  Just let something be uselessly cheap!!!!  It beats suddenly needing 10,000 of them for a unique vendor item when they cost 10s each.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this was suggested a long time ago but perhaps arenanet should run internal bots on the trading post that buy up materials that exist in excess. for example, there's some items in the game with something like a million pieces on sale in the trading post, and just running a bot that buys up extreme excess and deletes it would do wonders for the econemy because while it would increase the amount of liquid gold in the game, it would also increase the player-traded gold and materials.

vendor pricing isn't a true solution; you're never going to bring up the value of stuff like cooking materials by players vendoring them. you need a kind of exponential curve where the higher the supply of something the more aggressively its cleaned up and compensated for.

i think last year alone there was something like a dozen materials that went from somewhat valuable to completely worthless.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

this was suggested a long time ago but perhaps arenanet should run internal bots on the trading post that buy up materials that exist in excess.

That  just pumps more gold into the game economy, I don't know what you think you're solving here, but I don't think you're solving anything.

"see this garbage item that everyone knows is garbage? Well, I have a lot of it so it means I deserve to get more gold for it" -no, you we don't.

there's some items in the game with something like a million pieces on sale in the trading post

Ok and here's the question about the very basis of what you're trying to "solve": so what?
If they wanted it to have more value, they'd make it much more scarce and make them required for more things. The mere existence of low value items isn't a reason to increase their value.

• Like 2

this was suggested a long time ago but perhaps arenanet should run internal bots on the trading post that buy up materials that exist in excess. for example, there's some items in the game with something like a million pieces on sale in the trading post, and just running a bot that buys up extreme excess and deletes it would do wonders for the econemy because while it would increase the amount of liquid gold in the game, it would also increase the player-traded gold and materials.

vendor pricing isn't a true solution; you're never going to bring up the value of stuff like cooking materials by players vendoring them. you need a kind of exponential curve where the higher the supply of something the more aggressively its cleaned up and compensated for.

i think last year alone there was something like a dozen materials that went from somewhat valuable to completely worthless.

Just look at candy canes you actualy lose money listing them on the tp due to listing and exchange fee.

stack price is 79s 75c at lowest  listing you can make and just vendor trash a stack 80s.

So yea vendoring do solve the problem if you can actualy do it for each item.

The snowman tonics are just pure drag drop delete items.

• Like 2