Hell Sister

28 minutes ago, GBEW.5947 said:

what are you talking about

13 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

?

Probably something about new convergences boss, not sure if valid, didn't play yet.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

They're likely referring to her "Deadly Attraction" skill, which hits very hard(1), inflicts taunt and confusion(2), and has only one telegraph : a glowing eye symbol floating above her head (which you may not see initially, or I didn't due to having my camera more angled towards the ground to watch for her other AoEs).

The other major annoyances with this skill is that it has no AoE indicator for its range, and line of sight seems to not be effective either, if your character is facing her when this is about to hit, it will hit you if you are close enough. I've had at least two instances fighting her when she teleported to the elevated platform, was climbing up the edge on my skyscale only to have this skill hit me around the corner and knock me off.

(1) - From the few combat log readings I've gotten, this skill hits in the 15 -17K range, possibly higher if it can crit. While it should be noted that this was against characters using  Viper and Valk-Berserker gear, that is still ridiculous for one skill, and I doubt tankier sets would mitigate that by much.

(2) - The taunt and confusion by themselves don't hurt much, but last long enough to recommend a stunbreak just for them. Moreover, the taunt can potentially make your character run into her her other primary AoE, the intertwined lines of burning rocks, which also hit hard and CC (launch/pushback)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It is definitelly about convergence boss, and while I can confirm she has some attacks that both do alot of CCs and deal heavy damage (been downed multiple times by getting caught with it), and I did not notice any telegraph for this attack. not sure if there is none, or if it was obscured by other effects/ or culled by my graphical settings.

The attack I am thinking off was some sort of ground attack in vine-like pattern that would knockback you repeatedly along the line of attack with considerable amount of damage attacked to every knockback tick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

It is definitelly about convergence boss, and while I can confirm she has some attacks that both do alot of CCs and deal heavy damage (been downed multiple times by getting caught with it), and I did not notice any telegraph for this attack. not sure if there is none, or if it was obscured by other effects/ or culled by my graphical settings.

The attack I am thinking off was some sort of ground attack in vine-like pattern that would knockback you repeatedly along the line of attack with considerable amount of damage attacked to every knockback tick.

The lack of telegraphs and the fart cloud are major issues. She's as frustrating to me as Sorrow is, though for other reasons.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

One of the problems is that the target UI is locked to the top center of the screen (with no UI option to move it to the side), so if the only tell from the boss is the warning icon above the boss' head, it often gets blocked from view and is completely missed by the player. This is particularly annoying for players who play with large UI. Anet really needs to do a better job with all these clutters and poor tells.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

The lack of telegraphs and the fart cloud are major issues. She's as frustrating to me as Sorrow is, though for other reasons.

Maybe its the privilege of playing Warrior but both new Bosses feel as difficult as a Dps Golem.

Go Melee and do your rotation until its dead.  "shrug"

Other then the Boss moving around, basically nothing happens.

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Maybe its the privilege of playing Warrior but both new Bosses feel as difficult as a Dps Golem.

Ah, I wondered how they were going to balance ranged play and melee play.  I guess that making bosses ignore people within melee would do it.

• Like 2

While a stun-break is indeed useful to ignore fear, almost all of her attacks hit in a cone in front of her. Staying behind her would be easy... if only we could see her face. When you are in a bubble of 50 players, it's quite difficult to see the face of a boss (unless it's a huge flying pokémon like last wyvern. Not saying as complain though, I like its design, even if the wings cover too much the screen, in a such close ranged fight). So yes, some sort of telegraph would be better.

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Warrior with what weapon and what gear?

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Okay, after closer inspection she does have a telegraph, IT'S AUDIO! Every time she screams she does...something, and you better dodge when you hear it just to be safe, sadly sometimes she just teleports and the Dodge is wasted.

Audio telegraphs are stupid. People who have bad hearing and people, or similar are handicapped in this fight. The nearest analogy I can make is to Kanaxai. I can do every other Fractal with something running in the background whether it's music or something from Youtube, except for Kanaxai since he has a lot of audio-only telegraphs. Audio-only is okay when the warnings are in the form of something that's shown as a text bubble and when it's just a guttural sound then F that noise.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Urud.4925 said:

While a stun-break is indeed useful to ignore fear, almost all of her attacks hit in a cone in front of her. Staying behind her would be easy... if only we could see her face. When you are in a bubble of 50 players, it's quite difficult to see the face of a boss (unless it's a huge flying pokémon like last wyvern. Not saying as complain though, I like its design, even if the wings cover too much the screen, in a such close ranged fight). So yes, some sort of telegraph would be better.

Even if there are no other players it would be impossible to see her face. Even with every post-processing option turned off, she's surrounded by a fart cloud so dense that you can only see a faint outline of her body.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Okay, after closer inspection she does have a telegraph, IT'S AUDIO! Every time she screams she does...something, and you better dodge when you hear it just to be safe, sadly sometimes she just teleports and the Dodge is wasted.

Audio telegraphs are stupid. People who have bad hearing and people, or similar are handicapped in this fight. The nearest analogy I can make is to Kanaxai. I can do every other Fractal with something running in the background whether it's music or something from Youtube, except for Kanaxai since he has a lot of audio-only telegraphs. Audio-only is okay when the warnings are in the form of something that's shown as a text bubble and when it's just a guttural sound then F that noise.

Why is a visual cue, which people with poor vision might miss, okay but an audio cue which might be missed by someone with poor hearing is not?

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

I'll keep this in mind when I next fight her, which looks like it may be a while as I understand this week we're back to fighting Sorrow (and maybe Demon Knight sometimes if they didn't fix the spawn rate). Her attacks were definitely survivable for me in my squishy virt spec, but it'll be nice to actually dodge this.

I agree that certain telegraphs or mechanics need to be reconsidered for the future due to accessibility. Deaf and hard-of-hearing may struggle here due to it being audio-only, just like how using colour-only options can result in issues for the colour blind. A text bubble would resolve an otherwise audio-only telegraph, as you mentioned, and in my colour example, using different shapes as well as colours can resolve that. Just something that I hope Anet or other game developers will always try to keep in mind.

Also, heehoo funny punny. 😄

37 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Why is a visual cue, which people with poor vision might miss, okay but an audio cue which might be misssd by someone with poor hearing is not?

Only having one and not the other can be problematic, yes. That's why both are good. Noticeable audio queues can help those with poor vision, but don't leave out the deaf or hard-of-hearing either, please. Everyone deserves a reasonable chance to feel as though they can play well within their ability.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Only having one and not the other can be problematic, yes. That's why both are good. Noticeable audio queues can help those with poor vision, but don't leave out the deaf or hard-of-hearing either, please. Everyone deserves a reasonable chance to feel as though they can play well within their ability.

Both sounds good to me. I was just curious as to why the other poster seemed to be okay with just visual cues but not with just audio.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Both sounds good to me. I was just curious as to why the other poster seemed to be okay with just visual cues but not with just audio.

How did you get that? My posts up until that point are complaining about the lack of visual clues and that one is about how the fight only has audio clues for a lot of her attacks, and it's the same one regardless of what she's doing. None of them even implied "visual only" and you have to have an extremely deceitful interpretation to get that result.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Ah, I wondered how they were going to balance ranged play and melee play.  I guess that making bosses ignore people within melee would do it.

That would also fail as all ranged are already in melee range due to how the performance system works. If the ranged in an engineer then they'll by default be in melee range as a lot of their traits only work when within 420 Units of the target.

• Confused 1

Similar to a another response I made... to what end?  Is Hellsister consistently failing as a result?  While I've had Hellsister only maybe 6 times now (all Public, and as recently as this morning) they have all been successful... And completed in the same general time frame as all of the other public convergence bosses, 25-28 minutes.  While I agree that some are a little more tedious/challenging than others, ultimately the end result has been consistent; the convergence is completed successfully within that general time frame...

Is the feeling that these are too long and should be completable at the 15 minute mark?  

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Similar to a another response I made... to what end?  Is Hellsister consistently failing as a result?  While I've had Hellsister only maybe 6 times now (all Public, and as recently as this morning) they have all been successful... And completed in the same general time frame as all of the other public convergence bosses, 25-28 minutes.  While I agree that some are a little more tedious/challenging than others, ultimately the end result has been consistent; the convergence is completed successfully within that general time frame...

Is the feeling that these are too long and should be completable at the 15 minute mark?  

No, she's just kittening annoying and I see more people die on Hell Sister than I've ever seen die on Sorrow, it's mostly Zojja there. Just because something works there's no reason that wanting it to work better is bad.

I mean, by your reasoning Kanaxai CM was okay at release was okay sometimes and succeeded if you went through hoops. That never consistently failed either, only most of the time, unless of course you with "consistently" means "a figure subjectively to me"  since it by the objective definition of "consistent" (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/consistent) was severely inconsistent.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

That never consistently failed either, only most of the time, unless of course you with "consistently" means "a figure subjectively to me"  since it by the objective definition of "consistent" (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/consistent) was severely inconsistent.

Well, of course I only have my experience... as I expect you only have yours?  Unless that data is published somewhere that I am unaware... I personally have experienced 32/33 successful Public convergences, completed within the aforementioned time-frame.  That was my point of reference for consistency, which I also qualified with "end result"... There are no doubt many who have significantly more experience; would be interesting to understand if I have just been fortunate, or what their experience has been...

8 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Just because something works there's no reason that wanting it to work better is bad.

Fair enough... I was just asking for the reasoning and point behind it... which presumably is because... you have seen more people die during the instance.

19 minutes ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Fair enough... I was just asking for the reasoning and point behind it... which presumably is because... you have seen more people die during the instance.

Yeah I have, and so would you if you look around because if people get caught in the lines they die. The first cast stuns you, unless you can break out you die since the lines will then cast two or three spikes that knock you around, stun you, and deal massive damage with each spike.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

There are no ranged builds on these fights. Always be in hug range.

3 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

Warrior with what weapon and what gear?

Note: For Fun openworld Build <---

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAgmJlJwSYTMK2JO+P/veA-DSRYBRHnzcQxnRtShKUBK+2QRGg6zYPo/mUgBIZ6RQFA-e