because we totally need another thread on Wizard Vault (joke, but with serious idea)

half the complaints I see on the forum (okay I exaggerate, but a good handful) could be resolved by what I suggested on Day 1:

Add more choices to the Wizard Vault dailies and weeklies.

Have for instance 12 options like we had before. Not necessarily all the same options as before, which specific options can be swapped out and changed and refreshed, but enough to choose so everyone can pick thinks they like or can do.

Do whatever you need to do so AA doesn't, to Anet's reckoning, over-accumulate (grey out other tasks after reaching limit, have a bar like on a renowed heart quest that stops giving credit after filling--credit to another poster for this idea) but add more choices.

I ask as a Reasonable Accommodation for disability (no that's not just for workplaces)

I ask for the sake of Having Fun in a Game

I ask for the sake of Getting Other Game Goals Done 

I ask because Everyone Wants This (okay I didn't ask everyone, literally, but I've seen a lot of people ask, in addition to me)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

While this lasts, my problem besides number of available options (and if they want to cap out how many you can do for AA in a day, that's fine), is being forced into categories for a day/week. "You are this thing, and that is all you are." I like the old system where you can pick whatever you want from any category without forcing to pick and therefore limit what you can do in a day (and now, a week). The way the categories work, they take options 'away' when you pick a combo. I like doing WvW and PvE. Let me pick from 'all 8 in each category' to put 3 things together. If you want to still limit us to 40 AA per day from 4, so be it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

So, what will happen to thing like daily mini dungeon or other dailies slightly longer when you could skip them without losing anything since there are a lot a dailies and a cap?

Simple, most won't do them, choosing the path of least resistance. So you'll loose one of the main purpose of them, incentivize some content.

There are more than enough AA, don't like a daily on a day, don't do it, you won't loose much.

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I don't think we need more options within a day, per se... Just more options within a given category of dailies, i.e. mini-dungeon, jumping puzzle, etc.

As it is, with PvE active, I have four dailies, and only three are needed for completion. I can do that fourth for ten more AA if I so desire, or I can skip it if it's an option I don't like or am tired of.

I do think that choosing what you want to do the day before is a bad design. Someone may want to do PvE today and WvW tomorrow, but how do you know exactly what you want to do tomorrow? Not everyone does. Having the option to make that selection when the dailies reset/when you first log in after reset would be a better approach I think. "Today's a competitive day for me, so I'll pick PvP and WvW when I log in" rather than "maybe I'll be in the mood for PvE tomorrow so I'll leave the option selected and hope I don't change my mind."

Lastly, I don't get why Activities are PvE and not PvP. There are exactly zero NPCs in most of them to fight.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I am a PvE player. I dabbled enough in WvW to get the legendary ring a few days after the AV came out. I am so glad that's done! The new system has basically killed WvW for me. I am happy with a cap to how many dailies or weeklies you can complete, but I resent having to choose between PvE or a PvE/WvW combo that has too many WvW requirements.

This being said, the AV reward system is better than the old one. I like the new big picture, but have issues with some of the details.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 1/14/2024 at 4:19 AM, willow.8209 said:

half the complaints I see on the forum (okay I exaggerate, but a good handful) could be resolved by what I suggested on Day 1:

Add more choices to the Wizard Vault dailies and weeklies....

So, how often are you unable to complete 3 dailies? And what is your choice set to? (PvE, WvW, PvP)

Just curious, cuz unless I really have no time, I rarely miss getting at least 3 PvE dailies done, and I have never done the EoD dungeons. I'm set PvE-only, have been the whole time.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 3:26 PM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

So, what will happen to thing like daily mini dungeon or other dailies slightly longer when you could skip them without losing anything since there are a lot a dailies and a cap?

Complaint is usually (at least from me) is not that we don't have enough pve dailies. But that we have to choose which mode we want to play next day/week. So if they just opened all game modes (thus 12 dailies; 4 pve, 4 wvw, 4 pvp), we that play all modes wouldn't be locked.

So for players that play only PVE nothing would really change. But those that play all modes could freely play what they like.

Hey even just choosing the mode for dailies on the first login of the day would be fine. So I can at least choose today's game mode, today. Weeklies would still be locked but weeklies are usually not a problem. Although it does happen that I'm locked in a game mode for the week that I really don't feel like playing.

• Like 3

I literally completed dailies in 2 minutes yesterday. Is all this really worth it? Just do the dailies and move on to things you enjoy more. Or don't, and skip the AA for the day.

Yes there is room for improvement, yes there could be more variety.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 6:26 AM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Weight them. 1 mini dungeon = 3 dailies. Change it from complete X dailies to earn Y astral, with either a hard cap or a reduction on the amount earned beyond the cap. There would be no need for restricting which dailies you could do.

They should be using the vault to encourage old content. Every day should have a daily meta/event, bounty, mini dungeon, dungeon and whatever else needs people that doesn't get regular attention.

• Like 3

Well it would seem many don't like having to pick a certain category that locks them for a week. In practice, this comes down to running across one of the dailies being undesirable. For WvW, I would say the weekly 10 defenses is often disliked due to how very slow and inconsistent it is compared to other choices, as well as being entirely dependent on enemy actions.

I think it would help to add 1 additional "wildcard" choice in both weeklies and dailies that could be from any game mode and could be rerolled 2 times.  People might even try another game mode, instead of playing it safe with the filters to guarantee only familiar content.

Also understand that people play the game differently, so just because it works for some people, does not mean it works for everyone.

Of course, I guess the issue is the OCD people would feel "forced" to do the extra daily/weekly. I don't really think that should really be a factor, but perhaps they could make it so the very last one including the extra (6/4 daily, 9/6 weekly) gives reduced or no extra astral acclaim. That's too arbitrary though.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Of course, I guess the issue is the OCD people would feel "forced" to do the extra daily/weekly. I don't really think that should really be a factor, but perhaps they could make it so the very last one including the extra (6/4 daily, 9/6 weekly) gives reduced or no extra astral acclaim. That's too arbitrary though.

What if players were provided with 12 daily tasks (four of each category) and only received Astral Acclaim for the first 3 or 4 tasks completed? Players wouldn't be able to earn any more Astral Acclaim than they currently do, if that's a concern. Once the daily cap's reached, the whole daily tab could be grayed out, including any uncompleted tasks. Same principle could also apply to weeklies.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 1:28 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Of course, I guess the issue is the OCD people would feel "forced" to do the extra daily/weekly.

When i thought it over I realized this is a lot like what's bothering me: The completionist part of me feels sad if I can't get the completionist chests.

I get enough AA for the bigger practical items, the T6 trophies, and some other things. I don't buy the fashion with AA. I find a daily I'm not going to be able to reasonably finish I use that time to work on weekly.

It's not like I'm not going to get 1g, 40 AA, etc in another way (though I'm never going to earn all the AA either, but it turns out others also don't). Just that I didn't finish the things to get the "yay you did the things" box. But there are actually other ways to get a "yay you did the things" reward too (different rewards for different things). 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1