what your guess about LEG ARMOR variant cost?

Arm, leg, firstborn child, and you have to foster a cat for 1 year.

Also probably some weird timegated item that people will find an exploit for that Anet will have to hastily disable and patch.

Maybe another 3-6 amalgamated kryptis essence (per piece) and a crackton more ecto, with a dusting of lucent motes for good measure.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Easiest to obtain Legendary armor, might as well be expensive, even if only by ~15%.

Well, T1 is already legendary, so now it's purely about the skin. Having said that, they might make it even more expensive just for the "long-term goals" bit. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Easiest to obtain Legendary armor, might as well be expensive, even if only by ~15%.

I meant that the Obsidian Armor sets are not worth it, because their in-game version is darn ugly, and any gold and/or other resources spent on it are a waste. 😉 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10

Sure, they could let us just farm more essences. If they do, I would bet on Purified Kryptis Essences. Maybe some Obsidian Shards so the name of the armor is a bit more justified. The only underused item so far are is Unstable Kryptis Motivation so maybe it gets some sort of real value. My guess is they aim for something like the Aurene variants, so around 300-400g  or less.

I do hope they combine it with a decent lore achievement that sends you on a small quest.

Edited by Drake.4152
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I meant that the Obsidian Armor sets are not worth it, because their in-game version is darn ugly, and any gold and/or other resources spent on it are a waste. 😉 

yes, and unfortunately mine is heavy =/

The shoulders is the worst offender.

Why they didnt used just a Triumphant Armor or Luminate armor reskin? they proportions are closest to "perfect".

Its seems they think Decade armor was a sucess.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I like legendary armor because unlimited builds and stuff on all chars, plus free reskins. Just took my headstart necro, that I haven't ever played, and had her decked out in full gear for power reaper in a couple mins because of my legendaries. 😂

I have the light raid armor. It's hideous. My skin collection gets put to good use on it lol

• Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 4:00 AM, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Arm, leg, firstborn child, and you have to foster a cat for 1 year.

Also probably some weird timegated item that people will find an exploit for that Anet will have to hastily disable and patch.

Maybe another 3-6 amalgamated kryptis essence (per piece) and a crackton more ecto, with a dusting of lucent motes for good measure.

and mist nodules you can only make during strikes by doing a jumping puzzle before the boss dies

• Haha 1

You've to sacrifice some kittens to the mystic forge. More of the usual legendary crafting materials. Anything to keep you logging in and chase the carrot dangling from a stick. At least until expansion 5.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207

10 hours ago, irishking.8956 said:

Just please don't make me do fractals then i will most likely pass on crafting the tier 2 version. 

Well, Fractals is not OW content, so then it wouldn't be OW legendary armor anymore, though, I'm not sure if Anet themselves ever called it OW legendary armor.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, irishking.8956 said:

Just please don't make me do fractals then i will most likely pass on crafting the tier 2 version. 

It won't be fractals stuff. It will be SotO/generic things instead. Likely a truckload of essences, ecto, and research notes in addition to the usual legendary stuff.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 4:54 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well, Fractals is not OW content, so then it wouldn't be OW legendary armor anymore, though, I'm not sure if Anet themselves ever called it OW legendary armor.

well we needed Stabilizing Matrix's and Balls of dark energy to craft it so I wouldn't put it past them

• Like 1

I need Aurene's weapon variable system for this. If I have to grind those tedious Rifts again, I'm not even bothering. I only made one Obsidian set, and I'm done with metas, currency farming, and those awful, poorly designed SOTO maps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4