Are we finally getting spears on land?? [Merged]

Posted (edited)

I want to know if we will be able to take our underwater weapons out and land weapons into water. It would trully be the feature of the decade. I'm so incredibly hyped!

Edited by Mirta.5029
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

yes, but I doubt that's the new exciting feature we've been asking for the last 5 years since land spear has been requested since the beginning of the game.

on the other hand, a legendary Aquatic Headgear...

The last raid was added June 2019.

2024 - 2019 = 5   😉

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

It sure does seem like its spears on land. I'm honestly chuffed, but I need to see the rest of the expac before they sell me. Though its very close to tugging me by the collar with the possible woodland cascades hints... ha.

The "feature we've been asking for for five years" could also elude to a few things. A new raid for one. Hell, I'll even take a losing gamble of maybe a new class or race, but if it just the spears then, I'll take that too. Hopefully there's range and melee variants depending on the class.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

if a failed feature that nobody asked for and nobody plays is the new exciting feature, then I’ll be more than happy to keep my money 😉

Good that raids aren't such. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

Finally? Spears on land are a thing for many years now in form of melee staff users and it's spear skins, so if this is what I am supposed to be hyped in this x-pac than well... sorry, I won't be.

If They really want to make me hyped, add a weapon type we don't have already, Polearms, Tomes, Orbs, Claws/Fists, whatever, just something new... duplicating an existing weapon type and advertising it like it's something new is weak.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

So, would this be treated like the last additional weapon mastery?  Modify a few weapon traits to accommodate the new weapon, but no spear focused specialization?

Still alot of balancing.  Elementalist alone...

13 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

if a failed feature that nobody asked for and nobody plays is the new exciting feature, then I’ll be more than happy to keep my money 😉

I don't think anyone cares tbh

Play it or don't but people have definitely been asking for it lol

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Finally? Spears on land are a thing for many years now in form of melee staff users and it's spear skins, so if this is what I am supposed to be hyped in this x-pac than well... sorry, I won't be.

If They really want to make me hyped, add a weapon type we don't have already, Polearms, Tomes, Orbs, Claws/Fists, whatever, just something new... duplicating an existing weapon type and advertising it like it's something new is weak.

None of the melee staff users feel like you're using a spear. So it could feel as new as any of those other options.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Guyver.1426 said:

It may be just a tool with tool kits for special purposes, but not a weapon.

A tool with a fleshed out skin that could come straight out of a weapon set,
that is shown at the weapon slot both underwater and on land when stowed,
that is also shown when drawn
and has a draw and an idle animation?

Very unlikely that it will be just a tool kits for special purposes.

Also it would be very weird to teaser it by showing it while diving, swiming and then drawing on land.

4 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Spears on land are a thing for many years now in form of melee staff users and it's spear skins

Have you ever looked at how Thief, Rev and Warrior fight with their staff?
And have you ever looked how fighting with a spear looks like? In RL, in other games or even in GW2 underwater?
Saying we already have land spear with melee staff is like waving around with your arms and claiming you are an martial arts master. 

4 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

If They really want to make me hyped, add a weapon type we don't have already, Polearms, Tomes, Orbs, Claws/Fists, whatever, just something new..

Polearm - Literally land spear. I just read that we already have that in form of melee staff with a spear skin. 😉 

Tomes - Firebrand says hello. Plus there is a really nice tome skin for focus. I heared that's fine for you.

Orbs - That's what Focusses are. And to some degree scepter.

Claws - literally daggers...

None of your "new" weapon ideas add anything new to the game. What you listed are alternate skins for existing weapons, no new weapons.
I prefer land spear, an actual new weapon.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Adding both a 1h and 2h spear land weapon makes absolute sense.  It was THE main weapon for the vast majority of soldiers and hunters in nearly every part of the world and until guns eventually replaced them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Tinker.6924 said:

Adding both a 1h and 2h spear land weapon makes absolute sense.  It was THE main weapon for the vast majority of soldiers and hunters in nearly every part of the world and until guns eventually replaced them.

By that logic, shouldn't all professions then get either rifle or pistol(s), since they have replaced spears?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Land Spears, good. I'm all for my thief having another viable weapon that could actually be thematic. 

But, so many people are speculating that the 5+ year req feature is player housing, a new raid wing, a better LFG tool.

Whilst speculation is good for engagement, can we please not repeat the mistakes of the past and let rumour take hold, only to cast immediate doubt on the new expansion? 

So, is it possible just to get a "Yay" or "Nay" from someone that Land Spears is the requested feature?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'm trying to remember what happened between the last couple episodes of LW4 and Icebrood Saga that is a feature people have wanted. Housing is about all I can think of since that was when Sun's Refuge came out. People have been wanting land spears since launch.

38 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I'm trying to remember what happened between the last couple episodes of LW4 and Icebrood Saga that is a feature people have wanted. Housing is about all I can think of since that was when Sun's Refuge came out. People have been wanting land spears since launch.

The last raid got released june 2019.

We learn what the feature is June 2024.

That exactly 5 years. 

I bet on raids. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3