[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Hello, Im a veteran of this game and always loved it! Been bit far away recently but as I can I will always get back to it! Played from begenning through all expansions and there is one thing I really miss and would like to see this appearing.

Any chance we can choose the character screen soundtrack among the previous ones that we had over the years and expansions? I really miss the original soundtrack in the character screen. I can't recall the name right now. But I think it would be really cool to have the option to choose the soundtrack and perhaps even the background image between all the ones we had over the years.... Pretty please? Thank you for reading :)

9 minutes ago, Jabu Jabu.3971 said:

Hello, Im a veteran of this game and always loved it! Been bit far away recently but as I can I will always get back to it! Played from begenning through all expansions and there is one thing I really miss and would like to see this appearing.

Any chance we can choose the character screen soundtrack among the previous ones that we had over the years and expansions? I really miss the original soundtrack in the character screen. I can't recall the name right now. But I think it would be really cool to have the option to choose the soundtrack and perhaps even the background image between all the ones we had over the years.... Pretty please? Thank you for reading 🙂

From the Wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#User_Interface

• Like 2

Hello, is there a way to make the profession/specialization icon, the one that appears right next to your target's portrait, appear with profession coloration in game? I'm asking if there is a way to make the icons appear in game the same way it appears on the below wiki page. When I try to pvp/wvw, it's difficult to tell exactly what profession I'm targeting at a glance sometimes, and I feel like having the profession colors on their icon would help with this greatly. Thank you!!

Wiki page showing colored icons:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Profession_icons#Preferred_icons

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1. Dyeable Legendary backpacks
  2. Dyeable weapons (or at least Legendary weapons)
  3. Better LFG UI system
  4. LET PEOPLE PLAY WITH THEIR FRIENDS/PARTY MEMBERS IN WvW REGARDLESS OF THE FACTION/GUILD THEY JOINED IN.
  5. New WvW maps/gamemodes (maybe finally implement alliances?)
  6. Universal in-game currency exchange, interchangeable with other currencies like FOREX since it is almost impossible to just unify everything in 1 single currency. (Ex.  I got kitten ton of Karma, please let me exchange a portion of them for provision tokens. 😛)
  7. Customizeable order of characters in character select
  8. Maybe actually create a game mode called "Guild Wars" where guilds can war with each other regardless of what world the player is in???
  9. Please anet stop with the "Do PvE events to progress the story" stuff you did in SoTO
  10. Legendary crafting component directly drop from dungeons/fractal/raid/world/hard world bosses if an achievement is active instead of exchanging them to an NPC
  • Confused 2

Wishlist:

• Roll equipment, wardrobe and dye windows into a single UI
  • Easier copying of dye selections to other templates
  • Equipment slot toggles per template instead of global
  • Toggle or separate Raven Ceremonial Gown (and other similar cases) leg armor skins with and without skirt for all armor weights
  • UI status indicator for ground target snapping and autotarget
  • Hotkey toggle for instant/fast AOE targetting (ideally with UI status indicator)
Edited by Morgoth Bauglyr.9726
  • Sad 1

Any chance we get a way to "break down" item back into their currencies. Mostly just like anything from a seasonal festival e.g. candy corn pieces from candy corn cob. 

The baubles already have this mechanic of just adding the option to convert the bauble bubbles back at the vendor. 

Guild Related Stuff: (apologies for any double typed letters, water spazzed my keyboard)

While the Guild Hall is really cool and I can understand why there's no wizard one, I feel like guilds have some things lacking. The three biggest things are:

1. Guild Missions
  2. Guild Material Storage
  3. Guild Commendations

So for the first one, I would love to see various guild missions added. Perhaps they go in conjunction with the lore or perhaps they're added with each expansion to enhance the core game since I believe guild missions had to be done within the core game (please let me know if I'm wrong). That way it was always inclusive to any new players and every player who plays the game. But, as we have Joko minions and scarlet invasion throughout parts of Tyria as well as rifts to hunt, I think added in new bounties, challenges, races, or puzzles in guild missions would be great. Obviously, this is more centered towards PvE. I do not know what else you could do for WvW and if anyone wants to piggy back and suggest, I'd be open to that.

Number two is a big gripe because I love scribing and making decorations, but it doesn't actually feel like a guild effort. It feels like I have to make everything and rely on myself to make everything. Sure others can scribe as well, but getting them leveled up can be expensive. If we as a guild had a spot to deposit that stuff into, it ccould help- others level up but also help them deposit the lower tier items that may be needed. It seems small but it would be a HUGE QoL imo. 

Adding to that, you could make it so you level up the material storage without money. Only partially with gold if you so choose. But you resonating slivers (which dear god I max out all the time) and various scribing items as well as Aetherium, Favor, or even utilize Influence somehow. Many of these have fallen to the wayside and I feel like they haave no point and don't incentivize people to do guild missions outside of commendations.

That segues into: Guild Commendations. I do feel they're under utilized or that they're spending cap is a little weird. Perhaps allowing for another sink or instead of a random daily 3 items you can buy, allow us to choose from the full list but make the maximum 5. It also allows people to go through commendations faster, therefore incentivizing guild missions again. Yes, you can go through 21 in a week technically (3/day) from the capped vendor. More from others.

All-in-all, I think some guild stuff needs refreshing. I love playing with my guild. We do strikes and raids and guild missions on occasion as well as some Open World. But, I feel like there could be a bit more QoL there. I LOVED the changes to the guild arena where you essentially did what the reflection gh bug did. It makes life so much easier. Altho, for some reason we can't open the boundary in that one. Let me kill my guildmates in a hole ty.

ETA: Please let us put the guild decorations for the arena outside of the arena. I make deadly jumping puzzle for my guild and this would be wonderfully evil and would also allow for some fun building. ty

ETA (again): could we maybe get more mistlock instabilities added to the fractal console in the guild hall? that would also help make some of my events more fun... like soccer xD

Edited by shinkamalei.2574
  • Like 2

In starting zones each time there is a small outpost with z crafting benches there could be also a trading post guy, generally crafting without direct access to tradimg delivery could be hard, as we need always to buy something extra. And witout trade guy crafting benches are pointless. Nobody will use them anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hello Anet Dev Team,

Please give some thought into how jarring/grating the ambient sounds of both the Mystic Forge and Waypoints are for most players.    Not only the sound but the sound radius of these locations are very large.  for example, when in the thousand seas pavilion main area and standing by the side vendors,  you still here this grating mystic forge sound - I have to mute every time.  Armistice Bastion is the same way.  

I know i can turn down Environment Volume, but then i miss out on other location sounds.

Please consider in a future patch to either or both change the sounds of these locations and vastly reduce the radius that you hear them. 

On a positive note, Anet got the  Waypoint sound right at EOD Waypoints.   this way point sound is much much better thanTyria Waypoints.

worst case, please add a key bind for muting game sound.

Thank you for reading and considering this request.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In King of the Jungle meta event with killing chaks, there is a situation that you can kill all lanes with 10min left. And there is just waiting for wall to crumble, You can always search map for crystal cachest or maybe some events, but it is also a bit stupid. So maybe there could be a feautre that once you kill all 4 there is 60 sec left to end event. So it will end faster? Once the event is completed the event is completed to.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Greetings!

I was thinking about an option to colour, or to choose a colour for a mouse button. Its often hard to see it, I often lose it. I don't think it would be that difficult to apply that option, maybe similar to commander tag, to choose from 6-8 colours? Would help me out a lot. I don't like 3rd party software, add-ons, I prefer it to be in the game itself. Thank you for your reply. 

Best regards,

AeshA

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Legendary Recipe Tracker:

Add a tab in hero panel or somewhere else where the player can track Legendary recipe progress, eg. how many materials are remaining to be gathered for completing each gift.

It could be similar to Achievement tracker.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, evilcat.6817 said:

In King of the Jungle meta event with killing chaks, there is a situation that you can kill all lanes with 10min left. And there is just waiting for wall to crumble, You can always search map for crystal cachest or maybe some events, but it is also a bit stupid. So maybe there could be a feautre that once you kill all 4 there is 60 sec left to end event. So it will end faster? Once the event is completed the event is completed to.

Besides that I think the chak gerents should spawn 4 "great" chak caches that can drop the chak infusion after their death. Auric Basin meta has 5 chests that can drop the infusion and this way they would be equal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/26/2024 at 1:20 PM, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Luckily, there's a great way of not ending up overflowing with them: not doing rifts. I made a single weight class of armor and I managed the different essences in such a way I never got stuck with too many of any type. I opened nuggets and rift containers for random essences and balanced out the amounts I needed by opening the convergence hero's choice chests that let you pick one essence type. I only started unpacking containers when I was ready to craft the armor. I still have plenty left for another weight class but I don't think the remaining skins are worth it. Saving them to upgrade my one armor to t2, assuming that requires essences.

I hope the next tier is a bit brighter. The heavy t1 armor looks very dull in low light, with hardly any contrast between the color channels, even when using extremely bright dyes. A bit disappointing. 

The problem are the t3 essences since you cant spend them on anything else besides crafting legendary armor. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, AeshA.2743 said:

Greetings!

I was thinking about an option to colour, or to choose a colour for a mouse button. Its often hard to see it, I often lose it. I don't think it would be that difficult to apply that option, maybe similar to commander tag, to choose from 6-8 colours? Would help me out a lot. I don't like 3rd party software, add-ons, I prefer it to be in the game itself. Thank you for your reply. 

Best regards,

AeshA

There's this option, if you were not aware:

• Cursor Contrast — Select the contrast to use for the mouse cursor by default.
    • Drop-down options include "Off" (disabled), "Low" (outline only), and "High" (additionally with a circumscribing circle effect)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Graphics_Options

On 4/1/2024 at 4:55 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the Wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#User_Interface

Woooooooooowww amazing!!!! When was this implemented? Missed Lion's Arch music, thank you so much 😄

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone's suggested this yet.  I'd -almost- put this in Bugs except it did get changed a little already.

Regarding the "yoga" section of the Amnytas meta, specifically the hotkeys:

There is very little feedback to let you know which move you have tapped.  Originally there was nothing, you couldn't even be sure you'd hit the correct key.  Now there's a brief flash but then no indicator while you are channeling the move.  Yes, your animation should tell you, but you're in a stack of other characters and, if you're like me, you're very zoomed out so it can be difficult or impossible to see your character.  On top of that I consistently have UI things vanish during the SotO metas, usually just parts of my mount, then all of my mount, but sometimes my hotkeys turn invisible within their borders.  Even with visible icons on the hotbar, if I'm not watching for the little flash it can feel like pressing my key did nothing, as if I were lagged.

It helps that Dagda always does the same sequence, and it is definitely great that she has a colored orb plus her giant projection turns the correct color.  Would it be possible to have more indication on the hotkey that you have in fact hit it and are still channeling that move?  Perhaps a brighter border around the key while channeling would be enough; a full on animated pulse would be a bit much with everything else going on.

• Like 2

Dear ArenaNet Team
I would like to open a post containing ideas that I hope can be implemented economically. I am looking forward to other ideas from other people. please keep in mind that ideas such as new classes are complex to balance or new races may require a new customization for each individual skin. these two examples I would not consider economical. 😉

as an introduction to this topic, i would like to give you an example:

From level 80 you still get experience. what if i could increase an attribute by 0.1% per level after 80? attributes don't necessarily have to include strength, healing power or vitality but could also be running speed outside of combat (perhaps limited to pve only). that would make leveling (or experience) worthwhile again. 
Perhaps only the armor runes or sigils could be improved by a small value. (cooldown time, duration of an effect, or generally a weapon sigil that can be leveled). 

Conclusion: do something with the experience so that leveling after 80 is worthwhile and promises long-term motivation.

I am looking forward to your contribution! please only leave ideas and not a discussion about whether you like something or not. the aim here is to collect ideas about what promises to be an effective future change in gw and financially attractive for arenanet. 🙂😘👍

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Erysium.4501 said:

From level 80 you still get experience. what if i could increase an attribute by 0.1% per level after 80? attributes don't necessarily have to include strength, healing power or vitality but could also be running speed outside of combat (perhaps limited to pve only). that would make leveling (or experience) worthwhile again.

I have to say it, just in case, but experience gained after level 80 is not lost.
Setting aside masteries, which require experience to progress, each time you get 254000 experience, you gain a Spirit Shard.
While not much on their own, those Shards are still required for :
- crafting legendary weapons or armors (through mystic clovers, acquired mostly via trade or the mystic forge, which require shards)
- Stat-swapping of ascended weapons and armors
- A huge bunch of unique skins (Mystic Weapons, Mist weapons, Riftstalker's weapons, Blosssoming Mist Shard armor, Salvation, True Mettle, ascended quivers, Antonina, Ambrosia, Eidolon, Cragstone, The Anomaly ...)
- And a number of Guild Upgrades

• Like 4