Spirit Shard gain post-Wizard Vault implementation

Simply put, we gained far less Spirit Shards after Wizard Vault was introduced.

I have seen people calculated that we gain 200 less shards per month compare to the old system, which gives 3 shards per daily.

Would like Anet to address this somehow, unless it is intended (which would be kinda dumb and there ain't absolutely no good reason) 

Edited by RigoRHX.7390
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

9 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Err, we were getting Spirit Shards for doing the old Dailies? Really? :classic_huh: I don't recall. 😄

To refresh one's memory:

a meta achievement "Daily Completionist" rewards completing any three of the available achievements with 10https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/c/cd/AP.png/20px-AP.png, 2 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/d/d1/Gold_coin.png/18px-Gold_coin.png and a Small Bag of Spirit Shards.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_(achievements)

• Like 1

you get a Spirit shard every 254,000xp, considering how many events,, metas, activities, gathering nodes, and other sources of xp are in the game, even before the WV was added, i think there are plenty of ways to get Spirit shards.

but of course, you just want to log in and click abox to get them, my bad.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

41 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

you get a Spirit shard every 254,000xp, considering how many events,, metas, activities, gathering nodes, and other sources of xp are in the game, even before the WV was added, i think there are plenty of ways to get Spirit shards.

but of course, you just want to log in and click abox to get them, my bad.

Players are able to grind out 762,000 xp within 5 minutes at least once per day?

• Confused 5

The tomes of knowledge also give you spirit shards, which one can get via various sources (including the WV - 8 AA, 35 can be bought/cycle).

I guess it is different for some people, but I've never been short on spirit shards and have over 8000 in the bank right now, so I'll never be buying those tomes.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

The tomes of knowledge also give you spirit shards, which one can get via various sources (including the WV - 8 AA, 35 can be bought/cycle).

I guess it is different for some people, but I've never been short on spirit shards and have over 8000 in the bank right now, so I'll never be buying those tomes.

I had 5k+, but after heavily investing in legendary gear currently sitting around 800. And probably will burn this for mystic clover gambling soon enough. WvW though gives good supply of tomes, this helps a lot...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I agree with the op. I am lucky that I have thousands upon thousands banked but I have friends who recently started that love the game, want to start their legendaries(the only real end game) however they keep getting hung up on the spirit shards. 

We mainly WvW/pvp so it's a trickle if they are lucky.

Please add some form of compensation for the loss. Vets will be fine. But newer people will suffer as they use up their meager reserves. Which by now I'm willing to bet are near empty.

Edited by Wolfofdivinity.6251
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I recently had to burn through about 800 tomes that i saved from WvW just for spirit shards. Don't forget the daily login rewards also gave 10 tomes every 28 days; so WV still doesn't cover the 3 you used to get every day; along with all the writs of exp you used to get from dailies that added up.

They even nerfed bauble farm when EoD came out so you can't even use that to get shards anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I've had the same issue as the OP. This is from one of my posts from a Nov last year:

On 11/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, idpersona.3810 said:

From talking on here, there seems to be players on opposite sides of this. Either you have plenty and they seem worthless (having literally thousands) or they are the bottleneck to crafting. Since each legendary weapon takes about 300 (varies a bit depending on Gen). Personally this change (removing them from daily chests since SotO came out) has made a huge difference in my rate of spirit shard acquisition. I would like to see the option to get them put back in somewhere.
I think spirit shards fall in somewhere like the obsidian shards. Completely worthless if you have an overabundance, but they might be useful for some players to have access to the in the WV.
I did the math on another thread some time ago, comparing my spirit shard gain the the 47 days pre and post SotO. 47 days prior I got 683 shards. 47 days post SotO I got 371 which includes 210 from 7 character birthdays. The difference is pretty big.

The difference in acquisition speed is huge. And obviously for the people sitting on thousands of shards, this has never made a difference. But it makes a huge difference for anyone that actually needs them. Without characters birthdays, it was 683 spirit shards in 47 days compared to 161.

Personally I've somewhat solved it by having to dedicate a day here for there to spirit shard farming. But that wasn't something I ever had to do (or even consider) before.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

50 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I would go out of my way to do every single daily, weekly, and seasonal if they did that. I need thousands more spirit shards for what I want to do.

I get it. Me too.

SotO releasing really stifled my legendary crafting journey. My gold acquisition far outpaced my spirit shard accumulation to the point that I outright bought 2 legendaries instead of crafting them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I get it. Me too.

SotO releasing really stifled my legendary crafting journey. My gold acquisition far outpaced my spirit shard accumulation to the point that I outright bought 2 legendaries instead of crafting them.

For me, I want to get all the Aurene variants. That is going to take a lot... That and I want to eventually get all Gen1 and Gen2 weapons.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

For me, I want to get all the Aurene variants. That is going to take a lot... That and I want to eventually get all Gen1 and Gen2 weapons.

I'm still trying to finish out my weapons (I just have a torch and warhorn to go plus the 3 aquatics). I was crafting about a legendary a month pre-SotO. Now it looks like one every 2-3 months. And my playing habits haven't changed all that much.

• Confused 3