Legendary Relics - Just another convenience item?

3 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I have about 30 relics in my bank already. How many more do I need?

I don't know, i don't manage your account, but if they release a good relic at some point that may fit multiple build, you will have to farm them for all your characters that may need it.

Also, legendary relic take no slot at all in inventory/bank.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Did you get them for the achievement? 

If yes, then I share your pain. 

If not, only a handful are worth using anyway.  Delete the ones that are useless. 

If it wasn't for the achievements, I would have like 5 total on my account. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If not, only a handful are worth using anyway.  Delete the ones that are useless. 

I got them from the achievements, yes.

Now I'm looking at the materials required for a Legendary Relic and I'm feeling more pain..

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Boxes or actual relics?  edit:nvm this got answered before I responded

Some of the meta relics aren't in the boxes and usually require a lot of mats to buy. They also get soul bound on use. Legendary relics will make it so you can change what relics you have on the fly providing its one of the free chest relics or a relic that has been unlocked from doing the achievements. It will be usable on all characters per equipment template so no soul bound blocks.

It also gets put into the Legendary storage (whatever it was called) so no more clutter of relics like the 30 taking up your bank space.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Added edit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I got them from the achievements, yes.

Now I'm looking at the materials required for a Legendary Relic and I'm feeling more pain..

Plays "Poor unfortunate soul" 🎶🎶

But seriously, look into crafting one single legendary rune. I know the prices are high now but you have a month for it. 

It's worth it. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Plays "Poor unfortunate soul" 🎶🎶

But seriously, look into crafting one single legendary rune. I know the prices are high not but you have a month for it. 

It's worth it. 

It's one, if not, the most easiest obtainable legendary item, and you actually get a extra legendary with the legendary rune on top.

I'm also of the opinion it is worth it but can only do our best to give people advice and let them decide.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Like 4

The point of it is to alleviate the issues the devs introduced with SotO.

Pre-SotO: you kept the handful of useful runes and swapped them out when needed.

Post-SotO: that handful of useful runes has shrunk and you're now forced to cart around soulbound relics.

Which means post-leg relic, you can go back to not having a load of soulbound inventory clutter. Hooray!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I made a legendary backpack because I had about 14 spare backpacks in my bank in case I wanted to replace the ones my characters were using. I don't change the stats on them often, so I didn't really need it, but then I also didn't really need the spares but didn't want to throw them away just in case. The convenience of having 1 item which can be all the variants all my characters need was worth it.

22 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Once you've unlocked them you can buy the achievement relics from the Junior Archivist and Archivist Ikur in SotO, so unless you're currently using them you could get rid of those as well, you'll always be able to get another one if you do find a use for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I made a legendary backpack because I had about 14 spare backpacks in my bank in case I wanted to replace the ones my characters were using. I don't change the stats on them often, so I didn't really need it, but then I also didn't really need the spares but didn't want to throw them away just in case. The convenience of having 1 item which can be all the variants all my characters need was worth it.

Once you've unlocked them you can buy the achievement relics from the Junior Archivist and Archivist Ikur in SotO, so unless you're currently using them you could get rid of those as well, you'll always be able to get another one if you do find a use for it.

I personally have enough character, with tons of bag space, that don't see use to store them. 

But others might not be so lucky. 

I thought the 2 relic achievements were kinda wierd. Having us get all the useless relics. 

2 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

That entirely depends on what you want.

If you are fine with having those 30 in your bank and you don't expect to change relics on your characters a lot then you're good. And you could delete the ones you'll never use even.

However, if you're like me and you have many alts and do change builds on your characters at least from time to time then the legendary relic is great because it's one relic to fit them all. I'll be happy to clear them out of my bank and inventory space. 

And if crafting one legendary rune is too much for you, please understand that leggy runes are one of the least expensive legendary items out there. So in that sense legendary items are not for you, so why worry about it?

9 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

And if crafting one legendary rune is too much for you, please understand that leggy runes are one of the least expensive legendary items out there.

Not right now they aren't, if you don't have the materials already, namely the charms, then right now is a terrible time for it as prices have spiked. But yes in terms of overall material costs, when there isn't a rush driving the prices up, they are cheaper than others.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Not right now they aren't, if you don't have the materials already, namely the charms, then right now is a terrible time for it as prices have spiked. But yes in terms of overall material costs, when there isn't a rush driving the prices up, they are cheaper than others.

Well, yeah now they've probably gone up in price because the demand for those mats has likely gone up considerably. And if you haven't got any charms then it will be expensive. But I'm not sure if it's expensive like legendary weapons or armor pieces considering that the prices of Trophies will also have gone up, making other legendaries also more expensive now.

So I'm still saying that the leggy runes are among the cheaper ones though not as cheap as before. I suspect that the legendary sigils and PvE amulet will be the cheapest right now but I'm not sure if anything else is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That's the point of all legendary gear. 

Convenience. 

Take that back!  Legendary bling is all about Fashion Wars! 😉

Although in this case I highly doubt the legendary relic will provide any kind of glowy effect or floating balls, so yeah, probably just convenience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Take that back!  Legendary bling is all about Fashion Wars! 😉

Although in this case I highly doubt the legendary relic will provide any kind of glowy effect or floating balls, so yeah, probably just convenience.

I have heavy, med and light legendary armor, 7 leg runes, 8 leg sigils and all leg weapons....I never have to worry about meta or specialty builds...I can switch all my stats on the fly.   

MUCH more than fashion wars cause I usually switch the aesthetics. Also, with Leg armor you do not need to use any charges to change your appearance.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sreoom.3690 said:

I have heavy, med and light legendary armor, 7 leg runes, 8 leg sigils and all leg weapons....I never have to worry about meta or specialty builds...I can switch all my stats on the fly.  

Your new "legendary" relic will need maintenance every three months though. 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I still have several unopened freebie boxes, plus ones from achieves and ones I tried and then parked, etc. I can see maybe doing it to reclaim the inventory space, if nothing else.

7 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

I highly doubt the legendary relic will provide any kind of glowy effect or floating balls

Have you met ANet? That's kind of their thing.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AIex.4105 said:

TBH I dont care about the legendary stuff since I only play 1 character, my question is there will be ascended relics?

Noone knows but if you only play 1 character why do you need account bound ascended relics?

The legendary wont be any stronger then the exotic relic effect anyway.

Legendaries always is the same grade as the bis and atm that is exotic relics.

Edited by Linken.6345