Do something about MC supply

2.1g each is too much, and it keeps rising. 

There are many ways to fix it : increase the total we can buy each season, or use MC to redirect players to your desired content… 
I won’t buy a single stack of MC to finish my gen2 legs at the current price.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, mythix.2786 said:

2.1g each is too much, and it keeps rising. 

There are many ways to fix it : increase the total we can buy each season, or use MC to redirect players to your desired content… 
I won’t buy a single stack of MC to finish my gen2 legs at the current price.

It's returning to its old levels. Realistically even if Anet were to decide to add new sources, it would be down the line and you could earn enough gold to buy the stack long before. The lower value was causing hoarding, so the higher price is prob what ANet wanted

Use gold from AA, gain gold from selling extra mats. Do regular ley line event. Plenty of ways to supplement MC supply rather than waiting on a solution which may never happen.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

it will just go down again with new season, the reason is that this season was just few weeks longer, next one could be few weeks shorter and it will fix the issue by itself...a bit.

It won’t. It didn’t drop in price after season 1. 

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It's returning to its old levels. Realistically even if Anet were to decide to add new sources, it would be down the line and you could earn enough gold to buy the stack long before. The lower value was causing hoarding, so the higher price is prob what ANet wanted

Use gold from AA, gain gold from selling extra mats. Do regular ley line event. Plenty of ways to supplement MC supply rather than waiting on a solution which may never happen.

Converting AA to gold to buy MC doesn’t increase the supply. It’s a supply problem, not just a « high price » one.

I would be happy to play the game to earn them, but they actually removed MC as a rewards from a lot of content (fractals CM, EoD strikes…)

11 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

Yeah, re-enable the old login reward system so the scripters with loads of accounts can spam MCs on the market again.

Don’t be naive. People with multiple accounts already capped on everything valuable this season on the vault.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, mythix.2786 said:

It won’t. It didn’t drop in price after season 1. 

But price was pretty stable during season 1 and half of season 2 but now because the season is much longer, ppl simply dont have a way to get more MCs. IF next season is shorter it could go down in price actually. 

You are of course right that getting golds and buying it on tp does not solve anything, yet ppl still say it as it is an solution to anything. It never is.
And yes, alt accounts already got all of their MCs, golds and most of the laurels from playing 1 minute a day. 

15 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

But price was pretty stable during season 1 and half of season 2 but now because the season is much longer, ppl simply dont have a way to get more MCs. IF next season is shorter it could go down in price actually. 

It wasn't stable, it was increasing already, but at a lower pace, probably because no one started with any AA in season 1, so it took more time to empty everyone stock, whereas in season 2 probably everyone got spare AA to use on the new reward as soon it's up, reducing the time to dry the stock.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, mythix.2786 said:

Converting AA to gold to buy MC doesn’t increase the supply. It’s a supply problem, not just a « high price » one.

I believe it has less to do with supply than demand. (Hint: Mystic Coins are not the only commodity to have gone up in price). SOTO introduced Legendary Starter Kits, and will soon introduce Legendary Relics & PvE Armor. Topping things off, the Wizard's Vault provides players with more raw gold.

Players are more incentivized to get Mystic Coins, and have more means at their disposal. In other words, there's more demand.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

They removed them from fractals CMs to redirect people to EoD strikes (and now SotO strikes) via shards.

They should just reintroduce it to Fractals CM and maybe the supply problem will sort out itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sias.4592 said:

They removed them from fractals CMs to redirect people to EoD strikes (and now SotO strikes) via shards.

They should just reintroduce it to Fractals CM and maybe the supply problem will sort out itself.

We already knew then that the MC source from fractals (and later strikes) was pretty much negligible. The vast majority came from daily login system. The fractal CM to strikes change did nothing about MC supply, it was just an attempt for Anet to redirect some fractal players to strikes.

The cause of the change is SotO. Which specifically part of SotO, we can argue about (my bet is on Vault system, some people on these forums seem to disagree), but that the price spike was caused by the latest "expansion lite", is pretty much certain.

• Confused 6

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The lower value was causing hoarding, so the higher price is prob what ANet wanted.

It's the opposite. The hoarding is caused by prices increasing (and in turn accerbates the situation). People tend to sell when stuff they hold on to seems to be losing its value. When it keps getting more valuable, they keep to it (and may be incentivized to buy even more, just n case, "before it'll get even higher").

We've already seen this happening before, during the initial slow price climb from mere silvers up to around 3g. With players constantly mentioning (and anet agreeing with it, at least initially before they went silent on the issue), that "see, it will balance itself aaaaanyyyytiiiiimeeeee nooooow". It took some significant adjustments on Anet part (and one not very smart cheater outing himself) to stop that trend. Only for the situation to go back to where it was before with SotO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

We already knew then that the MC source from fractals (and later strikes) was pretty much negligible. The vast majority came from daily login system. The fractal CM to strikes change did nothing about MC supply, it was just an attempt for Anet to redirect some fractal players to strikes.

The cause of the change is SotO. Which specifically part of SotO, we can argue about (my bet is on Vault system, some people on these forums seem to disagree), but that the price spike was caused by the latest "expansion lite", is pretty much certain.

While I can agree, I'd rather have an engaging way to farm them (like old Fractals CM) than to farm gold and pay for them, even if it was a jackpot. I really don't like the "gold/hr" mindset this game have set because of lack of farmable valuables like MC and, to a smaller degree, mystic clover.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Whether the price is too high is really a matter of opinion.  The Legendary Starter kits are probably crating more demand for MCs.

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's the opposite. The hoarding is caused by prices increasing (and in turn accerbates the situation). People tend to sell when stuff they hold on to seems to be losing its value. When it keps getting more valuable, they keep to it (and may be incentivized to buy even more, just n case, "before it'll get even higher").

This doesn't apply to me at all and I expect it doesn't apply to most people.  I think there's a lot more than just price that determines when people sell.  I'm more likely to hoard when prices are low and I'm more likely to sell if prices are high.  But it also depends on how many I have, how many I think I will need and when I think I might need them, how easy/difficult I think it will be to get more by the time I think I might need them and what I think the price will do over time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sias.4592 said:

While I can agree, I'd rather have an engaging way to farm them (like old Fractals CM) than to farm gold and pay for them, even if it was a jackpot. I really don't like the "gold/hr" mindset this game have set because of lack of farmable valuables like MC and, to a smaller degree, mystic clover.

Not sure if this would help you but you can get several MC per week in WvW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Request to anet: Either increase the mystic coin source/supply or reduce number of coins required for coin to clover exchange. All those people who decided to craft and sell legendary from starter kit spend like ~154 coins per legy crafting to get clovers...

They get from wizard vault:

1) 60 mc per season

2) 20 clover per season

They need 54 extra coins per season to craft legy

If a season last 16 weeks and they play everyday soto strikes daily, they can get 160 mc from vendor NPC in wizard tower

They will have 106 coins on hand .. 

If they decide to craft gen2 legy which needs its own clovers and coins ... They need 404 coins in total.... 404-106 the demand rises to 298 coins at the end

Factors that might affect the scenario:

Players with multiple accounts who decide to make profit with multiple starter kit will be in demand of 54 coins for every alternate account (assuming they got clovers and coins from vault for the season.. if not, demand rises further to 154 coins per account) assuming players with alt accounts won't play daily soto strikes on every account

Also mystic coins are needed for crafting some weapon skins and also HoT specialization weapon collections ... So demand rises further

And other factors that uses mystic coins as currencies in gw2overflow exchange reddit discord thingies ... Idk if the mystic coins end up there even getting circulated 

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So moving from a monthly pipeline for MCs, where everyone got them at different points leading to a steady supply, to a "season" pipeline where all the MCs get front loaded leading to a shortage for 3 months has caused a problem? Who could possibly have predicted that?

Apart from anyone with a functioning brain, of course.

So either ANET wanted to produce this situation, where a critical part of the end game economy is basically messed up. Which begs the question, why the hell would they want to do that? Or they didn't realise what their changes were going to do. Which suggests a lack of critical thinking that is worrying for the future of the game.

If ANET thinks too many MCs are coming into the economy, then address that by all means. But don't skew the MC generation process so they all come in at once. That's absurd.

The obvious solution would be to move to weekly "drops" of the key resources in the WV. Make it so you can purchase, let's say 1 clover and 5 MCs a week. That would be closer to what we used to get with the old system, and would even out the availability, avoiding this kind of inflation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

The obvious solution would be to move to weekly "drops" of the key resources in the WV. Make it so you can purchase, let's say 1 clover and 5 MCs a week. That would be closer to what we used to get with the old system, and would even out the availability, avoiding this kind of inflation.

Please don't, the only thing that is going to achieve is making the WV more annoying nothing else. The demand is simply going up due to (not necessarily in that order):

1. legy relic is on the horizon and we don't know what will be needed exactly so chances are even ppl who wouldn't need MC otherwise won't sell them atm unless they need gold very urgently

2. legy PVE armor will need MC (atleast in the form of converted to clovers) and my guess is many are already collecting stuff for those

3. legy weapons were made available through WV either to make them and sell or (and this may be the bigger group influenzing MC prices) players who couldn't afford those weapons before are making them for themselves now that they are less of a struggle, so instead of selling their MC they now not only keep them for themselves but are also more inclined to buy some extra.

4. clovers got reduced by WV and due to the price of MC being low (under 3gold) combined with the price of t6 being relatively high - gamba is not as bad as it used to be once upon a time ... you still won't turn a profit but the loss isn't that bad considering you'll get clovers out of it (as long as you still need them and with the WV Gen1 Legys you need more that for Gen3 so yeah)

5. whatever I may have forgotten 😉

MC used to be around 3 gold if i remember correctly until they dropped with EOD release (because gen3 needed way less clovers than 1 and 2 and also not additional MC like gen2), kitten (edit thats antique summstones lol) started off way high then dropped to around 9 gold each for a pretty long while until they reached the relatively stable point they are now at. This all may change if they add gen3 kits instead of gen1 to the WV and depending on what exactly that kit contains kitten (edit again thats antique summstones lol) will go down or up but MC would definitely go down compared to now.

Edited by Minna.7895
Antique Summoning Stones Kitten
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1