Deadeye, undisputed king of wvw.

5 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Get gud, learn the thief weaknesses and ur golden. Remain in the dark, learn nothing, qq on forums of which u know nothing about and u will end up quitting the game just hecause someone else bested u because THEY took time to do that which u were repugnant to.

When you got gud and you play deadeye, you'r re the king of wvw (roaming ofc). That's the problem.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Get gud, learn the thief weaknesses and ur golden. Remain in the dark, learn nothing, qq on forums of which u know nothing about and u will end up quitting the game just hecause someone else bested u because THEY took time to do that which u were repugnant to.

Thief main tells people to just get gud. Like pottery.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/8/2024 at 9:59 AM, ArgothCZ.6420 said:

DE have burst, not dps. I can output ~20-30k burst to unarmored targets (much less against cele or high toughness targets...or someone with high enough skill to use dodge), but I burn through all my CDs and resources (mark+initiative+dodge/elite to do a judgement from stealth, but only when I hit with two skills to build up Malice). Then there are a few seconds when all I can do 1-1-1 for 2-4k dps (under 1k dps to high toughness) or use some of the movement utility to run.
I don't have perma stealth (like some DDs), but I also have ~15k HP, because I need full Marauder for this kind of damage (and to not die when anything just looks at me). Anyone jumps at me with a similar burst (like willbender, soulbeast, harbinger,... even rifle berserker was able to one-shot me) and I'm downed immediately.

Mobility takes most of the slots. Most of my utility is mobility, combined with stun breaks and condi cleanse. Damage for DE is often just from rifle skills. Utility and elite are to just survive.

1500 range is when DE is kneeling, which needs to be activated, has a short cast time and costs initiative. While kneeling, DE has 1/4 movement speed, unless getting superspeed buff (which is often from stealth). When not kneeling, DE has 1200 range like dragonhunter, warrior, mesmer,...

Who else has 1500 range? Any longbow ranger or engineer with a mortar kit. The mortar kit has an even higher range due to aoe damage and is capable of some trick shots to hit in unexpected places due to projectile arc.

So? Delete stealth? Sure, but the thief as a whole class would need to get HP and damage in return to remain somewhat relevant and it would drive people crazy in the same way...and it would make them into "the dodgy warrior" class.

Also people forget the stealth is not invincibility. The thief is still there somewhere and with enough experience, you can still hit them...and it will hurt them a lot.

Yes I should've said burst and not dps. I'm not asking to get stealth deleted but the amount of stealth is just too much and I don't mind them getting more hp/damage in return. As for mobility, I'm not sure what to say other than that there are frequently situations where a deadeye gets chased half way across the map by 5+ people and it's extremely hard to catch up with them. If I'm not mistaken they get superspeed when entering and leaving stealh. Add to that a shadowstep here and there and they're back in stealth. It's just the combination that's just over the top. I have no idea why that aura lasts as long as it does. Perhaps you can explain to me why that needs to be as long as it is.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Yes I should've said burst and not dps. I'm not asking to get stealth deleted but the amount of stealth is just too much and I don't mind them getting more hp/damage in return. As for mobility, I'm not sure what to say other than that there are frequently situations where a deadeye gets chased half way across the map by 5+ people and it's extremely hard to catch up with them. If I'm not mistaken they get superspeed when entering and leaving stealh. Add to that a shadowstep here and there and they're back in stealth. It's just the combination that's just over the top. I have no idea why that aura lasts as long as it does. Perhaps you can explain to me why that needs to be as long as it is.

Probably because they have 5+ people after them at the same time. Sad life that not one had a pull or something. If their slots are all mobility, they probably only have like one stun break. If it actually went down like you say. 

I would start by getting rid of Silent Scope. That should never have been a thing and it's wild that it's still around but whatever. Deaths Retreat can combo with Silent Scope and can double up fast for distance if you have the initiative. It's not an evade though so not being able to mask it so easily would be a start.

I don't know what is replace it with since Deaths Advance is pretty much what I had wanted before that update. 

They can stagger break stuns that are some kind of mobility but they're kinda trolling themselves also at that point.

Edited by kash.9213

On 2/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

It's tough to learn these skills:

Suck massive kitten, run away using all your escape and stealth abilities.

Can you teach me? I'm just not sure how to go in for a trade, lose it because I have no skill and then I have to press buttons to runaway.

Thief players are a living example of everything wrong with open world pvp in MMOs. They aren't interested in a fight. They're interested in winning and not losing. And inevitably that turns into grief style gameplay where any time you're far from an objective they'll harass you over and over. They'll lose every single trade but they'll keep trying.

When GW3 comes out in 2030 top priority should be hardware and IP bans on all thief mains. I'm half joking. Thief mains need to take a look at their gameplay. How often are you running out of a losing trade, resetting and trying again? You understand that's not fun for the other person? Of course other professions can do it pretty well too but Thief is at the top of the list.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I've seen these kinds of chases with almost any class. Vindicator, Renegade, Willbender...even Druid. No one has enough CC because everyone had mobility and cleanse/stun breaks. I don't chase them. It's pointless and they can't win the fight, so they just stall. They win by convincing others to chase them and not focus on objectives. In the end, if you want duels sPvP can provide them better.
Superspeed is from a minor node in Shadow Arts trait line. It is probably the only line, which offers some survivability to thieves while also having synergy with DE class. Acrobatics is more or less useless because DE does not benefit much from dodge. Other lines are pure damage/utility. Sadly no raw vitality/toughness like other classes have.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the aura you talk about. If you mean DE's Mark, it allows to build up Malice (which is spent on boosting stealth attacks) and from traits it has increased damage against marked target (10%) and reduced damage taken from marked target (15%).

Shadowstep in of itself or from traits does not provide stealth, so it's either something different, a skill combination or a blast finisher over the smoke field.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

As I said before, I will Never buy any games from Anet after they Intentionally Allowed and Permitted Bad Design to be part of WvW and PvP design game modes including their worse Offense-Intionally Ignoring WvW Community Experiences and Concerns for 11 Years+ in creating a Healthy Competiitive Game Mode.

The only exception of buying Guild Wars 3 is if only the former Guild Wars (1) Team return and retake full control of Guild Wars Name and Reputation.

Other than that, Anet has lost my Trust after Intentionally Allowing  and Promoting 11 Years+ of Bad Design to run rampant in Guild Wars 2 including Intenionally setting up WvW and PvP game modes to Fail for players who wants Healthy Competition

(Out of all my years of Gaming experience, Anet is by far the Worse Gaming Company who Allows and Promote Toxic Game Design to continue without having any Consequences whatsoever and to make matter worse; they have Zero No Care Whatsoever for their Gaming Community inputs, nor for their concerns for 11 consequtitive years without stopping)  

It is all About Anet and what they want and will do, no matter what!! whether we like it or not!!  including making profit with Gem Store . Until Everyone understand this, keep running arround with the same endless Cyclle when our Inputs and Concerns are being continuing being ignored with Fake communication attempts to pretent to Care about us!!

Their next release will likely be in 2030 and it will be multiplatform (so likely PC and consoles) I expect they'll want to tone down a lot of the stupidity of combat in this game. The skillbar will be cut in half (at minimum). It's time to go back to the GW1 skillbar or something even more simplified closer to big games like League of Legends, DOTA 2, Valorant, etc... 

Edit - to clarify by next release I mean next game, not the mini-expansions we'll be getting each year for the next 2-3 years.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 1

Thieves can be such pests sometimes.. but they're not the only ones. We all have different specs we really don't like to go against, depending on what we're playing atm. Anyway, like said in another thread, the problem with stealth (imho the problem with thieves is not mobility - nowadays mobility is widespread, as are the natural counters of it - CC) is that counters do exist but are few and lacking : cooldowns are too long and those skills aren't reliable, they sometimes just don't work. Having to slot a skill to counter a few builds would be an alright trade-off if they did work and had acceptable cds - or another utility baked-in. As it is, using reveal skills/traits is just asking for a frustrating time. Would be nice if Anet worked on those.

Edited by Sirvaleen.1379

On 2/5/2024 at 12:13 AM, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

Uncatchable, un beatable, and unseeable. The deadeye is the only class where if you are good, there is virtually nothing that can beat you. 

de ,after to many nerfes is a easy frag if he do a mistake...for all.comapre with annoing daredevils

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, aegris.3175 said:

de ,after to many nerfes is a easy frag if he do a mistake...for all.comapre with annoing daredevils

'fragile"? Even with having the most Broken Stealth Mechanic in Gaming History especially for 12 consequtive years and on-going?

Please!! tell this to an average Thief Profession player who'se making a series of how Broken Bad Design Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic is?

Nothing personal, after so many years of hearing that statement, Honest Thief Profession player would prove that statement wrong.

With all due Respect and Respect to the Thief Profession who played very well, watch the series 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZROnk4bbF5g

By the way, I have many friends who play/ed Thief Profession and they all agree....Thief Profession is Badly Design with  including having the most  Broken Stealth Mechanic is MMO/RPG gaming History.

They even went as far in making many constructive suggestions in past Thief Profession Nerf thread in Thief Profession forum, to fix and improve their Profession including making Stealth Mechanic Counterplay and Competititve, which resulting in being Mute and Disregared to Anet.

Throughout the years. every Professions including Thief Profession would attempt to post their constructive suggestions and concerns on forums, threads,together and would call upon Anet to take actions in making Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic having Counterplay and Competititive to all players including their Professions.

Result, Response? Same

Thief Profession Community do want Harmony with all Professions including in PvP and WvW. It is Anet who refuses to do so and continues to refuse to

So there

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 7

On 2/4/2024 at 10:13 PM, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

Uncatchable, un beatable, and unseeable. The deadeye is the only class where if you are good, there is virtually nothing that can beat you. 

calling one of the most useless classes king, at least nice troll

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

Thieves are annoying but definitely not the worst class out there to fight, in my opinion. The ones I have a hard time with are usually willbenders since I mainly play power reaper. Thieves are simple ... I just ignore them and if they engage I fight them and if they run I don't bother trying to chase, it is a waste of time. If they kill me idc. I'm an oldie returnee who remembers playing in the early days during core and I mained mesmer then. I knew them well enough to still know what I'm doing against them for the most part... I still don't understand all of the new elites for all classes but eventually I'll get there.

The stealth isn't really the worst mechanic of the game tbh. It is easier to understand by playing a class that utilizes it to get a better feeling of the timing of when they go stealth to when they'll try striking out from it. Going from maining mesmer to necro it took me some time to get used to roaming on a class that doesn't use stealth, and personally I do think it is somewhat more work on one that doesn't. But each class does have its pros and cons so idk overall I think most things have a trade off.

The bigger offender is the mobility of some classes vs others, I think.

With that said though I do think the game felt much more balanced during the core era than it does now. Roaming was more fun, and even zerging was fun back during hammer trains and blasting combo fields for buffs etc. Good old days if you ask me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2