Question about Wizard's Vault Daily categorization

56 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If devs create a content their players do not want to engage with, the issue is not with the players. Just saying.

Players complain about lack of options. More options are introduced. Players complain about those options as well. Players are the problem. Just saying . . .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If devs create a content their players do not want to engage with, the issue is not with the players. Just saying.

Why not?

I mean, i'm sure there is a significant part of the community that don't want to engage in jumping puzzle, and they probably still wouldn't even if the rewards were on par with other activities.

Does it mean jumping puzzle are bad content? Well, no, you'll find players that will tell you jumping puzzle are wonderful.

It simply mean it's not in some players taste.

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Why not?

I mean, i'm sure there is a significant part of the community that don't want to engage in jumping puzzle, and they probably still wouldn't even if the rewards were on par with other activities.

Does it mean jumping puzzle are bad content? Well, no, you'll find players that will tell you jumping puzzle are wonderful.

It simply mean it's not in some players taste.

That is fine. Issues starts when devs get the idea that they want players that do not like that content to engage with it. And again, the problem in this is not with the players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

"We’re also introducing some changes to the Wizard’s Vault daily and weekly objectives to address player feedback. Some objectives have had additional options added so that they can be completed in multiple ways, and some of the less popular objectives have been shelved for the time being."

There's a non-zero chance they might be addressing Activities in the daily system.

Edit: Source - https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-realm-of-dreams-arrives-on-february-27/

Edited by Kiki.9450
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That is fine. Issues starts when devs get the idea that they want players that do not like that content to engage with it. And again, the problem in this is not with the players.

Isn't the activity one of 4 available options? So if they want to complete the daily but don't want to do the activity... they don't need to. They're not going there because they're forced to, they're going there because they want either fast or easy rewards. Probably both, except if they choose going to activity they dislike for 10 minutes just to complain about it then they probably value "easy" over "fast".

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Isn't the activity one of 4 available options? So if they want to complete the daily but don't want to do the activity... they don't need to. They're not going there because they're forced to, they're going there because they want either fast or easy rewards. Probably both, except if they choose going to activity they dislike for 10 minutes just to complain about it then they probably value "easy" over "fast".

You might perhaps respond with something actually relevant to the discussion i participated in, because i did not touch any of those things you mention at all.

• Confused 7

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You might perhaps respond with something actually relevant to the discussion i participated in, because i did not touch any of those things you mention at all.

It is relevant, if some players go out of their way to play content they dislike because it's a low/no effort 10aa and then complain about it then they're very much the problem. What exactly do you not understand here?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It is relevant, if the players are going out of their way to play content they dislike because it's a low/no effort 10aa and then complain about it then they're very much the problem.

I think it becomes a lesser of two evils scenario. If the other 3 dailies are more enjoyable, those are completed and the activity ignored. But if one of the other 3 is a buggy mini-dungeon, then the activity is chosen. So in a way, the players that dislike activities feel forced into them when other choices are even less desirable. That is assuming they care about getting in their dailies that day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It is relevant, if some players go out of their way to play content they dislike because it's a low/no effort 10aa and then complain about it then they're very much the problem. What exactly do you not understand here?

...where i was talking about players complaining in what you responded to? The discussion i was responding to was the idea, that if devs create encouragement for the players to engage with a certain content, and it does not work the way devs wanted to, it's suddenly players' fault. I happen to disagree with that assertion. That's all there's to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I think it becomes a lesser of two evils scenario. If the other 3 dailies are more enjoyable, those are completed and the activity ignored. But if one of the other 3 is a buggy mini-dungeon, then the activity is chosen.

I don't know, might be. In that case, I'm all for fixing the bugged content.

29 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

That is assuming they care about getting in their dailies that day.

And that's the thing here, dailies don't really offer much of a unique rewards and if they do, they can be easly bought up by skipping "some" (literally all?) dailies. They can probably be easly bought out by just completing weeklies. I see no issue with offering additional rewards for some content here and there just because someone might dislike it. Someone always will dislike something.

23 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

...where i was talking about players complaining in what you responded to? The discussion i was responding to was the idea, that if devs create encouragement for the players to engage with a certain content, and it does not work the way devs wanted to, it's suddenly players' fault. I happen to disagree with that assertion. That's all there's to it.

The whole thing is based on players complaining about the task/s they dislike, what is this weird take you're going for right now that focusing on the word "complaining" blurs the whole post for you "because you didn't use the word complain"? If it wasn't for someone (like OP) complaining, you wouldn't have a thread to write in and the comment chain that directly relates to it.
Yes, as I wrote in my post you somehow deemed "irrelevant", it is on the player when they go for something they dislike just because they want a low/no effort 10aa.

Edited by Sobx.1758
"("
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The whole thing is based on players complaining about the task/s they dislike, what is this weird take you're going for right now that focusing on the word "complaining" blurs the whole post for you "because you didn't use the word complain"? If it wasn't for someone (like OP) complaining, you wouldn't have a thread to write in and the comment chain that directly relates to it.

OP speaking about one thing does not mean everything is about it only. The part i was responding to was already going on a tangent, and it's to that tangent i have responded. And it had nothing to do with players complaining.

Edit: to make it more easily to follow for you (since you seem to have issues with that) the tangent went like that:

1. noticing that Anet encouraging people to participate in activities creates degenerate gameplay in those.

2. claim that players are at fault for this.

That second point was what i was arguing against. OP complaining (or not) has absolutely nothing to do with it, as it does not impact the fact that point 1 is completely true.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I think it becomes a lesser of two evils scenario. If the other 3 dailies are more enjoyable, those are completed and the activity ignored. But if one of the other 3 is a buggy mini-dungeon, then the activity is chosen. So in a way, the players that dislike activities feel forced into them when other choices are even less desirable. That is assuming they care about getting in their dailies that day.

By buggy mini dungeon, you mean the one that happened 1 day in total and was then removed from the list?

Hardly a convincing argument...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

OP speaking about one thing does not mean everything is about it only. The part i was responding to was already going on a tangent, and it's to that tangent i have responded. And it had nothing to do with players complaining.

No, any mention about "player being a problem" in this comment chain is directly relating to this thread, it literally is strictly commenting on this exact "case".
"It had nothing to do with the players complaining", I see you're too hung up on the use of word "complaining". Change the word "complaining" to "dislike" or w/e you seem fit and the point stays exactly the same. Again, I'm not sure what you're failing to understand about what you're reading here, but the word "complain" wasn't crucial for anything here.

I see the ninja edit came to play:

18 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

2. claim that players are at fault for this.

That second point was what i was arguing against. OP complaining (or not) has absolutely nothing to do with it, as it does not impact the fact that point 1 is completely true.

Yes, if players manage to bait themselves into becoming hostages of the content they dislike for 10aa that doesn't even give them anything special, they're willingfully creating their own problem. Again, let me know what exactly you fail to understand here and how this is somehow "irrelevant" to the comment chain since that's what it was talking about since the start.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758

Okay, you win. Players exist to serve the content and should be ashamed if they do not fulfill their duty well. It was arrogant of me to think otherwise.

It's not about "winning", it's about understanding what we're talking about. First you tell me "this is not what the comment chain is about" and then you list points that show that it is, except you got stuck on the "complain" word which changed nothing about the point that was made. And "players exist to serve content" was not it. It's as if you suggesting (or claiming that's what I'm saying?) players are locked out of playing whatever content they want unless they get that 10 aa each day? If that was the case then you might have the point, but it's not so this is just a bad strawman as far as I'm aware.

It's not arrogant of you to think otherwise, it's arrogant of you to try to spin what I said into what you just wrote, which is basically the opposite -my initial response literally says it's something they don't need to do if they dislike it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, if players manage to bait themselves into becoming hostages of the content they dislike for 10aa that doesn't even give them anything special, they're willingfully creating their own problem. Again, let me know what exactly you fail to understand here and how this is somehow "irrelevant" to the comment chain since that's what it was talking about since the start.

It's more than the 10aa though, really. It could be 30aa + 10AP + 1g if avoiding disliked content prevents the daily from being completed. "Could" because not everyone gets the +10AP, so for some that is not a factor. The +1g may not be a factor for others who have plenty of gold.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm not gonna spoil everything for next week but I can confirm that we are retiring Activities from the daily objective rotation with next Tuesday's game update. 

Thank you! I wasn't expecting to get any confirmation at all lol

Very much looking forward to the refresh. Very curious about what new tasks there will be to explore. 😄

• Like 2

But that heart is easy!  Get stealthed, u-turn, walk along the -outside- of the wall to the next entrance.  Do that about 3 times total and you have the heart done.  Literal thinking outside the box 😄

With activities being retired, I'll have to remember to do them to advance achieves if I want to wring more AP out of them, but I don't mind.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1