Wintersday is over

BluDog.2951

24 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

nope.

Would have presumed so, since yesterday they abruptly (and arbitrarily) disabled gliding in WvW. The new fan glider was causing crashes for anyone with effect LOD ticked, so...they just disabled gliding altogether. Good luck playing desert BL without it...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Would have presumed so, since yesterday they abruptly (and arbitrarily) disabled gliding in WvW. The new fan glider was causing crashes for anyone with effect LOD ticked, so...they just disabled gliding altogether. Good luck playing desert BL without it...

Arbitrarily?  C'mon.  That's over the top.  It was causing crashes. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Arbitrarily?  C'mon.  That's over the top.  It was causing crashes. 

So disable the newly added glider then. Like how they disabled the DR jade bot thing cos it was causing crashes.

DBL without gliding is unplayable. It was literally designed with gliding in mind.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, BluDog.2951 said:

Can anyone tell me if the contents of Black Lion chests will change, or when?  I'm really not into candy cane weapon skins and the like. Thank you so much!

no, the black lion chests will neever change ever agaain, didn't you read the blog post

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, BluDog.2951 said:

Thank you so much for the replies - I will hold on to keys and boxes and hope for fun surprises!

I'm doing the same thing, waiting to see what's in the next update.  Hopefully something interesting 😊

Whats with seasonal items crashing WvW all the time? Lol. Happened on two diff occasions with Winters Presence and Shackles of Madness to me in the past which was such an annoyance to figure out the cause at the time.

Edited by Doggie.3184

12 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

So disable the newly added glider then. Like how they disabled the DR jade bot thing cos it was causing crashes.

DBL without gliding is unplayable. It was literally designed with gliding in mind.

Personally I'd rather them temporarily (that being the operative word here) disable this feature to fix a very bad bug due to it, than just never do anything about it and so cause it to be (mostly) unplayable, period. With many games, especially one this old, Dev's would just let it stay as is as they have other priorities in mind, so imo I for one am thankful that the Dev's care enough about the game (and us) to fix things that are broken... even if it cause a minor, and temporary inconvenience. So good job Dev's; keep up the good work. 🙂

Edited by BjorJlen.9674
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:01 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Reminds me of when each class had a trait that would reduce fall damage and then generate an aoe upon impact.  A time before gliders.

Though technically, a time before mounts, cos they only binned them at PoF's release.

Bring back Death From Above!

• Haha 1