Y'all havin fun?

Action has been about the same as normal. Queues about the same. Not seeing extra activity so far. Fights more chaotic as players don't know each other. More abusive chat than normal. Funny to see doesn't matter the grouping or the server or the link the numbers of players that just stand around in EBG could make its own thread.

To joke with server mates, have no worry seen some of the scouting reports that come in...make some of ours look like allstars. The amazing detail I have seen has made me step away and do some life questioning bows to the level of detail that was provided, not.

But its day 2, so more info as we go.

• Like 2

Not at all. I cannot find any motivation to fight for this randomly reconstructed EoTM-like team, especially for a tier level. If the enemy attacks our keep, so what? That enemy will be part of our team someday. There's no reason to defend the keep. No reason to fight with random anonymous against random anonymous. This is not a World vs World vs World at all.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Neo.4056 said:

Not at all. I cannot find any motivation to fight for this randomly reconstructed EoTM-like team, especially for a tier level. If the enemy attacks our keep, so what? That enemy will be part of our team someday. There's no reason to defend the keep. No reason to fight with random anonymous against random anonymous. This is not a World vs World vs World at all.

So what you say is: It's like with re-linking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, urd.8306 said:

So what you say is: It's like with re-linking.

Re-linking was a "temporary" solution for population, and there are still two significant anchors called servers so that your guild can maintain and recall its history with other guilds. This allows for understanding their styles for the long term, comparing and exchanging information, playing together or securing tier points together working in each ebg/borderlands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Picked a "team" where 90% of the squads with voice commanders are not in English. Coupled with hopping back and forth between Discords. Fun stuff, indeed...

At least with servers, you knew what the primary language was and had a nice consistent server-wide Discord.

Edited by Benjamin.7893
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Not until last night, but then I found an alliance consisting of half the server from one of my accounts and it felt like home again. So today there was no difference at all. I'm having fun again.
Thank god.

But that has nothing to do with the event. That is a failure. Some guilds wildly thrown together on some servers. Community gone. Identity gone. People are on other servers. The queue bug is much more common.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So far i think it mostly breaks any existing organisation and structure that existed outside of guild raids. And makes it much harder if not pointlessly frustrating to rebuild them. Its created a much cloudier, scattered set up that im not sure is bad necessarily. Fights feel quite different - i guess part of me is kind of enjoying the novelty aspect.

But then a guild raid sweeps through the map flips every keep in 20 mins and doesn't drop below 90% health. The current meta being very, very tanky isn't helping there.

If the idea is to change the meta to something more spread out and impromptu it kind of works. It just seems pretty destructive towards server communities that have developed and it seems a shame to throw it away. I kind of think half the reason i still play 10+ years on are the random people on the server discord.

I guess i'd like an option to be placed based on server. Give an incentive for guilds to flag themselves to be placed seperately to create balanced or fun matchups. This release just seems to be heavily pushing people towards guild raids that crush everything they encounter or low number 1v1's / 2v2's which are of really low quality due to pve itemisation amongst dozens of other reasons.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

TBH it's been mostly mind-numbingly boring.

In the past my guild has always gone it solo (we run anywhere from 5-25 normally), but we decided to form an alliance with 4 other small-to-medium guilds since the beta was 3 weeks long. Thus far it's been run with the map queue blob or bust. Not really my kind of action. To be fair, the blue server is running pretty much the same so we don't seem to have much of a choice.  And the red server seems to have nothing but roaming groups of thieves so trying to roam solo is a kitten show (Sorry Skrittsburg folks I'd feel bad about you being severely outnumbered if it weren't for all the thieves everywhere).

The other reason it's boring is during NA primetime we seem to have queues of 20+ on most every map (EBG is even worse but it's my least favorite map aside from EOTM so I'm not complaining there) so I'm spending as much time in Arborstone/LA as I am playing in WvW. I would fault us for the excess population except that after reading through a few pages of the thread regarding players being placed on the wrong shard it seems a large number of players were incorrectly placed on our server.

While I understand this is a beta and not everything is going to go perfect, it feels like we have the exact same issues with each beta, so with each beta I lose more and more confidence in Anet (which wasn't exactly high to begin with) that any of this will ever be sorted out.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Action has been about the same as normal. Queues about the same. Not seeing extra activity so far. Fights more chaotic as players don't know each other. More abusive chat than normal. Funny to see doesn't matter the grouping or the server or the link the numbers of players that just stand around in EBG could make its own thread.

To joke with server mates, have no worry seen some of the scouting reports that come in...make some of ours look like allstars. The amazing detail I have seen has made me step away and do some life questioning bows to the level of detail that was provided, not.

But its day 2, so more info as we go.

Same for me too, business as usual, same type of fights, same type of players, just different names around, which isn't jarring since we go through that every 1-2 months with relinks anyways. Tonight barely had one or two maps queued, so really no different than usual.

Just the lag spikes after fighting for an hour or two of playing, starts to rubber band everyone, 3 nights in a row now. 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Same for me too, business as usual, same type of fights, same type of players, just different names around, which isn't jarring since we go through that every 1-2 months with relinks anyways. Tonight barely had one or two maps queued, so really no different than usual.

Just the lag spikes after fighting for an hour or two of playing, starts to rubber band everyone, 3 nights in a row now. 🤷‍♂️

The lag spikes are interesting since agree they aren't consistent in similar sized fights. Something is off there. Also not sure the time of play attributes are working. Over the weekend seen periods where one side has mass coverage versus the others are low. Also seeing issues where one side is just in the wrong tier compared to the others. Now to be fair in a everyone is even spread this shouldn't be a thing but it points to there are attributes that are not performing as expect or the initial placement logic is off. 

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

The lag spikes are interesting since agree they aren't consistent in similar sized fights. Something is off there. Also not sure the time of play attributes are working. Over the weekend seen periods where one side has mass coverage versus the others are low. Also seeing issues where one side is just in the wrong tier compared to the others. Now to be fair in a everyone is even spread this shouldn't be a thing but it points to there are attributes that are not performing as expect or the initial placement logic is off. 

Do you all have lag spikes at the same time though? We have squads where some can barely play while for others it's almost better than usual?

Just now, One more for the road.8950 said:

Do you all have lag spikes at the same time though? We have squads where some can barely play while for others it's almost better than usual?

No, different players have different lag on the same map in different areas and with different groups. Some of this seems like calculations in an area and some like its something else which has been seen in non-betas against certain other groups. 

4 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No, different players have different lag on the same map in different areas and with different groups. Some of this seems like calculations in an area and some like its something else which has been seen in non-betas against certain other groups. 

We haven't found any common denominator in our squads so far, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with real life locations, settings or equipment either when we have gone into details. Doesn't seem to be anything to do with the enemy so far that we have seen. Just that for some what is already bad gets worse when you get more people moving around in the same place. I have tried several accounts on two computers and haven't had any lag at all so far. Knock on wood.

It feels like the servers have limited network bandwidth. Skills aren't as laggy lately. More like lot of teleporting as the client doesn't receive adequate player location information from the server in a timely fashion.

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It feels like the servers have limited network bandwidth. Skills aren't as laggy lately. More like lot of teleporting as the client doesn't receive adequate player location information from the server in a timely fashion.

Actually barely seen any rubbermanding. Less than usual even. People are complaining about skill lag and latency issues though.

Just now, One more for the road.8950 said:

Actually barely seen any rubbermanding. Less than usual even. People are complaining about skill lag and latency issues though.

Might be difference between NA and EU datacenters then. I made a vod of it from Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Might be difference between NA and EU datacenters then. I made a vod of it from Saturday.

Could be, yeah. I just know what I have heard and encountered tho, it might be that in other teams or mu's there's more location information. Seen my share of warclaws running on the spot without any riders on them before they disappear though.