CM Strikes in Wizards Vault

Please do not force anyone again to try to get into this part of the game.

The strikes might be not the problem here. The problem is the pve community that will fustrate anyone that tries to get into cm strikes or raids. 
This part of the game is locked behind being part of this elite comunity by KP. 

How sould someone new ever get KP or even get better if the only way to get some KP at the moment is paying some hardcore players to carry you. Why the Devs suport those sellers with this archivement?

I tried the cm strike now for weeks. there where also some groups that have ask for KP, beginner friendly. Guess what, beginners might die by trying to do the cm! If after 1 fail half of the group, the better ones that do cm dayly, leaves it is only frustrating! You know from the experianced commander that the dmg was enough to get throug and all have done well so far but cause of the efficency elite community no new player gets a serious chance in this game modes.

Please dont lock wizard vault points again behinde this part of the community. Integrate PVP or WVW. Alse there are always some toxic players somewhere it wont get locked behinde the players and everyone can get the points. not only a small elitist part of the players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 20

31 minutes ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

Please do not force anyone

It is a completely optional task, no one is forced to do anything. 

33 minutes ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

if the only way to get some KP at the moment is paying some hardcore players to carry you.

This is not the only way. Take your guild mates and make your own group to do the CM. It is the easiest strike CM and usually doesn’t take more than a couple of tries. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Having some additional rewards for the content you dislike in no way "forces" you to do it. It's not like you'll be missing any WV rewards if you skip that one.

58 minutes ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

The strikes might be not the problem here. The problem is the pve community that will fustrate anyone that tries to get into cm strikes or raids. 
This part of the game is locked behind being part of this elite comunity by KP. 

How sould someone new ever get KP or even get better if the only way to get some KP at the moment is paying some hardcore players to carry you.

Probably the same way anyone else without kp does it. And no, it doesn't include paying anyone.
Join a guild or use lfg -either by waiting for someone to make progression/training/no req group oooor by making one yourself. The content by no means is somehow "locked behind being part of [whatever] elite community", that's just false.

So please more of this anet, ty.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

optimal task with a reward thats worth 250 points.... In a game where getting gold, much gold, to craft equipment matters that much optional means you lose a way to get more gold. 

I tried the lfg now for few weeks and its fustrating. MAybe you sould read my post again to see why. As a new player lfg wont work. 

For newer players or players that focus mainly pvp or wvw its the expirance that makes this worse. Dont get me wrong but if you want someone to enjoy a game dont force him to get into this stuff. The few that like it will get there and be happy to be part of this gated community. Everyone else will be happy if they never have to deal with them.

Edited by FataMorgan.6859
  • Confused 16

18 minutes ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

optimal task with a reward thats worth 250 points.... In a game where getting gold, much gold, to craft equipment matters that much optional means you lose a way to get more gold. 

For newer players or players that focus mainly pvp or wvw its the expirance that makes this worse. Dont get me wrong but if you want someone to enjoy a game dont force him to get into this stuff. The few that like it will get there and be happy to be part of this gated community. Everyone else will be happy if they never have to deal with them.

So everyone is normally forced into single most lucrative repeated farming map/mode/event chain and the rest of the game shouldn't exist.

One time 250 aa is ~8,3g, right? Claiming that you're forced into something because of 8 gold once in 3+ months "or you're losing a way to get more gold" is straight up ridiculous.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 18

As I said before (in a thread I can't find), this is exactly what they should be doing more of  - optional extra wizard vault objectives rewards players doing specific content and might even encourage others into something new. Since it is purely optional, we should never, ever be trying to insinuate this a problem that should be removed. If it was daily or weekly maybe it would be a point, but special objectives are exactly where these tasks and rewards should exist

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

They have not done so in the past so it seems unlikely that they will do so in the future.

Also, it is not possible for players to gatekeep this content, though they may choose who they play with, just as you might in your groups for any given piece of content.

• Like 9

Just to describe how easy this "challenge" mode is: I found a group in the "experienced" tab, knowing full well I wouldn't be the only one considering "only did this on normal and then looked up a video ten minutes ago for mechanics" was good enough for "experience." I then found a group (while CO was a daily strike for the bonus goodies), signed up, told them I could DPS or ADPS... then we one-shot the boss, no deaths. Easy peasy.

For current WoW players, CO CM is easier than LFR Fyrakk on a weekend.

I'm now 8g richer, and richer still from the experience. 🙂

Edit: And nobody forces you to do anything in this or any other game, else I'd be "forced" to do WvW to get legendary weapons. Don't like it? Don't do it. ❤️ 

Edited by Kiki.9450
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

As I said before (in a thread I can't find)

Because it got locked as it became repetitive as everything that really needs to be said was said in a very small set of posts, much like this thread so far, but it devolved and "ran it course", much like this threads future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

It's optional and there's plenty of time/other WV tasks to be able to unlock all temporary/limited WV rewards each 3+ month WV reward update.

Legacy rewards tab even gives you the chance to get the temporary unique rewards you missed out on from previous WV update.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Added more and typos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

It was ME! I forced them to do it! And I'd do it again. I'D DO IT AGAIN! A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*twirls mustache, flourishes cape, jumps out window*

I KNEW IT!!! You dastardly taskmaster!  

I didn't do this one.  I joined one group but it had some issues with people not being quite truthful about their experience or skills.  I've never completed challenge mode and I'm comfortable being upfront about this and telling the comm that they are free to ask me to leave if that's not ok or if I'm causing any issues.  They were fine with it.  Not really able to be on at a time when one of my guilds might run it, and I didn't see any CM training groups.  

All that being said, it should remain in the WV.  It's purely optional.  I thought I'd give it a go since I had nothing else going one day lol, maybe someone else did the same and was successful when its something  they normally would not do! Some days I don't do all four dailies either *gasp* I know!  It's ok not to do them.  

As long as it remains in the special tab, I see no issue.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm sure my alt has a special flag or something, because I'm not doing all the dailies and weeklies there, often miss even logging on and I haven't really done any Special beyond the festival ones and strangely.. I can still play the game on that account without doing the special tasks, or even any WV task.
Such a mystery.

• Like 2

Having done all the wizards vault daily, weekly and specials throughout the season, I can tell you that it is safe to skip one special that is the strike cm. If you don’t want to play the strike cm, it is ok! That is the point of the wizards vault. You don’t have to do everything to get all the good rewards. I spent the last quarter to half of the season turning in my aa for extra gold, because I had already bought everything else. It does encourage groups and maybe even some people get into the mode easier if more groups are made. The nice thing about the special is you have all season, so if you want to do normal mode to get comfortable with it, and work on your build to get better, then you can do that and work towards the cm. If you miss the special you’re not out any special rewards.

I hope that they do put CM strikes and other things. Until CO CM was placed in the specials tab I had never tried a CM even though I am part of a strike static. I figured what the he'll and tried it with on experienced person and a bunch of semi-experienced pugs. After and hour or so we manged to beat it and the feeling was great. I hope that they add more CMs and other content to help encourage people to step out of thier comfort zone and try new things.

Incidently in regards to the original post about needing KP. I have now cleared CO CM 4 times since it became a special. All of the times were with random PUGs and not once was I asked for kill proof. In fact I am not even sure what would constitute KP for that.

• Like 4

On 2/26/2024 at 1:40 PM, FataMorgan.6859 said:

Please take a step back. Take a deep breath and ask yourself "Am I going insane?". No one is forcing you.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759
  • Like 3

CO CM is by far the easiest CM content there is currently offered. The problem is majority of the playerbase don't want to learn an actual build to their class because they are too hyperfocused on survival resulting in low dps builds but high survivability. CO CM is like entry level to CM modes but when you have players who refuse to give up the mentality of "anything works" which is ok when it is for open world content you start to wonder why it seems impossible to get into harder content calling the end game PvErs "toxic". Now I'm not saying there isn't toxic people however I have a friend who has actively taught and carried people through CO CM probably 40+ times (clears btw not even going to mention the attempts) when it was introduced into the Wizard's Vault. At this point she has memorized the exact timing and every mechanic to that fight and why things went wrong, and a lot of the time it is because players refuse to listen to how things are done and dps numbers are extremely low because again players bring their open world build into instance content expecting it to perform well let alone a CM. 

Same logic can be applied to WvW when people go with big zergs spamming buttons or worse spamming 1 not knowing what their class brings or offers and wondering why they get steamrolled. Again different content requires different set of knowledge that is how the game works.

Again it is optional content even if it is in the Wizard's Vault as you don't need to complete that to get everything you need in Wizard's Vault. 

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 3