Legendary Relics - Just another convenience item?

16 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I never cared for Legendary Weapons or Armor, myself. Skins aside, it's no problem for me to just switch between equipment templates. Is that all Legendary Relics will be? If so I probably won't bother with the Legendary Rune grind.

If you have a large selection of ascended gear then legendaries may not be worth the cost for you. I enjoy being able to tinker with builds a lot (across multiple characters) so converting to legendaries was worth it for me.

That said, every ascended drop or transmutation charge from WvW is a letdown now, so creating legendaries is making future content less rewarding for yourself if drops, collections, etc are a driving force for your enjoyment of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I have a lot of legendary stuff, all 3 weights armors, all trinkets, some of the weapons. I had to stop doing legendary stuff because I get less and less stuff as loot I can use, so content like raids, fractals and strikes are not so important for me( still doing them but I skip a lot ) . So it's hard to enjoy a ascended drop nowadays for example. True I didn't get relics as a drop, but even crafting them makes sense as a content. Anyway to ask the question, I don't care about convenience, already have way to much convenience, and only thing will make me to made this legendary relic is the AP they linked with it. If legendary relic are like legendary rune/sigil with no AP gain linked by crafting them I will pass the convenience it brings. 

15 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Take that back!  Legendary bling is all about Fashion Wars! 😉

Although in this case I highly doubt the legendary relic will provide any kind of glowy effect or floating balls, so yeah, probably just convenience.

I know you meant it jokingly but I do want to point out that I have quite a few legendaries and I barely use any of their skins because, to me, most legendary skins are hideous or at least over the top. However, even in my case, it does support Fashion Wars because of the free reskins which allows me to actually see on my character model how it looks because the preview is sorta meh.

Oh wait, that's another convenience matter, isn't it? 😂

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:35 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Noone knows but if you only play 1 character why do you need account bound ascended relics?

The legendary wont be any stronger then the exotic relic effect anyway.

Legendaries always is the same grade as the bis and atm that is exotic relics.

Idk maybe becouse ascended stuff gives more stats, If the legendray wont be any stronger is good to know to not waste time and effort on them lol

17 minutes ago, AIex.4105 said:

Idk maybe becouse ascended stuff gives more stats, If the legendray wont be any stronger is good to know to not waste time and effort on them lol

And what stats do the relic effects give?

Thats right none.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AIex.4105 said:

Legendary gear has the exact same stats as ascended gear. However, they do offer some advantages:

• Free stat swapping
  • Free upgrade extraction
  • Free skin swapping (no transmutations needed)
  • Ability to use the gear pieces on ALL your (eligible*) characters

* I say eligible because not all classes can use the same armor weights and weapon types of course.

So that's why people want legendary gear.

Having 20 characters, I find especially the last one very nice. Creating 20 gear sets of ascended level is a pain in the rear end. I just made my 20th character today actually and it was great to just be able to equip her with legendary gear right away. No need to craft anything anymore. Brilliant.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 1:53 PM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I have about 30 relics in my bank already. How many more do I need?

Usually one per char per build.

With some people having 60+ that can easily become a few hundred relics.

Plus all those you just want to try out ofcourse. Which is also per char as relics are soul bound.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 6:08 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Did you get them for the achievement? 

If yes, then I share your pain. 

If not, only a handful are worth using anyway.  Delete the ones that are useless.

No, no, no.  they have a chance to drop a charm when salvaged.  Don't delete - salvage them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Legendary gear has the exact same stats as ascended gear. However, they do offer some advantages:

• Free stat swapping
  • Free upgrade extraction
  • Free skin swapping (no transmutations needed)
  • Ability to use the gear pieces on ALL your (eligible*) characters

* I say eligible because not all classes can use the same armor weights and weapon types of course.

So that's why people want legendary gear.

Having 20 characters, I find especially the last one very nice. Creating 20 gear sets of ascended level is a pain in the rear end. I just made my 20th character today actually and it was great to just be able to equip her with legendary gear right away. No need to craft anything anymore. Brilliant.

Agreeing with all points made above. Whether or not legendary is worth it has a lot to do with what you want out of the game.

Around 14 or so characters, I really started in on legendary crafting. Now, at 33 level 80s, it's wonderful to just spend 5-10 minutes after hitting 80 and be done with gearing and build each time. The legendary armory has been a great addition to the game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Legendary relic is like legendary runes and sigils, which are like unbreakable gathering tools:  they will never pay for themselves, but the peace of mind of always having them on hand is the point of using them.

Some of the unbreakable tools actually do pay for themselves relatively fast. That's assuming you actively use them for gathering, of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Just a small question if I may, which salvaging kit/item is the best for salvaging them?

I read somewhere that they all give the same chance of delivering a charm.  But I did not want to risk it so I used silver fed.  I got 29 charms from 192 relics which comes out to a rate of one charm every 6.6 salvages. 

Some other details: The charm each one can drop is the same that is used in the crafting recipe for that relic so if you need a specific charm check the crafting recipe.  I picked daredevil because it gives skill (the most expensive) and does not require scrolling down in the chest of power screen - and when opening 180 chests, not scrolling for each one is important.  Overall, with the charms already in my inventory, the mats I already had and the charms for salvaging and mats from laurels the legendary rune cost me a little over 200 gold.  A lot less than the 800 gold I saw someone else mention it can cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

Overall, with the charms already in my inventory, the mats I already had and the charms for salvaging and mats from laurels the legendary rune cost me a little over 200 gold.  A lot less than the 800 gold I saw someone else mention it can cost.

I was mentioning the full cost. Not the cost of crafting a rune with the mats you already have. For example, for me, crafting it costed me exactly zero gold, because i've already had all the mats required - this does not mean however that the rune cost was zero.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I was mentioning the full cost. Not the cost of crafting a rune with the mats you already have. For example, for me, crafting it costed me exactly zero gold, because i've already had all the mats required - this does not mean however that the rune cost was zero.

OK.  Not sure what your point is.  I was certainly not stating it cost everyone that much or assuming everyone went into crafting the rune with no mats in the bank.   I was simply expressing my pleasant surprise that I went into crafting the rune thinking I would have to spend several hundred gold and finding that different cost saving measures cut it down to about 200.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 7:48 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

That's the point of all legendary gear. 

Convenience. 

From a purely practical point of view, it’s convenience, especially if you have multiple characters and use multiple builds on each. 

It’s also a bit of ego thing and cosmetics. 

Personally, I wasn’t aware of the convenience factor until I got my first leggo (Xiuquatl). It can be equipped at the same time on all my characters, once per build but on all their builds, each with different stats, sigils and infusions. It instantly replaced 3 ascended scepters on 2 characters and I’ve rolled 3 more characters that can use it. 

Going to start focusing on a leggo trinket next

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think legs is more for the high end game, where ppl finished everything and have something to do and for those ppl that has 999999999 characters. I play this game for 9 years already and I realy dont care about legs, only got the sunrise for the looks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1