[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Toggles should be separate for each template instead of 1 toggle effects all. As it currently stands, if I turned my backpack off in template 1, it is also off in 2, 3, 4, etc.

Instead, I think if it is possible, to be able to make it by template. As an example, the way it is now, I have to manually turn them on and off consistently for each template. Like my template 1 looks good with backpack off and orbs on, so I have to turn my backpack off and my orbs on. But my template 2 is the opposite, looks good with backpack but not orbs. Now that I swapped to 2, I have to turn the backpack on this time and orbs off because my template 1 settings carry over to template 2.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:37 PM, ParagonPaladin.7516 said:

Im not reading all 394 pages of this thread, but a nice QoL for me would be expanding the "Gain Research notes from salvaging crafted items" to include the Dragonsblood and Heroic Dragonsblood weapons. Not sure why they were skipped, but I have a bunch of them waiting patiently in an alt character's inventory for the day I will be able to get research notes from them.

I am confused too. But there's a work around: stat-swap them and you can salvage the resulting weapon. That's how I got rid of the ones I don't need.

this is going to be a very short and to the point post, but with the game becoming increasingly guild-based as it ages (especially in instanced content and wvw), it would be nice if there was some way to see a player's guild rank by looking at their nameplate, rather than having to shuffle through the guild roster every time.

it honestly astounds me that after all this time we have useless pvp badges in pve but still have no way to see what a player' s position in their own guild is. the current work around is for members of a guild to memorise your account name, every character you have or to add you to their friends list and set an alias, and for the leaders of a guild especially this becomes extremely exhausting with some of us having over a hundred or more players on our friends list just to remember their role.

i think we really need to start taking guilds more seriously since they're so important with the game's increasing age and reliance on sustainable content.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 2

I take it this would only show up for people in the same guild?

I mean my rank in one guild is "Purple Piranah" and in another it's "Me", I don't think that's useful information for anyone outside the guild. (I'm just now realising I'm in a 3rd guild where I don't know what my rank is, I know it's the standard member rank but I don't remember what it's called.)

Edit: My guild ranks are:
Me
Imperator
Pineapple Bush
Purple Piranah
One Of Us

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I like it the way it is, thank You very much.

Most medium pants don't have a belt and this piece adds it without the need of me running in a loincloth or switching to other pants skin. Dagger on the back is a nice addition too. 

As for the unfortunate players paying real money for something, there is a lesson to be learned here. Check the thing You are buying, before buying the thing. But alas, thats all assuming that You really are speaking for someone other than Yourself, and You are not. So please, take a few seconds and think that even if this could be possible for devs to grant You your wish and change this thing to Your liking, would it be fair for someone who likes and bought this item exactly for the reason You are not liking it?

The belt looks awful though - and also Its very difficult to check as you say prior to buying when it DOES NOT show that belt on other levels (Say I'm on a mesmer - buy this knowing it'll unlock for all weight classes, but for some reason one is wrong) so yes, it should be uniform especially for an item that costs money. Sorry, but the logic is that its one skin unlocked on all weights it should be uniform. If you like the belt (Which clips into most pants is my biggest issue) - wear the pants?

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Ruinir.1502 said:

The belt looks awful though 

In Your opinion. Each person have their own You know?

14 minutes ago, Ruinir.1502 said:

If you like the belt (Which clips into most pants is my biggest issue) - wear the pants?

Nope. I will wear and enjoy what I paid for. And I paid for this, changing it would be unfair to me.

16 minutes ago, Ruinir.1502 said:

and also Its very difficult to check as you say prior to buying when it DOES NOT show that belt on other levels (Say I'm on a mesmer - buy this knowing it'll unlock for all weight classes, but for some reason one is wrong)

Was it advertised that it will look and work the same on all weights? No. Well, than it is on You to check it carefully. When I am buying a skin, I preview it carefully with each weight to see how it works/blends/if I like it. Especially when I am about to use real money. I did so with this skin, it works as I like it to work, and I am against the change You propose. (Not like it ever gonna happen anyway).

22 minutes ago, Ruinir.1502 said:

so yes, it should be uniform especially for an item that costs money. Sorry, but the logic is that its one skin unlocked on all weights it should be uniform. 

Nope. Why? Becouse You say so? Just becouse You want something to work as You would like it to work doesn't mean it's a logic, especially if doing it Your way would hurt other players that also paid and enjoy it the way it is. 

Be more careful before buying next time, becouse "Logicly" speaking, company will never change the item someone already bought and enjoy the way it is, just becouse You wasn't careful and can't stomach it.

• Thanks 2

Would be nice to see daily rift hunts added into the rotation alongside weekly rift hunts. Don't even make it map specific, just "do one T1, one T2, and one T3 rift on any map" every day. It would be a nice addition, especially for people working towards the obsid armor.

Edited by cinnabuntastic.3416
first sentence was unclear; just making it more legible

I had an idea for a QoL item, people would probably enjoy this. The ability to make or obtain a Permanent Makeover Contract. I could see a couple of ways to make a recipe.

One idea would be to combine an unused Permanent Hair Contract, 100-250 mystic coins, 5-10 total makeover kits, and a Gift of Ascension.

The other recipe would be the same except it would have the used contract instead, I think this contract should be bound no matter what, since the Hair Contract was already bound.

I think this would allow people to invest more time into their character creations without making them constantly buy kits or farm keys for kits.

I believe this could also drive Black Lion Chests up making them even more desirable.

I believe this because people will want statutes for Makeover Kits and an opportunity to score a Permanent Hair Contract.

Another option that could shake things up, allowing the item to be sellable.

The Permanent Crafting Table was very successful, I could see this rising to that several thousand gold mark and becoming a very tradable item.

I really hope this can get some traction, I'd be very willing to invest the gold into making a Permanent Makeover kit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nothing bothers me more than seeing open world events (especially map wide ones with that huge screen message about the event starting) that are related to a specific living world or expac in a map that's not technically related to that timeline/story. I feel that can be very confusing as to what a Scarlett invasion or rift opening or joke invasion is if you have not gotten that far into the story.

What about adding a brief few words along with each event or map message explaining the events story location? Such as 'this is a living world season 2 event' or 'this is a SoTO expac event'.  

That would be an amazing QoL IMO! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Can we get one of those red chat messages like we get for overusing the gobbler effects but for consuming essences of luck when account magic find is already maxed please:

'Your account magic find is already maxed out. Consuming essences of luck no longer increases your account magic find.'

Or something like that. Thanks.

Edited by Firefly.5982
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

As a support player, I often use the party view instead of the grid view to keep track of the boons and conditions on my subgroup during squadplay. If a push notification for a 'ready-check' for whatever reason doesn't visualize in the middle of the screen, there is no way for me to tell if a ready-check is going on or not. So I would like the see a solution of the ready-check being implemented for party view. Also it would be great to see the number of the subgroup one belongs to if in party view for both game modes, PvE and WvW. So if the commander screams "2 fire and 3 ice" during Dragonstrom, I don't have to switch back to grid view just to find out which subgroup I belong to.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, Firefly.5982 said:

Can we get one of those red chat messages like we get for overusing the gobbler effects but for consuming essences of luck when account magic find is already maxed please:

'Your account magic find is already maxed out. Consuming essences of luck no longer increases your account magic find.'

Or something like that. Thanks.

YES please! the same with players who already maxed their magic find by doing dailies! I keep on getting the info I just got 10 AP every time , even tho I hit the glass ceiling months ago!

ALSO: What are we supposed to do with all this luck(😂), except it being used to buy stuff during festivals sometimes, and some crafting I only vaguely am aware of, what is it used for?? If I cannot have any use of it, can u make it so maxed out players can disable to get it from salvaging?

• Confused 1

So I was reading the turtle mount PSA. Big turtle in peoples view.

Got me thinking about Skyscale. 

So, it all started from an egg, we feed it, it grew and grew even more. Is there any updates for it grow even more? Its been like 5 years, I figure it be bigger than the mount by now.

Maybe a way to feed it and it can be bigger or more lean based on how much you feed it.

I kind of want a thick massive skyscale, maybe second rider option too, and they can throw spears or something. Picture this you and a buddy just flying around zones and throwing spears at mobs, just some fun end game something to do for fun kind of gig.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

tldr wants is more stuff with mounts. do not want another bunch of skills profession to memorize

For me, its I think more stuff with mounts is something I look forward/want, I like racing a lot too.

I also like mazes mysteries, so maybe a leveled tunnel lots of twists turns and memorizations of how to navigate through them, maybe roller beetle friendly. Maybe do stuff like a loop as in you go on ramp that is designed you can go upsidedown and come down but gotta go fast, that kind that loop.

So maybe hunger games type vibe, like a maze mystery takes time to learn the area, and learning the area is beneficial. map isn't so helpful you have to look at the game design.

Think of starfox after you beat andross you have to fly out now, follow your dad outta the complex that is about to explode. I like that. I want to see that in the next content.

Also, maybe vehicles introduced too? Not sure if they want the bikes and helicopters to be actual stuff players can use and own, but I would be interested.

These kind of things are stuff, I wouldn't want to miss out on and if its an expansion, heck yeah I want these cool mounts, heck yeah I'm gonna buy and not skip. Thats pretty much what EoD, HoT, PoF expansion. SoTo doesn't really offer anything to me cool wise.

Not looking forward to, another class profession combo etc., I liked PvP back in 2012-2015, the more class combos the more you gotta know what everyone does and can do, and its a lot, adding more to it, its even more tedious, it makes it somewhat hard to really get into PvP because all these combo stuff haven't before and another year or so getting everything memorized. Feel like its harder for #esports or to get back to it naturally like the community within game creates that vibe. Not that I'm looking for #esports but its harder for it naturally happen the more bloat of skills to memorize.

So basically instead of a new profession weapon/skill set how about just do it with mounts. It ain't like there is a mount pvp system.

So I guess the final meta my vision,  after you beat the boss you have to master the last step which is racing outta the area about to explode, if you don't get out quick enough you don't get the good rewards. The race out is random and based on visuals so can't just turn on some script and it gets you out too. Basically just follow the herd and don't mess up and you should be good. I'd like more with mounts. Maybe 2 person on the mount racing out. Honestly with 2 people mount thing, maybe that can be a big factor too in making the game much easier if you got someone else riding with you, doing skills. I feel like a 2 person mount is good enough where you don't have to feel pressured into finding groups but also the pro is your actually doing something with someone, building a connection. Lately I do fractals and I play PUGs, I don't really connect, I don't really connect with anyone in this game, so 2 people and it just makes it super easy, is good incentive to get people to connect with others. looking for 1 person to play with me and do stuff, super easy when you have 2 people doing something. its a good connection builder. I'd like to see more investing time on making friends roleplaying, interaction with other people, consistently.

Maybe something that tracks top 5 riders, on your mount and the more they hang with you the stronger you become with them, type of thing. Someone riding with you for like 200 hours over whole gameplay, should be pretty tough on your mount with say boons that greatly increase power. It's a good incentive to play with others yet specific people consistently

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, uberkingkong.8041 said:

So I was reading the turtle mount PSA. Big turtle in peoples view.

Got me thinking about Skyscale. 

So, it all started from an egg, we feed it, it grew and grew even more. Is there any updates for it grow even more? Its been like 5 years, I figure it be bigger than the mount by now.

Maybe a way to feed it and it can be bigger or more lean based on how much you feed it.

I don't see the need for that. I also simply don't have an expectation of a living being "always growing", I consider that at some point they're just fully grown and that's it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
Thread got merged to QoL, so I'm including quote of the post
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see the need for that. I also simply don't have an expectation of a living being "always growing", I consider that at some point they're just fully grown and that's it.

I blame GoT/HotD.... apparently some people just want Balerion the Dread for a mount.

• Haha 1

Whilst I agree it's probably hit its limit, I do actually like the picture of a two-seater flying mounter with throwing spears or jade cannons.

But you have the wrong mount. It would be soooo much more fun on a griffon. Plus you could have races where one has to hit tagrets whilst the other steers. I'm sure Weeping Willow and her guild would make an awesome video of that too!

It would be super nice if I didn't lose my spot in WvW/convergences/whatever when the game crashes.

Perhaps if the game sees me disconnect then immediately reconnect, it could offer to put me back where I was, instead of completely screwing me over?

I guess I'm not sure why this isn't a thing already.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I hope the dev's are playing or tried Palworld or watched of it.

A lot of good mount ideas and attack ideas. Like Mammorest earthquake, giant ball of magic, kingpaca leap into the air and body slam the ground massive damge. 

Its pretty fast pace too with all those magical attacks going on, its kinda fun actually.

Also the super fast charging running at you pals.

The mounts are pretty good too. A lot of good ideas.

• Confused 5

On 11/1/2020 at 10:17 AM, medivh.4725 said:

Spent like 30 mins clearing up the inventory every time after a massive raid event.Too long! Please give a bulk sell over BLTC option to prevent so many loading time and price fetching. Fetch once is enough to lock in price

Can let us mass select and sell gear to BLTC all at once saving the repeated price fetching process. It will drastically reduce inventory sort timePrices are all shown to players anyway no need to sell one by one.Just according to BLTC prices click confirm to sell . Selling one by one is tiring process, players are better off wondering and making new adventures discoveries

I know res...sorry

Just thinking something like this to sell all when trying to clear out inventory, instead of dealing with the 'too many orders' issue, would be fantastic.

QOL - WTB Tome/ Scroll Binder - offer 2000 gems - Put all Portal Tomes, Teleportation Scrolls, City Portal Scrolls, Lounge Passes, Teleport to Friend and Invitation to the Party items in one easy to use "College Academy Binder" - Sponsored by College of Synergetics.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1