[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I think it would be pretty cool to get animated tails as backpacks, like the cat tail on the outfit you released.  Maybe a dragon tail, crystal dragon tail or bunny tail.  Also I think tattoos would be awesome for all races.  I see that something like this has been released for purchase, but maybe have it incorporated into character creation when you buy a cosmetic change in game? Since there won’t likely be any new races, I think adding some new things would be appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by Amiko.8021
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

• Amiko.8021 changed the title to [Suggestions] Could We Please Get Tails Using Backpacks?

Dye Kits give players an option to get a certain dye from a certain set, however, there is no indication whether or not a player already owns all of the dyes in that set.

I've been logging onto alts that I haven't touched in year and had a lot of birthday rewards.

I chose the first option in the dye kit every time, but was surprised to find out that I already owned all of the dyes in that particular kit.

I think it would be a good change for Dye Kits to say something along the lines of "You already own all of the dyes in this kit" or even "You own X/Y dyes in this kit" so players are aware which kits they should be choosing, and which kits to avoid.

I bring this up because I ended up wasting a lot of the "free dyes" because I unknowingly chose kits that I had all of the dyes for, and there is no way to revert the choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poisenbery.8013 said:

Dye Kits give players an option to get a certain dye from a certain set, however, there is no indication whether or not a player already owns all of the dyes in that set.

I've been logging onto alts that I haven't touched in year and had a lot of birthday rewards.

I chose the first option in the dye kit every time, but was surprised to find out that I already owned all of the dyes in that particular kit.

I think it would be a good change for Dye Kits to say something along the lines of "You already own all of the dyes in this kit" or even "You own X/Y dyes in this kit" so players are aware which kits they should be choosing, and which kits to avoid.

I bring this up because I ended up wasting a lot of the "free dyes" because I unknowingly chose kits that I had all of the dyes for, and there is no way to revert the choice. 

You can use the widget in the Wiki to find which dyes you've already unlocked.  (Once the API comes back online on the 24th of August. 

Example (scroll about half-way down):  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celebratory_Dye_Pack

Dear sir/madam,

I have a complaint about map changing at the moment.
After gathering a 99 stack of fishing power. I needed to change maps, probably due to under population. I volunteered to do it. However, when I entered the same map after the change on my skiff, I noticed that my stack was gone. This never happened before and it frustrated me. 
I wanted to let you know about the situation and I hope that this will be fixed in the future.

Yours sincerely,

• Confused 2

There's a PS2 game called "Suicoden 3" (great game), where it plays like an traditional RPG that allow you to control 4 characters and when the "chapter" ends , you are guided to the main menu and manually you choose :

a ) either to continue the chapter with those same characters and meet some new , and play till the very end .

b) or play a different set of characters (2 extra groups)  that interlope at some  with the "main set of characters" , but you learn their backstories , rather than show up in  your group randomly .

One groups are the your tradition Knights (Romans) , Celts (hate romans) , Suicoden 2 heroes (created a problem-know tibits about the world) .

Wouldn't be best to introduce the same pattern for the next expansion , where some rivals-enemies progressively come to an understanding  to the same goal , some beloved friends die ,  while  extending the playthrough/world building ?

The only downsize is the increased cost in the voice lines , while the world assets will remain the same , where each group start from a different area (main hub , tribal village , shipwreck after a storm).

edit: And within each group , you can right click an npc position (change appearance - open shared bag number  #11) , where you "see-sense-track" things more easily , but you don't have  voicelines . And each group can "open" new mastery points/areas for the other 2 groups to exploit/learn (like the HoT wollow-underground mechanic , rather than unlock it with exp)

Edited by Ryuk.6840
  • Confused 1

Unfortunately, I haven't found a suitable forum, so I'm posting it here.

Dear developer team,
I have a request and I think I'm not completely alone.
It's about the power consumption of the PC hardware.
The game offers the possibility to set the FPS to 30, 60 or unlimited.
My system consists of a 4080 graphics card and a 7800X3D with 32 GB RAM.
In the open world on the map Quennsdale, my graphics card consumes at:
30 FPS: 70 watts
60 FPS: 100 watts
Unlimited: 320 watts at about 220 FPS but I don't need 220 FPS in 4k, 120 FPS would be enough for me.

Would it be possible in 2023 to add a few more options for the FPS in the menu?

30, 60, 75, 90, 100, 120, 144, 200 FPS that would be a nice choice.

Electricity has become expensive and I would like to run my monitor in 4k at 120 Hz, but that doesn't work at the moment. With the options we are given.

Kind regards

Michael

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is out of control, even worse, with introduction of Jade Tech stuff, +repair canister replacment for a buff, now the both jade buffs show permantly on the bar.

Im doing legendary ley line anomaly, i counted 18 items on the bar.

I think a primary solution, is introduce a new bar exclusively for profession related buffs(like guardian stuff).

The secondary is split "map buffs" from "consumables" putting them somewhere else.

jade tech stuff can be turned into 2 icons on left side near the summon skiff button. 

Its make hard to keep track of stuff, its 18 items!!

no wonder why gw2 isn't sucessfull on streaming, its a "campred design" with stuff everywhere.

noticed i shrinked map (map is the most important thing) to show all the bar.

another problem is that don't have any sorting criteria, the positioning of these buffs is near completely random.

https://imgur.com/a/oUbKDg8

but as according to the logic of this community everything is ok, I will answer some answers in advance.

1-move map to the top.

- its become horrible, u have to keep your eye up and down, also it don't solve the 18 items horizontal.

2-don't use too much buffs.

- its a "don't play the game variant", don't like a thing to use it lol.

3-don't play the game.

- its seems there guys dedicated to aswer this to every complain about the game.

4-anet must remove all buffs.

- minimalism ins't a solution.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Twitch.6879 said:

heres one that i think is even more relevant with staff coming to warrior, based on the assumption that it will be another physical weapon such as the daredevil and revenant, why not make the spear skins available to staffs?

You mean like they already have?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_staves#/media/File:Darkspear.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_staves#/media/File:Destroyer_Staff.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_staves#/media/File:Draketalon_Partisan.jpg

As examples

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I suppose I should have specified, no I am not referring to the meager handful that are available currently, I mean the plethora of spear skins that are already available in the game which are locked currently to the underwater spear type weapon. There are a huge variety of very cool spears that just don't see the attention they deserve being only available underwater. If those skins were able to be applied to staffs, it would increase the options for visual customization far past what is available now, and requires no additional assets to be made.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Apologies if this has already been requested, I looked but maybe not hard enough.

Raid legendary armors are a big milestone for a lot of players and the wings effect on the chest pieces is awesome. However, you lose it if you reskin the chest piece or wear an outfit.

Is there any chance to make the effect dependent on having the item equipped rather than the skin? So that you still get the wings effect even if you're using a different skin or an outfit?

This is reaching but it could be an additional incentive for people to continue going for raid legendary armors instead of the open world ones.

Edited by Lilito.4973
spelling
  • Confused 1

They already added a wonderful lil tool to the controls section of the settings menu to allow you to export your key-binds and re-import them,

Would be fantastic if a similar option were added to the other settings tabs!

If you are running into game crashes like the dreaded "unrecoverable graphics error", the fix is to wipe all caches, which removes lots of settings. This means some players just deal with the crashes, since they don't want to reconfigure all the settings to get back to how they like them. An option to export/import your settings would fix this as well as when people change to a new gaming rig

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The new Wizard's Vault (replacement for the daily) really needs either a fix or a re-work.

Under the original tool, you had 12 dailies to choose from; 4 PvE, 4 PvP, and 4 WvW... pick and choose any 3, or do as many as you want (or all)

With the new tool, if you select to only show you PvE for example, you get the daily login, plus 3 daily PvE challenges. However, if you set it to show you PvE and WvW, you now get the login plus either 3 PvE and 0 WvW, or 1 PvE and 2 WvW, or 2 PvE and 1 WvW.... If you select to show you all PvE/WvW/PvP then you again get 1 daily login and 3 at random selected for you.

TLDR or confused?  in short, you used to have 12 options to choose from for daily, you now have exactly 3 tasks assigned to you, and no choice in the matter.

Previously, you could usually find at least 3 tasks each day you did not mind doing, and could skip the ones you don't enjoy. 

Now... Anet gives you the finger and you do what they assign you or no daily loot for you.

Removing options is almost never an upgrade Anet.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Increase the number of dailies and cap daily completions at 4 (including the login reward).
Add AA redeem for completed objectives as wiggly chests. 
Change the vault layout to closer resemble our regular merchants' tabs so we don't have to scroll to see the offers (listed as narrower horizontal lines, not the tiles). Also sort them better, add tabs like "materials/currencies", "skins", "upgrades" (for things like build tabs) if you need to.
...and why "observing" objectives removes the "observed achievements" window? Just because I add an objective to observed list, it doesn't mean I want my observed achievements to disappear.

Overally looks like there was some new hire with experience in mobile gaming and I don't like it. We're using cursors, we don't need tiles to easier tap with a finger here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2