Anet, here's a list of instruments that you should drop into the gem store / collections if you can get them sampled.

As long as I can mute them client side they can add a Theremin for all I care.
Although I think the design budget for such shenanigans is a bit short these days, the last instrument added was 2016 so I think these may be an abandoned feature.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/9/2024 at 1:50 AM, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

The only proper instrument for Asura is a keytar.

I see your keytar and raise you a Theremin.

After Metal Legion was introduced in Bound By Blood there was a lot of talk about what kinds of music the other races would be into, and I always imagined asuran music being something like mathcore with a Theremin. It'd sound like a mess and they'd tell you that's because you're too ignorant to appreciate the significance of the time signatures. (Exactly like real mathcore fans.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

After Metal Legion was introduced in Bound By Blood there was a lot of talk about what kinds of music the other races would be into, and I always imagined asuran music being something like mathcore with a Theremin. It'd sound like a mess and they'd tell you that's because you're too ignorant to appreciate the significance of the time signatures. (Exactly like real mathcore fans.)

Had to look it up because I never heard of that instrument and holy crap did not expect this.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Had to look it up because I never heard of that instrument and holy crap did not expect this.

No matter what you're expecting no one is prepared for a Theremin. 😄

They are absolutely surreal. I've heard and seen them used in a few different genres and my first reaction is always "What is that sound? And what's that person doing? Ohhh."

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You are right. Theremin is 100% what an Asura would build and create music with. A friend of mine studied physics and music in undergrad and then built a theremin for funsies during her grad studies. She may be a secret Asura.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907
  • Like 3

On 2/10/2024 at 5:28 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Had to look it up because I never heard of that instrument

You sure? It's being used a lot in eerie musical compositions. Here's a famous contemporary tv example:

And I also recall this episode of The Big Bang Theory, showing how you shouldn't play it 😄 :

• Confused 3

38 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You sure? It's being used a lot in eerie musical compositions. Here's a famous contemporary tv example:

And I also recall this episode of The Big Bang Theory, showing how you shouldn't play it 😄 :

Oh apparently I have seen it but not remembering that I did at all, watched all of the big bang theory back in the day.