regarding auto loot or please send loot bags to me

I feel like, when downed/dead and you accrue lootbags you can't loot, if you then WP and other enemies die who you tagged, you get not only their auto-loot, but also the loot that amassed while you were downed. There's been a bunch of times I've noticed this. Anyone else?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

I feel like, when downed/dead and you accrue lootbags you can't loot, if you then WP and other enemies die who you tagged, you get not only their auto-loot, but also the loot that amassed while you were downed. There's been a bunch of times I've noticed this. Anyone else?

Been a while since testing this one but...if you are defeated and release you will get loot bags for enemies that are defeated after you have released but the bags that are around your body while you hadn't released are left on the ground with their timers running. Now I can't say the why of the logic was designed that way. If you want to make it even more odd, think about how that impacts the whole downstate discussions if you want your brain to hurt. 

But but but..... that could be a precursor lying next you on the ground. If I had just released I wouldn't have lost that! lol

18 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Been a while since testing this one but...if you are defeated and release you will get loot bags for enemies that are defeated after you have released but the bags that are around your body while you hadn't released are left on the ground with their timers running. Now I can't say the why of the logic was designed that way. If you want to make it even more odd, think about how that impacts the whole downstate discussions if you want your brain to hurt. 

But but but..... that could be a precursor lying next you on the ground. If I had just released I wouldn't have lost that! lol

I swear there's been many times where I've noticed getting both the downed loot and the "died after WP" loot. Defending Valley on EBG, for example, where you can run back to where you died without a doubt before the bags expire. there aren't any bags. Meanwhile the "+50xp" for a tagged kill that pops up after WP I've noticed comes with more loot.

It's like the game's auto-looting everything in the vicinity of the kill (like how a PvE strike boss will loot all the chests around him too), only it doesn't work when dead or downed. Doesn't matter how far away you are, if you get a kill credit, you get a wide AOE of autoloot.

It definitely feels that way to me.

32 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

But if I don't die then how can I get them to waste siege on my body so that I can make more profit on the TP from sales? 

Thatvis quite strategical.

you earn more from siegeselling than baglooting? Got a powerpoint-chart about that?

• Haha 1

They want people to respawn when dead, but for the most part it doesn't make any sense for downed players.

Having to loot items is such an archaic system though. It should go straight in your inventory unless it's full. Sadly, I think it's more or less been abandoned and most wvw rewards are concentrated  in the tracks. But at least the most you can lose is ~50 gold from a precursor that will never drop unless you can loot it anyways; it's not exactly the jackpot items anymore. 

22 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Thatvis quite strategical.

you earn more from siegeselling than baglooting? Got a powerpoint-chart about that?

lol. Sorry it was a joke within a joke.

No was more to cover when mistakes are made and for playing too many melee toons. I am a guild scribe so I have long hours to wait as a bar crosses a screen in the guild hall to crank out siege. To make a stack of 250 Guild Catapults it takes with delays of reloading and such 2.5 hours standing in the guild hall waiting for a bar to cross a screen as these are crafted. Now 250 may seem like a lot but you burn through those quite fast if you are a player that deploys siege for a roamer, havoc or a flashmob standing around a wall looking at it and willing it to fall on its own.

I use Guild Cats since its just 40 sups and when running in a havoc that means every two players should be able to build 1 considering havoc players should have maxed out Supply Capacity or be working towards it. Versus 1 Cat per 3 players if using Superior Siege. 

Example with a havoc of 4 you can get 2 Guild Cats up or only 1 Superior. So you double your time to breach a target with Guild Siege without having to resupply.  Same thing while roaming, Guild siege just means 1 return to a supply point versus 2 trips which means more chance of detection of the siege point being built.

The one joke is in the prices of the siege, which varies quite a bit but focusing on cats here. You get Superior Siege like it's candy but it's less efficient for smaller groups or roamers and you can't use it to craft Guild siege. Basic Cats drop less frequently and you need them for crafting. Even now, Basic Cats are 5.94 Silver where as Sup Cats are 3.0 Silver. Guild Cats go for 38.16 Silver. So if a player is throwing siege on another downed player they should throw Sup Siege since they could have made twice as much by selling the Basic Siege or made 6 times as much by crafting and selling the Guild Cats. Havoc/Roamer scribes either need to take the time out of WvW to craft the siege or spend a lot of coin to buy it off the TP or face more resupply runs which is less efficient while in WvW.

The second joke is just don't Roam or Havoc and instead make bank by crafting and selling Guild Cats but then when the zerg shows up to roll over you, you can't laugh at them when they unknowingly threw siege that actually they could have made more coin on verse throwing less valuable Sup Siege on you. Ah the games within the games. 🙂 

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol. Sorry it was a joke within a joke.

I was joking aswell no prob ^^
i know we burn a lot of sieges. I only sometimes casually tag up. It’s pricey…

i prefer guildsieges aswell since my grps are mostly smallscale. 10 less supps is a lot then. But you know… it’s just gold. I go make fractals 2 days in a row and have enough gold again. Ezpz.

on a serious note: use a defeated player as a trampoline, throw a siege on him or teabagging the dude is something only small scaled minds enjoy. I never do that in any game. But i also ignore it when it is done to me. ^^

but yeah, throwing a siege for BM? Then throw a guild siege to show of how much gold you have muahaha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Or don’t be lazy and TP as soon as you die.

Sometimes you cannot port that fast, like in my case where all died on the same spot, friends like foes.
Sometimes your commander tells you not to release.

3 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

But how are we supposed to uselessly scale up the npcs then?

How does that make sense? When someone died so close then he's already in range and it is already upscaled. And it won't scale down when people leave (personal experience with a camp).

17 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Guild shield gens are less than 2s

I only bury guildies or grimm with that though.  But usually  Grimm has too many enemies  around  them.

BTW if you hit an enemy with  a blueprint  it procs sigils.

If you don't attack them while defending they won't be flagged as attackers and no one gets defense ticks. This is my anti-social social way of supporting the server when I get pulled jump into them to try and get them off that siege they have deployed. Plus I get to resupply and can then flank them. Bonus all around.

Now granted when the Han Solo attack trick fails, that's just a face full of bad guys. But when it works, magic. Just saying.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

If you don't attack them while defending they won't be flagged as attackers and no one gets defense ticks. This is my anti-social social way of supporting the server when I get pulled jump into them to try and get them off that siege they have deployed. Plus I get to resupply and can then flank them. Bonus all around.

Now granted when the Han Solo attack trick fails, that's just a face full of bad guys. But when it works, magic. Just saying.

It's ok, I don't get defense ticks anyways. I only get defense event if I don't want them.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It's ok, I don't get defense ticks anyways. I only get defense event if I don't want them.

Don't worry I make enough bad calls that defense credits will be assigned. What I found funny tonight was I was told I should stop avoiding fights. 🙄

The player was asking that a tag come chase a Havoc. I tried to explain that is the goal of a Havoc to distract a tag and lure them away from actual targets and don't fall for it. I was then told I shouldn't avoid fights while roaming. 😄 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624