[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Sounds solid, not just for the books we can keep in our inventory, but for any important readable book in the game, a bookshelf that upon interaction opens up a list of all of the books we have previously read (or at least interacted with).

There's so many stories and lore info included in them that it would be great to have an easy way to access in-game. 

Could be both a conversation style list or (what I think is best) a material storage type list. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys, I'm a GW2 veteran who wants to share some ideas thought over the years to see if anyone else here agrees and if so - maybe -  someday they can get in the game. I have to say that I play most pve, so my opinions will be influenced by this game mode.

General things:

• Removal of the transmutation charges: I don't know if there's a significant profit from selling these, most veterans I know have tons of it stocked and, right now, it's a system that punishes mostly new players (with the new Wizard's Vault this can be even more punishing);
  • "Long skirt" skins: I saw a lot of posts asking for this, it's basically the kind of armor that is on the mesmer's promo image (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer) or that Countess Anise wears (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Countess_Anise). I saw some human npcs with it, so maybe there's some kind of limitation to Charrs and Asuras?

Profession specific things

Mesmer

• Rework of scepter skills: to me it's such a wasted potential for a ranged condi weapon alternative to staff.
  • Tides of Time (shield 5): it should return to give alacrity or quickness (even with lower duration) so mesmer will be able to buff when without adds or when the adds have low health.
  • Add another power melee weapon - maybe rifle will be it... GS and dagger are ranged, so who knows?

Necromancer

• Add some bone-themed skills, please. Maybe sword will bring some, but bone spear and bone wall are iconic necromantic rpg abilities, and some bone walls already exists in the game.

Thief

• Shadow refuge rework: to me it feels frustrating having to use specific utility and weapon skills to share stealth when there's Stealth Gyro (who adds stealth with more duration). I'm not asking for a nerf on the Gyro, I'm asking for a thief alternative because it feels right giving stealth as thief. My suggestion is to morph shadow refuge into a mobile pulsing stealth field.
  • Specter wells: please let us remove the shadowstep from the wells. Maybe add a trait that empower wells but remove its shadowstep, buffing both condi and heal specter. It is frustrating not be able to use it because of pathing issues. I'm not asking for it to be removed completely because maybe pvpers and wvwers may use it. And while we're here, add stunbreak in a well please.
  • Endless night (scepter/pistol 3): let this skill hit in a chain pattern, both allies and enemies. This will improve both dps and heal specter, while amplifying its cleaving capacity.

Guardian

• Add a ranged condi weapon (maybe pistol will be it).

Revenant

• Modifications to the energy system: I like rev the way it's now but it could be better, sometimes it feels too much for so little. Thief 's weapon skills, for instance, costs initiative but in return they have no cooldown and utility only have coolowns. Rev skills have cooldown and energy cost, making a gameplay where you can't burst all because you may need to heal or cleanse, or can't dps because you used a utility. My suggestion is to make weapon skills free of energy cost.
  • Ventari buff: such a wasted potential for a heal support with a unique gameplay. I know that it was already been buffed, right now players are working and maybe a good build comes out of it, but it should be able to dish out more buffs to compete with another healers, maybe make the utility skills happens around the tablet and the revenant, with targets only be able to benefit from one source (like scourge shades).

• Idea for a new spec: I do know they already said that we'll not get new elite specs, but this is something I've been wanting for a long time and someone can dream, right? My idea is a "elementalist revenant", but instead of attuning to the elements, attuning to the four Spirits of the Wild. Each spirt could be themed around a role (support/healer, support/tank, condi dps and power dps), the utility skills could be glyphs and the elite glyph would give a stat buff and morphs you into the avatar of the attuned spirt (somewhat like norn's elite skill), draining energy to remain in that form (and changing weapons skills if feeling like a true shapeshifter spec). If a legend is necessary, could be Jora. The name could be Havroun or Shaman.

That's it for what I remember, I apologize for the long text. I hope you guys read it and if you think that they are good ideas, maybe it can be in the game someday.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

WvW Simple NamePlates - This was implemented a long time ago. I have been waiting for the PVE variant for a while. Can we expect to see this anytime soon for PVE?

• Green indicator - Ally
  • Orange- Guildmate
  • Color - Friend
  • Color- Other

My FPS will thank you. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Acherus.4658 said:

Removal of the transmutation charges: I don't know if there's a significant profit from selling these, most veterans I know have tons of it stocked and, right now, it's a system that punishes mostly new players (with the new Wizard's Vault this can be even more punishing);

I'm kind of indifferent on this since I'm one of the people who has never bought transmutation charges and never felt like I had to save them or couldn't transmute something when I wanted to. But on the same basis it seems pointless to me to sell them (I know Anet would never tell us but I'd love to know how many they actually sell) and therefore pointless to restrict them.

Maybe they could do what Elder Scrolls Online does and charge gold for transmutations, so there's still a cost (and hypothetically someone might convert gems to gold to do it) but it's not a seperate currency just for restricting transmutation.

21 minutes ago, Acherus.4658 said:

"Long skirt" skins: I saw a lot of posts asking for this, it's basically the kind of armor that is on the mesmer's promo image (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer) or that Countess Anise wears (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Countess_Anise). I saw some human npcs with it, so maybe there's some kind of limitation to Charrs and Asuras?

Anise's outfit is in the game, it's called Exemplar Attire (and yes it works on charr and asura). I don't think the exact skirt from the mesmer promo exists, the nearest I could find is the Winged Pants or light Whisper's Secret Leggings. There's quite a few light arour skins with long skirts (usually the complaint about light armour is that it's hard to find stuff without a skirt).

The one I see commonly requested is this dress, which several human NPCs wear. That (like a lot of NPC clothing) isn't available and probably only exists for human characters, since I've never seen anyone else wearing it. But if that's the case I'd like them to do something like the Common Clothing, Cook's and Wedding outfits where it's completely different for each race.

• Thanks 1

Please open EXPRESS STORE💨 for new Purple Gems 🧼 (bought with only actual money, not gold) 

I think we should have two kinds of GEMS, blues can work same, but new Purple ones, would enable us to buy ANY gemstore item immediately. (also purple can be exchanged for gold as blue)

Why;
- Some people wait for months for the item they want, in that time they can make gold and exchange with blue gems, which is takes a longer time for players, and anet doesn't make money from it.

But if we can have new "PURPLE" gems 🧼, which allow us to get any gemstore item immediately, players won't wait, anet would make money. 😁🤝😄 Win Win for everyone

*Plus, please consider, people don't have enough time to follow gemstore, if Purple not possible then make express store with +20% price

Edited by Kunzal.5640
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kunzal.5640 said:

Please open EXPRESS STORE💨 for new Purple Gems 🧼 (bought with only actual money, not gold) 

I think we should have two kinds of GEMS, blues can work same, but new Purple ones, would enable us to buy ANY gemstore item immediately. (also purple can be exchanged for gold as blue)

Why;
- Some people wait for months for the item they want, in that time they can make gold and exchange with blue gems, which is takes a longer time for players, and anet doesn't make money from it.

But if we can have new "PURPLE" gems 🧼, which allow us to get any gemstore item immediately, players won't wait, anet would make money. 😁🤝😄 Win Win for everyone

*Plus, please consider, people don't have enough time to follow gemstore, if Purple not possible then make express store with +20% price

How do you not have time to glance at the gemstore sticky it takes 1 min a day.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Title of this suggestion is Extra Hero point used as currency
Only available when you have already unlock everything once on a toon and have the "Been There Done That" title.

Make it an item for sale from all the scouts with a telescope. After they tell you about the area, if you are carrying the "been there done that" title, they will offer you option to unlock

waypoint on the entire map for 10 hero's point.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

Title of this suggestion is Extra Hero point used as currency
Only available when you have already unlock everything once on a toon and have the "Been There Done That" title.

Make it an item for sale from all the scouts with a telescope. After they tell you about the area, if you are carrying the "been there done that" title, they will offer you option to unlock

waypoint on the entire map for 10 hero's point.

If the character has already unlocked everything on the map (and have the title Been There Done That), why would they need to unlock any Waypoints on the map? 😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If the character has already unlocked everything on the map (and have the title Been There Done That), why would they need to unlock any Waypoints on the map? 😕

once you unlock the title Been there Done that, all your toon can wear it.
And that is exactly the point, i my character already unlocked everything on the map why should I be made to unlock it on all my toons that comes later. 

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Idea:
Give the ability to trade the cosmetic account-bound infusions for respective basic account-bound infusion versions.

Examples:
One of the vendors in Fractals/Mistlock Sanctuary allows the player to convert Fractal-relevant infusions
Abyssal Infusion with +Condition Damage > Malign +9 Agony Infusion
Celestial Infusion (Red) with +Power > Mighty +9 Agony Infusion
Mote of Darkness with +Precision > Precise +9 Agony Infusion
Etc.
One of the vendors in Eye of the North allows you to trade Deldrimor Stoneskin Infusions
The Bauble Infusions at SAB Vendors
However, I'd suggest making the Bauble Infusions purchasable from the SAB vendors for a deal that is carefully considered, relative to the other +9 Agony Infusions in the game; obviously locking the ability to purchase them behind the related collection achievements.

This change will not impact most negatively, and will allow players to utilize earned infusions that would otherwise impact an appearance negatively.

There are some players out there that would be affected by the ability to purchase extra Bauble Infusions, by having the achievement of having more than 3 Bauble Infusions rendered pointless.
However, the ability to obtain more than 3 infusions is if the players abused the Support System to get otherwise unobtainable amounts of Bauble Infusions.

This concludes my suggestion, thank you for reading.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

[NOVELTY] Raincloud/Nimbus

Small raincloud that hangs above you pooring rain, follows with a delay when you move and then hangs above you again.

[Skills]

Thunder - cloud rumbles and flashes and occasionally zaps you.

Umbrella- You put up an umbrella and although the rain keeps pooring from it, you are dry. Use thunder while using umbrella and it incinerates.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

once you unlock the title Been there Done that, all your toon can wear it.
And that is exactly the point, i my character already unlocked everything on the map why should I be made to unlock it on all my toons that comes later. 

Because those other 'toons' are rewarded with Gift of Exploration, as well as map rewards. 

• Confused 1

I assume this has been discussed and worked around in house already, but trait system overhaul again...

I think that and/or some way for people to really dive into what they want to do would be nice. Instead of the picking the best trait because it's the best and that's boring system we have now at least look to make everything even across the board. If every build selects the trait, move it to the automatic middle ones. I think the choices would be better off if it was specific to something like someone was complaining about how they wanna give boons with wells and not clones on chronomancer or something in a Dragon's End I ran today. Why not make it so you have traits one that focuses on boons given with wells, one with clones, and one with insert something else. Try to balance those around but then they can pick what they want to do to fulfill their role.

I think the whole thing can be just trashed and something better figured out and I am guessing if SOTO doesn't surprise us with it then the 5th expansion will. I think there's a way to make it all much easier to balance and give players more actual choices.

From LWS2 through Ice Brood Saga Home instance nodes were made available for users to potentially invest in that corresponded with some material or currency that related to the latest episode of the story. However after Icebrood Saga with EoD there wasn't any Living World season and the recent announcements seem to indicate that ANet is moving away  from that model of content.

I'd like to ask that the home instances not be forgotten in the change of business/story telling models. Please release new nodes/chests to continue expanding on our home instances. Thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't know why weapon effects from legendaries were removed from being displayed when we /emote, ride on our mounts, or sit in chairs.  This was one of the best features, and someone went out of their way to remove this from the game.  Please consider putting it back as I've known many people in the past craft specific legendaries in order to display their effects in this manner.

• Like 1

Please bring this back! It allowed you to express yourself in so many more ways! I don't know why it would be removed. It was a massive positive for the player experience.

And please allow us to emote with our weapons out again!!! It was so cool. I can't believe it was removed.