[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Let me rephrase how I understood your proposal now:

If the account has an char that already mastered a specific elite:

• The restriction that core-specialization must be completely trained before that elite can be started is removed
  • The restriction that elite-specs must go into slot 3 must be changed as well (e.g. they must go into slot 1 instead), as slot 3 you only get at lvl 71 and you want it with lvl 30.

Is that your proposal? If yes, the only remaining question for me is: Is that worth the effort, i.e. how many people need that? Veteran don't need it, as they jump from 2 to 80 anyway. And I would not recommend it to non veterans, you better get all 9 different classes before you start duplicate classes.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Let me rephrase how I understood your proposal now:

If the account has an char that already mastered a specific elite:

• The restrition that core-specialization must be completely trained before that elite can be started is removed
  • The restriction that elite-specs must go into slot 3 must be changed as well (e.g. they must go into slot 1 instead), as slot 3 you only get at lvl 71 and you want it with lvl 30.

Is that your proposal? If yes, the only remaining question for me is: Is that worth the effort, i.e. how many people need that? Veteran don't needs it, as they jump from 2 to 80 anyway. And I would not recommend it to non veterans, you better get all 9 different classes before you start duplicate classes.

im a vet been playing since launch. to me it would be worth it. would love to goof off with elites i already unlocked on another race. lets keep it real most of the core stuff i don't even use. would rather just put the hero points in the things i do use. if people find it to easy then they can spec into an elite at level 80 instead of doing it at a low level. if i have to sit threw the story over and over again i would like to goof off. yes you understand what im saying now

Edited by trunks.5249
  • Confused 6

25 minutes ago, trunks.5249 said:

im a vet been playing since launch. to me it would be worth it. would love to goof off with elites i already unlocked on another race. lets keep it real most of the core stuff i don't even use. would rather just put the hero points in the things i do use. if people find it to easy then they can spec into an elite at level 80 instead of doing it at a low level. if i have to sit threw the story over and over again i would like to goof off. yes you understand what im saying now

You dont have to sit through the story after level 2 mate.

And if you cant do a 2-6 min  opening instance then maybe you should not make more characters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, trunks.5249 said:

. no lets say i want a druid i would have to do all the work all over again before i could unlock druid at 30 on a different toon. not like we didn't put the work in consider it a reward. nothing to do with farming hero points just the ability to unlock and use it early.

Isn't that what these are for?  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Knowledge

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trunks.5249 said:

The issue here is not you wanting to goof off at level 30, it's the entire rework and redesign which would have to go into this only so you can "goof off" for 10-12 hours before your new character reaches 80 again.

Let's summarize what would have to get changed:

1. You'd need access to your 3rd trait line at level 30

2. You'd need a ton of free mastery points, or a mastery point cost reduction of equivalent amount

3. Elite specializations would have to be made available before you've skilled through core

Even only some of these issues are problematic and might be confusing to some players (especially new ones). Some of them invalidate the little character progression that is already present.

Meanwhile if you want to goof off as veteran and really feel the need to sit through the story again, thanks to scaling, you can easily do so at 80. Boost your new character (tomes, level up scrolls, etc) unlock some mastery points (even easier if you have some scrolls of heroics feom WvW) and goof around on that character instead of a massive redesign which serves almost no purpose.

I'm just not seeing the value here. Even then at best it will take a few hours to hit level 80 again as mentioned.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I would like a way to use my eternal ice shards without using karma, and the Sweet Campfire Treat seems like it could solve this problem. How about increasing the eternal ice shard price of the Sweet Campfire Treats and taking away the karma cost? The Sweet Campfire Treat doesn't do anything, just looks cozy and is nice to put down and enjoy with a few friends/strangers, so it's strange that it costs the same as 10 Mistborn Motes (and other similar things). I would really appreciate it if the Sweet Campfire Treats cost no karma and only eternal ice shards.

• Sad 1

I'm not quite sure where to put this but i'll just write it here and I hope a dev reads it.

Could it please be possible for the male model of the Raven Ceremonial garb pants to change the dye-zones a little bit? Right now the feathers are linked to the top band, which means that if you want black raven feathers, you're always tied to a black top band. Fashion-wise this is quite terrible. Please change it so that either:

1) the feathers share the same dye-zone as the middle stripe. this makes it at least possible to have black feathers and a leathery topband, or

2) remove the middle stripe as a dyable zone and reserve that new dye zone for the feathers only.
3) make it so the middle stripe and the feathers swap places. so the middle stripe colors with the top band and the other leathery parts and the feathers can have their own zone

Again I know it's a minute detail but it's quite devasting for my male sylvari. The female version of the raven ceremonial garb pants is all okay and has it set up like this, with a separate dye category for the feathers. but the male version doesn't and links the color of the feathers to the massive top band which causes a lot of fashion troubles.

edit: While you're at it, *PLEASE* change the extremely odd way that colors apply to the middle stripe. if you color it Red Lion, it turns out soft orange. if you color it Green Lion it turns out cyan. if you color it Pyre it turns out green. If you color it Destroyer Orange you get citrus color. I have no idea what's going on in that department but it makes it extremely annoying to find a good color for the middle stripe.

Edited by Darth Pooh.5638
  • Sad 1

Is it possible to add dye channels for backpieces that are part of glider sets? There are a number of backpack/glider sets- such as the Branded Relic Package, or the Moth Wings Glider Combo, where the glider has dye channels but the backpack does not. I won't presume that they use the *same* models between the backpiece and glider, or dye channel configuration could be copied over, but I feel it would be a huge improvement for these sets.

Currently, it's quite a sore point for character customization that the gliders can be any color...but can't match the backpiece, so if you intend to use the combination for the nice animation and theme experience it provides, you're shoehorned into using the default colors. There's also a lot of room for character customization fantasy in these, too; for example, the Branded Relic Glider can be dyed and styled for themes like Aurene, Bloodstone, Jade Tech, Void Jade, Icebrood, Destroyer, or of course Branded just by changing the colors with dye channels that are already there. In contrast...the backpiece can *only* appear as branded since it is undyeable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Plushie Knight.4209 said:

Is it possible to add dye channels for backpieces that are part of glider sets? There are a number of backpack/glider sets- such as the Branded Relic Package, or the Moth Wings Glider Combo, where the glider has dye channels but the backpack does not. I won't presume that they use the *same* models between the backpiece and glider, or dye channel configuration could be copied over, but I feel it would be a huge improvement for these sets.

Currently, it's quite a sore point for character customization that the gliders can be any color...but can't match the backpiece, so if you intend to use the combination for the nice animation and theme experience it provides, you're shoehorned into using the default colors. There's also a lot of room for character customization fantasy in these, too; for example, the Branded Relic Glider can be dyed and styled for themes like Aurene, Bloodstone, Jade Tech, Void Jade, Icebrood, Destroyer, or of course Branded just by changing the colors with dye channels that are already there. In contrast...the backpiece can *only* appear as branded since it is undyeable.

They did say they would not go back and add it to backpacks released before the tech made it into the game.

And it dont matter if those backpack got gliders or not mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Currently the block function is super minimalistic. About the only thing it does reliably is stop someone from messaging you. It's supposed to hide their messages, and hide them from LFG. However it frequently doesn't work in hiding someone's LFG squad, and yes I know the person I have blocked isn't being hidden cause it literally says their name when hovering over the specific LFG message. It'd be nice if this obvious bug could get fixed.

QOL.

Add a separate 'blacklist', for LFG. There's always been a ton of people spamming LFGs with guild recruitment messages, raid recruitments or selling raids. It's super obnoxious and in places like strike or raid LFG, seeing a bunch of recruitment messages or people selling raids just blatantly clogs up the tab. It'd be nice to have a separate option for blacklisting them in LFG specifically. I don't wanna fully block a bunch of people just for the aforementioned reasons above. I use the block function for less than savory people.

Also. Blocking someone should absolutely stop them from being able to join your squad. It's kind of ridiculous that it doesn't. Tons of trolls circulate LFGs and in general and it should be a thing that if YOU specifically are leading the squad as a commander, someone on your blocklist shouldn't be able to join your squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Add the option to Hideback from other players. Even on lowest setting it still shows. I understand you make money from it Anet but its very distacting in many instances. Also ruins the art/aesthtics of GW artwork most of them, in my hubble opinion. I hope the new DLC/Expansion will work on this or are we expecting a mid season Bikini Gemstore item. 

What do you guys think am I alone here thinking about this ?

PS: I would even pay in the gem store for this option.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

There's a checkmark box that you can click on to hide your backpacks. No one will see it. Go to your equipment panel and unselect the backpack. ANET doesn't need to do anything - they already have.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

41 minutes ago, jamesg.7128 said:

What do you mean by lowest setting? The "Character Model Quality" setting? 

I thought that turned all characters into generic plain models with all the flashies turned off.

Backpack models still show on the generic player models, which l thought was pretty weird since it's supposed to be low-detail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Blindness.7215 said:

Add the option to Hideback from other players. Even on lowest setting it still shows. I understand you make money from it Anet but its very distacting in many instances. Also ruins the art/aesthtics of GW artwork most of them, in my hubble opinion. I hope the new DLC/Expansion will work on this or are we expecting a mid season Bikini Gemstore item. 

What do you guys think am I alone here thinking about this ?

PS: I would even pay in the gem store for this option.

See my post? Nothing needs to be done. You already have that option on your equipment panel.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

There's a checkmark box that you can click on to hide your backpacks. No one will see it. Go to your equipment panel and unselect the backpack. ANET doesn't need to do anything - they already have.

How does that help ME to turn YOUR backpack off? 🥺

• Like 4

Appologies, english is not my first language. But I meant hiding backpacks for other players.

Turning the characters too lowest setting they still have trinkets and backpacks turned on.

I don't see why I'm forced too see the excessive fashion wars people put out which a lot of it breaks immersion. Also for instances in fractals jumping puzzles seeing massive wings flop all around.

I dont want this too be a SPO, Just for an MMO who pushes on how customizable its gameplay can be I wish id reflect what the eyes see.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, jamesg.7128 said:

What do you mean by lowest setting? The "Character Model Quality" setting? 

I thought that turned all characters into generic plain models with all the flashies turned off.

Unfortunately, nope. The characters still show up with their backpack pieces not sure if I can post SS about it here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1