Deadeye, undisputed king of wvw.

35 minutes ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

The deadeye is the only class where if you are good, there is virtually nothing that can beat you. 

all the while being useless in most encounters on the map. surviving itself wont win the mode or the wallrunners would be the true meta.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

I think you and I have extremely different game modes. 

probably, for i rarely solo roam these days and beyond that deadeye is a non-issue. sure if you are outnumbered in still smaller scales an additional deadeye can seem annoying, but on most anything else they would provide more to their side. i also would rather not have a deadeye in any squad i join, on opposing side they are more than welcome to waste map slots.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

How long will WvW Community accept Reality that, until Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic are not deleted, Guild Wars 2  competitive scenary will never exist?

Will another 12 more years be enough evidence needed to accept the Truth??

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 3

Ultimate ganker. Even if you can kill it, it's a project and you probably need favourable terrain and him willing to commit. 2 or 3 good ones working together and it's a nightmare. 

But all that said, I have nothing against gankers and a ganker class. Part of the game, live with it. Or don't.

8 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

How long will WvW Community accept Reality that, until Thief Profession and Stealth Mechanic are not deleted, Guild Wars 2  competitive scenary will never exist?

WvW is not the competitive mode.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Ultimate ganker. Even if you can kill it, it's a project and you probably need favourable terrain and him willing to commit. 2 or 3 good ones working together and it's a nightmare. 

But all that said, I have nothing against gankers and a ganker class. Part of the game, live with it. Or don't.

WvW Community want to hear it directly from Anet mouth

• Like 5
  • Confused 8

Just don’t encounter them. Just… don’t. Do not give them content.

you will never beat a thief, not because of stealth but because he is so mobile. He will just run away from you when you might win and maybe re-engage once his strongest heal (ooc heal) made him full again.

this is just silly so… just don’t ^^

• Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Just don’t encounter them. Just… don’t. Do not give them content.

I'll try not to encounter the DH/DE gank duos I find all over the southern portions of maps 😂

7 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

This is a good point, one us old roamers have a time with.  Roaming has been stagnant and dead a long time unless you are on hyper mobile class--but stockholm pulls me into WvW on my roamer Druid from time to time.

While I can still take out my fair share of people--it's noticing that needing to run speed relic and trapper runes to keep up with the power creep that really just makes me bored of WvW.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I'll try not to encounter the DH/DE gank duos I find all over the southern portions of maps

Do that. There are other ways, other maps, other players… and if nothing works, other gamemodes for a while ot take a break.

i would rather go offline and watch a movie than going full reeee cause of a kitten thief-duo.

• Confused 2

Every day I see those 50 deadeye zergs, and they just mow down everything in their path. This one spec utterly dominates every type of possible gameplay in wvw. Utterly.

Honestly though, I see more rangers and engies and whatever celes than deadeyes. So if deadeye is the undisputed king of roaming, it must be really hard to play (hahaha)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

It's so hard to play, you just have to press 2 2 2 2 to win. Even the balance team thinks no one plays DE in WvW that is why they only nerfed it in PvP

Thief

(January 30 Balance Update Preview)

Deadeye has been growing in popularity in PvP over the last few months, and we've seen that it can be a bit too difficult to lock down for the damage it's capable of dealing. We're increasing the initiative cost of Death's Advance to require a larger resource investment for the survivability that it provides.

• Skirmisher's Shot: Reduced the power coefficient from 0.8 to 0.7 in PvP only.
  • Death's Advance: Increased the initiative cost from 2 to 4 in PvP only.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

King of WvW my a...tail. DE is good in only a few things and still, it shares half of them with other thieves and the other half with any longbow ranger, DH or mortar kit engi.

But yeah, it's fun to see fellow DEs in WvW, when most of them don't even know the kit and therefore I can snack on them easily...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's 2024 and people complain about Thieves, in terms of roaming at least, when there are other specs with builds, which can be 'unkillable' too.

I remember the days, when there was culling too.

Nevermind1v1, which the game mode, won't ever  be balanced for.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

probably, for i rarely solo roam these days and beyond that deadeye is a non-issue. sure if you are outnumbered in still smaller scales an additional deadeye can seem annoying, but on most anything else they would provide more to their side. i also would rather not have a deadeye in any squad i join, on opposing side they are more than welcome to waste map slots.

Idk man. A good roamer in your third on EBG snacking up zerglings/keeping them bussy is really annoying when your squad is on the other side of the map. 

19 hours ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

I think stealth should have a reveal if the attack misses. I mean, someone is on you with a dagger, and it misses. Or a gunshot rings, and it misses, you still cant see them.

There's already a short cd to backstab and they'd have to restack stealth. It would make more sense to change stealth and stealth skills to be less frequent but more deliberate and decisive. Why make some janky change as a crutch for yourself because you can't cleave or cc that would just shift focus on another gimmick? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1