Game Crashing in WvW [Merged]

Yup. NSP having the same issues. 

I even had a camera bug after the latest game crash where the camera would automatically rotate 180 degrees when mounted and not let me pan the camera when in motion. Mount also seemed determined to go the OPPOSITE way of wherever I was looking at. But camera would go back to normal when dismounted. 🤔

A BUNCH of people started crashing today. This was an issue before, but it's happening way more often. It isn't on just one server, but it is also happening on other servers. When we were fighting a zerg, a third of that squad crashed, and a bunch of our people crashed too. We don't know the exact cause of it, but it has believed to be either:

2. Related to the commander tag

3. Related to repping guild tags

4. Related to the set up of alliance beta

5. Sieges (specifically guild siege) 

6. Some kind of interaction with siege (such as siege hitting other siege or it being built)

I'm still trying to experiment on how to replicate the crash, so there are other possible causes too.

Edited by Daoyun.3157
additional possible causes
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can confirm the same crash issue is happening. I have removed ArcDPS extension and the issue persists.

It could be the game itself, but it's also pretty weird how it always happens during the critical moments when the zerg fights just starts and/or the lord is about to die and the ring is about to go up. The timing is too convenient every time so I have a hard time believing that it is not being intentionally exploited by people in the know.

WvW has never had this crashing issue even just 1 month ago.

Just tossing this in: This does affect not only NA, but also EU server. Crashes seem to preferably occur during larger battles, crashes affect a lot of people at the same time (often more than 10-20 people crashing, a few times the majority of the zerg crashed - but not everyone), they do affect us (Gandara), but also enemy server (one time a Dragon Banner defending against us suddenly vanished together with our own crashing people, which was surely not intentional).
I am pretty sure, crashes are not targeted at one group.

Reducing the number character model limit seems to help, setting character models to minimum quality and standard models also seems to help,  but these statements so far are anecdotal, not really proof of anything really helping.

Edited by nthmetal.9652
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

Just tossing this in: This does affect not only NA, but also EU server. Crashes seem to preferably occur during larger battles, crashes affect a lot of people at the same time (often more than 10-20 people crashing, a few times the majority of the zerg crashed - but not everyone), they do affect us (Gandara), but also enemy server (one time a Dragon Banner defending against us suddenly vanished together with our own crashing people, which was surely not intentional).
I am pretty sure, crashes are not targeted at one group.

Reducing the number character model limit seems to help, setting character models to minimum quality and standard models also seems to help,  but these statements so far are anecdotal, not really proof of anything really helping.

WSR tag crashed 7 times in span of like... first 30mins or smtg of reset, mewee from gh was in contact with them, they had same issues.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If it's zerglings that crash in bigger battles and it helps to reduce settings, isnt it? 

No, read the thread linked a bit above, with my url link. 

Its not really felt that number related at all, heaviest introductionary clashes with all 3 blobs had just insane skill lag as usual during reset, u click shatter and it casts 5s later. 

I think in that thread a guy was trying to troubleshoot this like u now try, and i basically covered everything there is to cover in chain of responses. 

we tried client repairs, running in potatoe mode, lads even tried to switch to default gliders, because "anet shenanigan's again", we had 50 person voice squad there, tried some stuff, yet its not your usual glitching and crashes there, 

People in this thread talking what was already talked, we should just create one thread and stick to it for sake of continuity and productive flow of banter. 

1 hour ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

Majority of casuals run everything at minimum and char limit at lower bound during resets by default, it does help to some degree to usual visual artefacts and issues, we now tried to go complete potatoe mode just in case but its not it. 

Also with usual stuff u dont really need to cut the limiters down, only thing u need is set frame limit to 30, this game cant cope with more than that during big reset blob fights, all particles and stuff just melts the spaghettis engine 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Confused 1

It’s not a settings thing. So people say it’s the new glider that’s causing people to crash.

My squad and I  crashed 5x in 10 mins after hours and hours of no issues. Rebooted, turned everything down. Nothing changed the fact I keep crashing.

this was on maguuma.

I AM 99% sure the new fan glider will dc the enemy. 

Edited by moutzaheadin.4029

In EBG I'm playing on the red team (stormbluff Isle). Our keep is taken. Every single time we approach our keep, every single person in our group crashes. I'm talking like 30+ people have crashed 3 times now. Magically, the green side that has our keep does not crash.

Edit: I guess it's fixed now?

Edited by GhostDonkeys.4032

I am seeing the same error as Thron Stal.9367 on every crash. Most of the WvW raid is crashing to the desktop at the same moment.

2023-12-30 08:24:47.854: error: intercepted unhandled hardware exception at "D:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe +0x0000000001017D9B" thread 16124
     ---------- exception ----------
    code: 0x00000000C0000005
    addr: 0x00007FF6D6D07D9B
    offs: 0x0000000001017D9B
    prms:   0000000000000002
    flgs: 0x0000000000000000

---------- system ----------
    windows: 10.0.19045
    cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor           
    ram: 16473MB / 32693MB used
    gpu: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

I would also like to point out that 2 of my guild mates do not use arcDPS and are crashing at the exact time as everyone else. Does not seem to be an arcDPS issue.

• Confused 1

Happened to us 30x people squad public, 5x times in a row, only when we attacked FoW objectives (EB-SM and their HBL garrison), never on Elona. People with or without arc-dps crash equally. Those in render range of the tag crash 100% of the time, so it seems to be related to render distance. I believe it's an exploitable bug.