Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Health bar feedback: Add display options that players can use to get immediate, accurate information about their relative health, such as percentage display, and/or contextual graphics to accurately gauge important thresholds of health. For example, many traits and effects have a 90% health threshold, so it would be nice to tell just by looking at your health bar whether you have at least 90%. This could be accomplished either with a % readout, or with a graphical marker indicating when it's active (say, an icon or animation that is on when you are 90%, or off/grayed out if less).

Posted (edited)

Suggestion:
Character Screen:

• Filter and / or Sort
    • Profession
    • Race
  • Pin Favorites
  • Add pages to group characters 
  • Toggle see all small boxes on screen, hides the 3d render
  • Toggle that turns off the feature that moves the order the characters are in after you log in as one

Throwing out a few options for improvements. The filter and sort is probably on the easier side for implementation and would be most impact. The more characters a player has the harder it is to manage them, this reduces the incentive for them to buy more, so any sort of improvement to the character screen could increase character slot sales. 

Edited by Jonesi Blitz.5263
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

The current implementation seem to be: "While in fight, press the dodge key 3 times, when you have enough endurance".

This counteracted the sense of this daily, educating people to use dodge correctly and has in my view 2 problems:

1. If you are currently out of fght and successfully dodge attacks ("eveade" is shown on screen) you stay out of fight and all these "good" dodges don't count for your daily.
  2. If you are in fight, have endurance and simply press dodge, without anything attacking you, it counts.

Instead of educating people to do good dodges that really avoids hits, it educates people to waste dodges without sense.

Years ago there was a daily (or was it a weekly?) that was correctly implemented. Why this bad one now?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

If a new race brings is too many complications then how about a way to add character skins for esthetic sake only.

Largos, Kodan, Tengu and so on, unless it's waking style is too complex. For largos naturally without their mask.

I do have a question for housing.

Would we be able to expand or modify the look of the house not at first but eventually?

Buying a house in different towns is another idea like they did in New World but without the rent please that aspect of it sucked big time.

Being in a group can other players enter like the home instance? 🫠

Edited by Hybarf Tics.2048

1. The ability to use the arrow keys to move through the bank wardrobe skins more easily and without having to click each one manually
  2. A highlighted border around the current skin being previewed in the bank wardrobe so the user doesn't lose their place
  3. The ability to preview infusions
  4. Fixed infusion stacking issues where some infusions with different visual effects will fight for priority if used simultaneously, causing them to load in a random order whenever you enter a map and making your character look different depending on which order they happen to load in at the time (easy solution would be to implement a stable infusion stacking priority system, eg: infusions in armour always take priority over infusions in trinkets)
  5. The ability to preview dyes on armour skins you are previewing in the bank wardrobe and do not own (you can do this anyway by dying your current armour and then previewing it but it's annoying having to change your armour dyes for this - would be less annoying if we had saveable fashion/dye templates which is another suggestion)
  6. Saveable cosmetic/fashion template slots (for the above scenario, or for when we need to change gear so we can migrate our entire fashion including dyes over to it easily, or try it out on a different character, or try out another look on the same character and save the old look for later, or for fashion-crafting for potential future looks including skins you do not own yet, etc)
  7. Fixed issues with previewing larger character models like Charr, who do not fit in the character preview window and the window is not re-sizeable
  8. Fixed any of the thousands of clipping issues that Charr have (minor issues are expected but as an example when Charr wear glasses, the glasses often completely disappear into the Charr's head making them invisible. Even armour pieces from the same set that are meant to work seamlessly together can sometimes clip with each other on Charr - it's simply not good enough)
  9. The ability to preview two different types of weapons at once (eg. previewing an axe main-hand while also previewing a torch off-hand at the same time to see how they look together)
  10. Fixed the skins that have nonsensical dye channels (some 4th dye slots do absolutely nothing while the 3rd dye slot dyes two non-related materials at once - most people would want different materials to be dyable separately so they can have red cloth without also having red metal for example, funerary armour is one big offender of this), plus some skins still only have one dye channel & some skins have undyeable parts for some reason so you are locked into a colour
  11. Dyable weapons (at the very least, legendary weapons should be dyable)
  12. The ability to dye older backpacks, especially the ones that come with a dyable glider version but you can't dye the matching backpack (for example the Etherbound backpack/glider package)
  13. More bank wardrobe filters to sort skins, such as method of acquisition (eg. dungeon armours/raid skins, gem store skins etc), types of material or colour palettes
  14. The ability to choose a specific mount/glider skin for a certain equipment template so you can match them to each of your character's individual looks
  15. The ability to hide/unhide certain skins/effects (helmets, legendary trinkets etc) unique to each equipment template, so when you swap looks you can choose to have them showing or not based on the look without having to manually tick the show/hide box every time
  16. Fixed issue where the visual effects of infusions do not affect backpieces
  17. The ability to dye hairstyle accessory colours without a makeover kit, it is too restrictive in future dye experimentation to be locked into a hair accessory colour
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I want an option to turn of Virtuoso's Blades.

I want an option to turn of the particle effects of Martial Cadence/Soldier's Comfort and Signet of Rage.

I want an option to turn of Soulbeast's merged particle effect.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

I want an option to turn of the particle effects of Martial Cadence/Soldier's Comfort and Signet of Rage.

...and an option to turn off Guardian's constant Aegis effect and Scrapper's flying gyro.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

...and an option to turn off Guardian's constant Aegis effect and Scrapper's flying gyro.

I don't really mind Aegis, as it disappears when weapons are sheathed (unlike the effects on my list), but I can see the Gyro getting annoying when playing Scrapper for longer times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

When you enter WvW you get a modified version of the party UI that includes a mini-LFG just for WvW. This very rarely gets used as noone really uses LFG for WvW, however I feel like this could be a great addition to PvE. For instance when you join a map like Verdant Brink or Dragon's End you just get this popup, showing exactly what LFGs there are for your current map. Or when you get close to the fractal portal or enter the aerodrome it shows you a selection of groups running that content.

Another change that would go great with this would be the LFG automatically opening the right section depending on your location. So if you open the LFG in Arborstone it shows the strike LFG, or when you open it in a map with a festival going on it opens the festival LFG.

11 hours ago, Ember.8510 said:

The ability to preview infusions

I tell you what I love, the ability to hide all player effects so I don't have to put up with your guy's infusions 😄

Now give me the ability to hide auras and other trinket effects and we're golden.

11 hours ago, Ember.8510 said:

Fixed any of the thousands of clipping issues that Charr have

This happens because the pieces are modeled and rigged for humans, then adapted (possibly by someone else entirely with an even lower hourly salary) to every other race.

Sylvari rigging is very straight forward, Norn isn't too bad although there's definitely some fiddling there but then it all falls apart with Asura and Charr... trying to rig what's essentially armor designed for humans on those skeletons is never gonna look pretty, the solution would be for these models to actually be remade for those bodies but I'll give it to you straight, Anet doesn't wanna invest that kind of money on that. This is why for example, Charr only helmets from IBS look great, because they were 3D modeled and rigged for Charr, not stretched and warped from human bodies into Charr bodies.

• Confused 4

Elementalist Proffesion could teach Elementals from Glymphs to go to home dimension when mounted. So we can keep our elementals even if we jump on mount for a second.

Necromancer minions somehow know how to travel in the pockets, and just pop out when dismounting.

It is less fun when using elementals also means no mounts. Especially on some maps mounts are quite important.

to be honest, my only real pet peeve is the fact that you cannot get rid of the colour they already dye on skins, mounts, etc.  

If I don't like the wonky colours Anet put on a skin, I should be able to use the dye remover on them so they are GONE.  Instead, I have to spend stupid oodles of time playing the colour wheel trying to get a colour I want on a particular dye channel, because the underlying colour they already added to it cannot be removed.   Annoying as (_).

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I agree and it's something I should have put in my initial list! Although I think there's something to be said about every classes' effects showing consistently, but I agree that they should tone down some of the really noticeable and garish effects some elite specs have such as herald and virtuoso. I personally steer clear of those classes because the effects clash with my fashion too much. On a similar note, we need the ability to hide relic effects because relic of the fireworks is absurdly distracting on my otherwise dark spooky themed necro.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This game has maintained a large focus on fashion, but has no way to save appearance templates. This has become an even worse sore point now that we can inspect other players, encouraging us to change our own appearances more often. It seems to me it would be relatively simple to implement a fashion template system. If this is not simple, I'd love to hear why. It seems much more straightforward than asking for weapons with dye colors, which would be a nightmare to fully implement.

I would love to transmute my gear but find it incredibly annoying to maintain my own spreadsheet of styles and colors; therefore I don't. I used to play World of Warcraft, and changed my outfit at least once a week, if not more, because they made it so easy. Gw2 is a far better game, but it's interface is lacking in a few ways, and here I am with the same outfit on some of my characters that I've used for over a year now. It's not that I can't change it; it's just that I usually have about 5 hours to play each week, and accessing a spreadsheet of saved ideas is never going to be part of that.

If you implemented a template system where I still had to spend transmute charges, I'd at the very least change my outfit and weapons at every festival. That's 1200 gems a year. But I know myself and, I'd probably change my outfit once a month, so say 2400 or $35. And I have a lot of characters too! I'm sure many people would do the same.

I know there are ways to get more tokens for in-game effort, and I would continue to do so, of course, but I know I'd blow through them if I was having fun. You have been missing out on an easy cash grab for many years now and, I feel, frustrating the fashion community in doing so.

• Like 1

When one selects a placed siege in WvW, it has the Siege Decay Timer effect, showing how much time the siege has left before it disappears.

Why not do the same with the placed buffs like feasts, stations, bonfires, and banners? 

When placing one of these, their own effect would be applied to themselves, with the remaining duration for the object. This way people don't have to remember the name of every food to know what each of them does. They could just select it and see the effects, and the time left before the feast disappears.

• Confused 1

Let engineers and elementalists swap weapons, but with a long CD, like 5 minutes.

For some reason, after switching to my Alac/Quick templates, my character will sometimes switch to the 2ndary weapon set. Since I'll often be mounted when I switch templates, I won't know my character is using the wrong weapon set until after I start combat. Depending on the meta, it's not always easy or convenient to exit combat just to switch to the correct weapon set.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dunno if it's been mentioned or not, but it would be really nice if we could get an option in LFG tab to hide certain adverts. In raids or strikes there are many selling or static ads which obscure all the valuable lfgs. If we could hide undesirable ones without blocking ppl it would be a fantastic feature.

• Confused 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:20 PM, Ember.8510 said:
  1. The ability to use the arrow keys to move through the bank wardrobe skins more easily and without having to click each one manually
  2. A highlighted border around the current skin being previewed in the bank wardrobe so the user doesn't lose their place
  3. The ability to preview infusions
  4. Fixed infusion stacking issues where some infusions with different visual effects will fight for priority if used simultaneously, causing them to load in a random order whenever you enter a map and making your character look different depending on which order they happen to load in at the time (easy solution would be to implement a stable infusion stacking priority system, eg: infusions in armour always take priority over infusions in trinkets)
  5. The ability to preview dyes on armour skins you are previewing in the bank wardrobe and do not own (you can do this anyway by dying your current armour and then previewing it but it's annoying having to change your armour dyes for this - would be less annoying if we had saveable fashion/dye templates which is another suggestion)
  6. Saveable cosmetic/fashion template slots (for the above scenario, or for when we need to change gear so we can migrate our entire fashion including dyes over to it easily, or try it out on a different character, or try out another look on the same character and save the old look for later, or for fashion-crafting for potential future looks including skins you do not own yet, etc)
  7. Fixed issues with previewing larger character models like Charr, who do not fit in the character preview window and the window is not re-sizeable
  8. Fixed any of the thousands of clipping issues that Charr have (minor issues are expected but as an example when Charr wear glasses, the glasses often completely disappear into the Charr's head making them invisible. Even armour pieces from the same set that are meant to work seamlessly together can sometimes clip with each other on Charr - it's simply not good enough)
  9. The ability to preview two different types of weapons at once (eg. previewing an axe main-hand while also previewing a torch off-hand at the same time to see how they look together)
  10. Fixed the skins that have nonsensical dye channels (some 4th dye slots do absolutely nothing while the 3rd dye slot dyes two non-related materials at once - most people would want different materials to be dyable separately so they can have red cloth without also having red metal for example, funerary armour is one big offender of this), plus some skins still only have one dye channel & some skins have undyeable parts for some reason so you are locked into a colour
  11. Dyable weapons (at the very least, legendary weapons should be dyable)
  12. The ability to dye older backpacks, especially the ones that come with a dyable glider version but you can't dye the matching backpack (for example the Etherbound backpack/glider package)
  13. More bank wardrobe filters to sort skins, such as method of acquisition (eg. dungeon armours/raid skins, gem store skins etc), types of material or colour palettes
  14. The ability to choose a specific mount/glider skin for a certain equipment template so you can match them to each of your character's individual looks
  15. The ability to hide/unhide certain skins/effects (helmets, legendary trinkets etc) unique to each equipment template, so when you swap looks you can choose to have them showing or not based on the look without having to manually tick the show/hide box every time
  16. Fixed issue where the visual effects of infusions do not affect backpieces
  17. The ability to dye hairstyle accessory colours without a makeover kit, it is too restrictive in future dye experimentation to be locked into a hair accessory colour

I agree with pretty much every one of these suggestions.  When looking at 4, I would just like to add that it would be helpful to add info into the tooltip of the infusion describing what kind of visual effect/slot it uses, like skin, armor, aura etc. that way it would be easier to figure out which ones would overlap from the description.  Additionally, on 16, if armor infusions are not supposed to affect backpieces can we get some infusions that specifically apply visuals to backpieces?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hylden.7468 said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned or not, but it would be really nice if we could get an option in LFG tab to hide certain adverts. In raids or strikes there are many selling or static ads which obscure all the valuable lfgs. If we could hide undesirable ones without blocking ppl it would be a fantastic feature.

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Looking_For_Group#Extended_Filter_Options

WVW QOL improvement.

In Dark Ages of Camelot, if  you owned a keep/tower, it would announce to the guild when it was attacked.

It specifically would say "30 players are attacking your keep" or some such.

It would be really rad if that would work in GW2! Thank you devs for all you do!

• Sad 1

Map functionality: Current implementation of map levels (either based on elevation or interior/exterior locations) which are blended into a base background, leads to maps that are illegible for navigation, most notably in areas like Tangled Depths where the same 2D map area is overlapped with both interior/exterior locations AND differences in elevation. It would be preferable to use a more traditional mapping system like those found in Zelda or similar games, where interior areas and elevations are clearly separated, blacking out other areas, so that the possible pathways through a particular section/level are not blended with those of disconnected areas which appear as though they can simply be walked over.

Also, please review which interior areas are subject to a persistent "fog of war" which hides the terrain even after the player has explored there and only reveal it in the player's immediate vicinity. While there are some places where this can be used judiciously as a gameplay element, such as a maze or navigation puzzle, it is also used frequently in places where it really shouldn't apply, like dredge tunnels.

In most cases it is self-defeating for there to be a map that doesn't help the player find their way around when clarity is most needed.