How many times did you fall to your death AFTER you became aware gliding had been disabled?

How many times did you fall to your death AFTER you became aware gliding had been disabled?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How many times did you fall to your death AFTER you became aware gliding had been disabled?

• 1-2
    • 3-5
    • 6+

I was notified in Discord before I even logged into GW2. I was reminded in guild chat when I first entered WvW. I still tried to glide as I left Alpine garrison headed for Hills. I died. I got lucky a few other times and landed with a few hundred health...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Had to go back and remember the various angles that would let you slide down in reasonable damage ways. Keep having that bite from Fight Club so thru my mind. "Slide"

Maybe War can get back a Death From Above attack lol. Weeeee!

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

1 hour ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

I think that if they give gliding back, this fear of falling to death will not go away for a long time 😄

Time nerf gravity

Or...give everywhere air shrine fall damage resist slam ability.

PS: bring back Warrior Death From Above.

One does not simply fall when their glider fails to activate. They swan dive with grace face first. Later A letter is then sent to the next of kin signed by the bLT company. " We are recalling all gliders due to us throwing away the tested gliders and in slew of documentation with our newest latest product. As such we don't  give refunds but shall graciously take the defective product off your hands. Ps don't use glider from your package order it appears to affect all other gliders and corrupts them like dragon minions." As always we value your money and time as always - signed The Company 

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 3:34 AM, aegris.3175 said:

nowyouknow how we play in 2012

I've been playing GW2 (and primarily WvW) since 2012. But once a feature such as gliding has been around for a year or more, using it becomes part of muscle memory, hence the reason for making the thread.

• Like 2

5 times

Mostly when I join wvw first time each day I use to forget and just want to go quickly by gliding :s

Such a hassle to reach ruins without gliding straight from the keep.

I refuse to play the red map entirely.

• Confused 1

On 1/3/2024 at 7:34 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Maybe War can get back a Death From Above attack lol. Weeeee!

That's for the next expack: if you buy it you'll be able to use old cool skills and traits that got canned cos they were not imbalanced enough

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

That's for the next expack: if you buy it you'll be able to use old cool skills and traits that got canned cos they were not imbalanced enough

All I know is I am a monkey and am glad I am not against Luranni, as I jumped to my death about 12 times during reset to try and get to an objective to defend it. Course at least it would have provided a laugh as it did to my guild when I quickly stated, "WEEEEEEE!!.......SPLAT! MIND...THE....GAP!" lol.

Anet ETA on this fix versus disabling that glider skin?

I agree with Grimm. Tried playing for a short time. My play hours since gliding disable has decreased by 90%. More annoyed with anets (lack of) communication and slack when it comes to the WvW community and fixing issues. It would be nice to hear when they will be able to address the gliding. For Example: "We are still out for the holidays until January 8th. This will be the earliest we will be able to address the gliding bug."  

• Like 2