[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Yes like in the title , why do we have a turtle thats barely used outside of eod with passenger seat , while there is no flying passenger seat for a skyscale or even griffon , it will be a realy good addition to the game to share with new players  or friends , instead of borowing one thats gonna expire after dismounting.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

I dont think that giving the mosf versatile mount in the game features of other mounts is a good idea. Right now the Turtle has a couple of points of uniqueness. Giving one of them away to a higher utility mount seems like a bad idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The turtle can already get to 99% of places skyscale can as long as you have the right masteries and Jade Bot chips (video for demonstration, skip to the 1:45 mark if you just want to see the max horizontal flight, which is pretty similar distance to skyscale's). Rather than try and add an extra seat to skyscale, which already has two acquisition methods and would likely need a new model and/or animation, surely it would be better to make the turtle's flight more efficient so that doing so wasn't locked behind Jade Bot modules that many people never even try? If there's one mount that's overused and one that's "barely used", the answer isn't buffing the overused mount even more.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Skyscale doesn't need buffs. If you want to have a passenger on your mount, just use the turtle.

you missed the point lad , its not a buff , its more like a cool feature for friends or people you wanna help , also whats that have to do with the turtle ? most soto maps require a skyscale , and a turtle is so worthless with the lack of movement speed , its very rarely used unless its mandatory for meta openings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

2 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

you missed the point lad , its not a buff , its more like a cool feature for friends or people you wanna help , also whats that have to do with the turtle ? most soto maps require a skyscale , and a turtle is so worthless with the lack of movement speed , its very rarely used unless its mandatory for meta openings.

Adding more utility to a mount is nothing else than a direct buff. I don't think I missed any point here.
What does it have to do with turtle? Turtle is the only mount that can have a passenger -something you want to give to the already most versatile mount in the game.

Most soto maps require a skyscale and as far as I remember, skyscale is unlocked in soto maps "by default" either from the start or shortly after. So what does that have to do with anything here?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Adding more utility to a mount is nothing else than a direct buff. I don't think I missed any point here.
What does it have to do with turtle? Turtle is the only mount that can have a passenger -something you want to give to the already most versatile mount in the game.

Most soto maps require a skyscale and as far as I remember, skyscale is unlocked in soto maps "by default" either from the start or shortly after. So what does that have to do with anything here?

i don't see why your so worked up on balancing a pve mount , its not pvp , its not gonna break the game , nobody use the raptor or jackal or even the bunny when u have the skyscale , once i earned it , thats the only mount i use , and even anet directed a whole expac for the skyscale so you can see on what direction they are going , giving the scale to use leylines and updrafts , its insane on heart of thorn maps too rn , they already know they killed all mounts while introducing the scale , so i dont see why adding a seat will be a huge deal lol , im sorry but i dont see the point of your argument , skyscale is king with or without , other mounts are worthless , exept beetle on flat areas and its gonna gonna change as long as the skyscale dont get a turbo jet booster , which anet will maybe introduce it one day if they keep adding masterys for the skyscale.

• Confused 7

Just now, Random dude.5089 said:

well , i respect peoples opinions ,  but people are too worked up on the balance side which doesn't exist on pve open world , open world is made for fun not for the " jesus its too op" i don't understand , but respctable.

I have been trying to figure out what encounter this would break. The answer I've come up with is "None"

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

i don't see why your so worked up on balancing a pve mount , its not pvp , its not gonna break the game , nobody use the raptor or jackal or even the bunny when u have the skyscale , once i earned it , thats the only mount i use , and even anet directed a whole expac for the skyscale so you can see on what direction they are going , giving the scale to use leylines and updrafts , its insane on heart of thorn maps too rn , they already know they killed all mounts while introducing the scale , so i dont see why adding a seat will be a huge deal lol , im sorry but i dont see the point of your argument , skyscale is king with or without , other mounts are worthless , exept beetle on flat areas and its gonna gonna change as long as the skyscale dont get a turbo jet booster , which anet will maybe introduce it one day

I'm not worked up on anything, I just commented on your idea and told you why I think it's bad. Gw2's mount system was and is good because all of the mounts are useful, I like it so I don't want that change. How is this so strange for you?
"nobody using raptor or jackal or even the bunny(to the lesser degree)" is false btw. Introducing skyscale didn't kill other mounts, but people already had that discussion, you might try to search for it if you're interested.

What about the explanation of "most soto maps"?

if they keep adding masterys for the skyscale.

And the point is that they shouldn't.

6 minutes ago, GBEW.5947 said:

I have been trying to figure out what encounter this would break. The answer I've come up with is "None"

Wrong thread? You're not responding to anything anyone wrote.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

Making the turtle less useful by giving its biggest advantage to the most useful mount in the game wouldnt help with that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Making the turtle less useful by giving its biggest advantage to the most useful mount in the game wouldnt help with that.

since when you use the turtle ? only in eod cause you have to use them , i legit see probably 1 person in all meta evens on heart of thorns , like whats the point of a dmg mount that run out of ammo , you also use it in dragonstorm for ccs , scale massenger mount aint gonna do anything to the ccs the turtle do , like whats is this argtuments lol , im sorry but i try to understand whats that have to do with killing the turtle , give me more details please , cause this is irrelevant.

• Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not worked up on anything, I just commented on your idea and told you why I think it's bad. Gw2's mount system was and is good because all of the mounts are useful, I like it so I don't want that change. How is this so strange for you?
"nobody using raptor or jackal or even the bunny(to the lesser degree)" is false btw.

Wrong thread? You're not responding to anything anyone wrote.

yes they use it if they dont have the skyscale thats it , ground king is beetle , sky king is scale , bunny and raptor were a combination of the lack os skyscale , reason why in dragonfall u needed the bunny with the griffon , once u get the scale its irrelevant , also talking with exp , i see almost to no people using the turtle of the bunny , the peeps u see using them dont have the scale lad , there is universe where someone can hop 7 walls in a row would use ther bunny lol

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

yes they use it if they dont have the skyscale thats it , ground king is beetle , sky king is scale , bunny and raptor were a combination of the lack os skyscale , reason why in dragonfall u needed the bunny with the griffon , once u get the scale its irrelevant , also talking with exp , i see almost to no people using the turtle of the bunny

No, that's wrong. Again, search for a thread about it if you're interested, but people still use other mounts despite having the skyscale. 
So what was your point with that "most soto maps requiring skyscale" mention?

6 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

the peeps u see using them dont have the scale lad

Again: wrong, lad.

Edited by Sobx.1758

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, that's wrong. Again, search for a thread about it if you're interested, but people still use other mounts despite having the skyscale. 
So what was your point with that "most soto maps requiring skyscale" mention?

Again: wrong, lad.

you dont get the scale directly lad , plus its not the same without the original masteries and its way weaker without the 1 min cd energy buff and u need the actual updrafts , so im talking from a new player perspective like i typed.

• Confused 1

What's in it for Anet?  I see a decrease in sales as players won't spend for the skyscale if they can just cheese with someone else on theirs.  If you want Anet to consider your proposal, you need to show how it will positively benefit them, most likely in terms of cash.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Random dude.5089 said:

a turtle is so worthless with the lack of movement speed , its very rarely used unless its mandatory for meta openings.

nobody use the raptor or jackal or even the bunny when u have the skyscale , once i earned it , thats the only mount i use

What I'm hearing is because you feel a mount is useless, and have made a choice to use nothing other than skyscale, you now feel able to speak on behalf of all players. Yes, skyscale is popular and versatile, and sought after as a convenient mount, but there isn't a single thing it does that another mount doesn't do better, apart from its unique ability to fly in place. Griffon beats it for in fly speed and distance, beetle beats it in speed over flat ground, raptor and jackal beat it in speed over certain terrains, skimmer beats it in speed and distance over water, and turtle beats it for siege damage. The one mount that has become almost completely outmoded is springer, but even then, a springer is faster for vertical ascent, it's just harder to control the springer's jump than the skyscale's climb, which is why most people opt for the latter.

By all means, you're entitled to a favourite mount, and to use that 100% of the time if you want, but know that other mounts are not useless even if you believe them to be.

and even anet directed a whole expac for the skyscale so you can see on what direction they are going , giving the scale to use leylines and updrafts

SotO focusing on skyscale in one expansion doesn't suggest that it's "the direction they are going". Giving an already-popular mount with an infamously grindy acquisition method an alternative way to unlock and some new masteries was a no-brainer in terms of player experience and making money, but it wouldn't make narrative or design sense to continue that focus. Expansions would get really boring if every new one just gave you a different skyscale unlock route and some new toys on a Swiss army knife mount. If anything, the next expansion is likely to introduce and/or buff (an)other mount(s), and possibly even introduce more maps like Echovald Wilds that are actually harder to navigate by flying than they are on the ground.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Conceptually I don't mind the idea of a collection achievement or mastery that allows one to craft a passenger seat for their mounts, but I also don't see why they would implement that.

It would involve coding and animating all for the end goal of having more free to play players not invest in the expansions to get their own flying mounts. Seems unproductive for them to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

since when you use the turtle ? only in eod cause you have to use them , i legit see probably 1 person in all meta evens on heart of thorns , like whats the point of a dmg mount that run out of ammo , you also use it in dragonstorm for ccs , scale massenger mount aint gonna do anything to the ccs the turtle do , like whats is this argtuments lol , im sorry but i try to understand whats that have to do with killing the turtle , give me more details please , cause this is irrelevant.

Not at all irrelevant. You are asking for a feature to be copied from arguably the least usefull mount to the one that already has the greatest utility. This would lessen the relative value of the Turtle. 

Personally I see the turtle in use in a broad spectrum of OW maps. I am assuming that this is because of the multiple rider function or aesthetics. Regardless, Ive seen no compelling justification for increasing the utility of the highest utility mount let alone at the cost of the uniqueness of a lesser mount.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

HOw do I search my own post history? I CALLED IT, months ago in a thread talking about the problem of skyscale leechers that just hover in the air and plink away with fireballs and I expounded at great length about how the skyscale has literally made every other mount obsolete and THEY KEEP GIVING IT MORE. And I said it was only a matter of time before someone asked nay demanded that the Skyscale be able to take two people as well.

AND HERE WE ARE!

I just want someone to pick up that kittening phone because I CALLED IT!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

That cool feature is a direct buff. Saying it's not a buff, when it is in fact one of the two things that turtle offers is like saying, let's just take the turtle out of the game. The skyscale is already a swiss army mount. Let's not compound that.

• Like 4

With the change to wizard vault weekly to be the same for everyone and not dependent on what expansions are owned I am having to do the 'complete 15 events' in areas because the easy 'do one meta' is in expansions I don't own.  This is fine but can you please make event markers show up on the map for all events that are up?  Once in a while I see an orange event marker when I look at the map but not very often and I am spending a lot of time just running around looking for events.  Can these markers on the map be shown for every event not just a select few?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Don't want and don't see the need. Turtle is enough for getting to most place, for everything else there's portals and teleport to friend. Also think of the poor skyscale, it gets tired and can not stay airborne for long with just it's rider let alone two.

Will someone please think of the skyscale!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I said in the other two threads lad, I’d be happy for it on the griffon. It would be kind of cool.

It couldn’t happen on the existing mounts though because the rig isn’t designed for two saddles and would end up odd and a mess. It would need a second version of it, then one person could steer and the other throw spears or  fire Jade cannons at targets (would make a great adventure race)

Edited by Randulf.7614

I am wondering if people who made/making legendary WvW armor could be rewarded too by getting achievements and a title. Made all the 18 pieces in wvw and no reward/title at all. Would be nice if Anet can look into this. Now it feels if the WvW leggie armor makers are totally ignored. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1