ty for Gharr Leadclaw . . . [Merged]

Posted (edited)

Just discovered this now - while re-checking the Wiki for new updates. Seems pretty nice. The HoT mats used for fulgurite are always "out of sync" for me (= from doing my daily home instance collections I always have ... like a lot less from one of those while others gather up faster). Will  help to get rid of some stuff - also of the prismaticite ore. While the stuff you get is not that super great - it is a lot better than deleting.

Bulk exchange listead at the wiki: Not sure if people really saved that many heroic chests lol? 😄 (Making this work similar to the statuettes where the chest actually opened its own vendor window with using itself as a currency - just listing the options making it cost 1 for each thing ... would have worked there as well  I guess.) Skyscale weapon boxes and the essence exchange seem nice though. I will still slowly get rid of the essence in my inventory by converting (might go for the legendary armor in the future) but I have a lot more in unopended convergences weekly chests + rift weekly chests. And this also is a bit "out of synch" (when converting everything to amalgamated I might end up with leftovers from one currency. The vendor will help here.

Map currency exchange from the daily thing - not that big. Will still end up with more Nayos currency I guess. But the vendor options having stuff that costs a log of the Nayos currency + the last meta chast offering all 3 currency options ... should make up for this.

What I'd like to see in there: An option for the nuggets from convergences. (Yes technically I could just open them for essences then spend them.) And maybe something for the chests you got from the weeklies for convergences/rifts. Maybe another option (=something better) than you'd get by just opening and using the essences at the vendor. Have not unlocked the mastery yet so I only used the wiki info to write my post.

Edited by Luthan.5236

I'm glad that this exists, but if it's one of the few ways of making SotO currencies usable outside of legendary armour, it should not be gated behind a tier 6 mastery.

Anet your desperation is showing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Someone explain something to me which Im obviously missing. I can exchnage the hero chest meta reward which contains captured lightning or amalgamted gemstones and use it to buy... a captured lightning or amalagamted gemstone. Why?

It's a clicking tax.

When I was working on Obsidian Armor, I did not open my chests when I earned them. I stored them so I would know how many I needed to do at a glance. Then, when it was time to open them.. doubleclick, click, click, click.  Repeat. It was sort of tedious.

So this vendor will let you just bulk-open them instead of doing it one at a time, but he will charge you a "tax" of the 3x unid gear you get from each chest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Someone explain something to me which Im obviously missing. I can exchnage the hero chest meta reward which contains captured lightning or amalgamted gemstones and use it to buy... a captured lightning or amalagamted gemstone. Why?

It's a clicking tax.

When I was working on Obsidian Armor, I did not open my chests when I earned them. I stored them so I would know how many I needed to do at a glance. Then, when it was time to open them.. doubleclick, click, click, click.  Repeat. It was sort of tedious.

So this vendor will let you just bulk-open them instead of doing it one at a time, but he will charge you a "tax" of the 3x unid gear you get from each chest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The cat is out of the bag it seems...

The new merchant has an exchange for SotO currencies <-> SotO map gifts. Anet is clearly experimenting here. I would not be surprised to see the EoD gifts end up in this merchant or a similar one in the future, and if that happens, I expect to see exchanges happen for HoT, PoF, Gift of Exploration, and Gift of Battle happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

Wait are we interpreting this as a bad thing?

Not me.

I just treat it as another currency gobbler we have 6 (?) versions of already, and potentially as a catch up for armor.

Probably the best gobbler ever tbh. One that you can get map gifts from in fact.

GoB might be a bit of a stretch honestly but won't say no.

Might be, but if it were in exchange for a bunch of skirmish tickets, say 250 of them? Or 2500 Memories of Battle? 7500 Memories of Battle? I can see them doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Rubi Bayer.8493 can you also pass the message to the team that the hero chests trade on Gharr not having the 3 rare unid gear is bad and should be addressed.

Being able to trade those directly with him was a huge quality of life, but that part of not getting the unid gears which I suppose it's a "trade off" for being able to select the amount, was a very bad decision. If anything I'd like to ask the QoL team to look into those types of chests that you are able to select the rewards and change them into merchants types so we can skip the monotonous action of opening each one individually. There is a lot of them, especially in WvW and PvP rewards tracks.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 8:46 AM, Linken.6345 said:

How is this not a base qol in lions arch, since it take materials from other expansions like eye of kormir ( pof ) and leaf fossils (hot)

Edit

and lets not forget auric dust and ley line spark

A good change Anet kudos.

Gharr now appears in several new locations. No Masteries are required for players to see him or use his services in these areas:

• Dragon's Stand, east of Pact Base Camp Waypoint, offering Heart of Maguuma bulk exchanges.
  • Eye of the North, near Snargle Goldclaw, offering Crystal Desert bulk exchanges and 2 new daily exchanges.
  • Arborstone, near Kestrel Zuru, offering Cantha bulk exchanges and 5 new daily exchanges.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure pof is included there.

So with one would have the path of fire stuff?

dragon stand=hot, icebrood saga=eye of the north and end of dragons=arborstone.

would not amnoon have been a good place for path of fire?

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So with one would have the path of fire stuff?

dragon stand=hot, icebrood saga=eye of the north and end of dragons=arborstone.

would not amnoon have been a good place for path of fire?

The eotn one includes crystal desert exchanges, the patch notes say it too.

Eye of kormir already has its trades, 75 per day through https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunspear_Redemption_Wish (that one was always in place) and more through Gharr in WT.

Edited by Sobx.1758

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The eotn one includes crystal desert exchanges, the patch notes say it too.

Eye of kormir already is tradable, 75 per day through https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunspear_Redemption_Wish (that one was always in place) and more through Gharr in WT.

Cough well its late so might have skimmed the text I copy pasted abit to much =P

• Haha 1

I am a bit confused by the recent introduction of bulk exchanges where you can trade Hero's Choice chests in bulk. The UI can only be describes as chaotic. It even comes with a "Warning from Gharr Leadclaw" which basically says not to use this feature.

I'm curious, why was this added to the game? Who asked for this type of exchange? I can't imagine there are that many players with multiple stacks of unopened Hero's Choice chests. But let's say that was the case. Why didn't you change the Hero's Choice chest itself to behave like a merchant? Then it wouldn't have been some odd NPC vendor tab which, let's be honest, almost nobody will use.

• Confused 3