Personal Housing, A New Raid, A New Weapon, and More: Janthir Wilds launches August 20! [Merged]

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, xXxNikiGoesWildxXx.3678 said:

this new expansion and it will be 2 new maps only and 3. will come year later or so

What comes a 'year later' is the next expansion (6).  Updates to this expansion come every 3 months; map 3 releases at month 6 and 9. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2024 at 6:14 PM, Maximillion.3425 said:

Yeah, that's obvious. xD That point was a more theoretical thing. I'm not that deep into game dev but 2 months would be way too little time to change such a big feature. And I get that some people like that - I'm personally not a huge fan - but I hope people who do will have fun with it. And i hope it will generate enough money through gem items, so the team can grow, and we might get even more encounter based end-game content in future expansions and in GW3.

Anet is serious about housing because they have a sims4 guy doing it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

Do you have a source for this?

Yes. The trailer/promo video shows only decoration that already exists for Guild Halls.
(Edit: Here's a screenshot for the confused person, showing examples of decoration that already exists for Guild Halls: https://i.imgur.com/kmgw49w.jpeg)

Or was the question about the new Crafting Profession? --> See Rubi's post

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I am curious about the house types we can get. Will it be like in Elder Scrolls Online, a range from small cheap cottages to huge expensive manors? And will it be possible to buy houses in different parts of the world map or only in the Janthir map?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

I am curious about the house types we can get. Will it be like in Elder Scrolls Online, a range from small cheap cottages to huge expensive manors? And will it be possible to buy houses in different parts of the world map or only in the Janthir map?

We'll have to wait for the blog posts laying it out more obviously, but I would assume, just knowing scale of what we get, that it's one map. If it does well maybe we'll get a new one every year in new expansions.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Personal Housing, A New Raid, A New Weapon, and More: Janthir Wilds launches August 20! [Merged]
2 hours ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

We'll have to wait for the blog posts laying it out more obviously, but I would assume, just knowing scale of what we get, that it's one map. If it does well maybe we'll get a new one every year in new expansions.

That is to be expected, yes. And I feel like the people who wanted housing will not be happy with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/4/2024 at 4:25 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
  • We are not planning to add new strike missions in addition to the raid with Janthir Wilds.

Heyo, Rubi!  Just curious, with no new strikes, will SOTO strikes move to blue shards or stay green or something else entirely?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Degs.5148 said:

Heyo, Rubi!  Just curious, with no new strikes, will SOTO strikes move to blue shards or stay green or something else entirely?

I wish they wolud just unify the currency for all Strikes. First we had three separate ones for the IBS Strikes, then IBS became blue and EoD green, with SotO it shifted again. Enough with that nonsense, really.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/6/2024 at 9:02 AM, vrauns.3215 said:

Actually, anet has someone who worked on the sims4 for years to do the housing so people saying it’s just going to be crap, are wrong, if you played the sims, it’s very good.

How major of a designer he was at the Sims team? I was unable to find out, but from your response it seemst you do know that?

• Confused 3

On 6/4/2024 at 11:52 AM, vrauns.3215 said:

LOL not happening with a game this old, they have limitations you know.

lotro is older yet and they made home decorations placeable. Not from the beginning, but eventually.

On 6/4/2024 at 1:25 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We are not planning to add new strike missions in addition to the raid with Janthir Wilds.

No worries, but will there be new strikes in the future? Raids are too long for some people whether because of out-of-game responsibilities/needs, or whether because of poor endurance due to illness. 

Regardless, I'm pleased with the expansion. Spears sound fun and I'm super excited to try this on my ranger after seeing the video! Housing and spears are both often asked for so I love that these are here. 

I'd like to second the request for an upgrade option for buying the expac without enduring gathering tools for those of us that have enough tools. Option with the tools is great for new players or anyone who doesn't have enough yet, of course.

14 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

lotro is older yet and they made home decorations placeable. Not from the beginning, but eventually.

Home decoration will be placeable, otherwise the whole housing concept wouldn't make any sense. But certain assets, like home instance nodes, will likely have set locations that you won't be able to alter.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Not sure if it's been said already, but a few ideas for a home instance:

Place to displace titles, collection items, armor, trophies, chairs we have collected, banners of guilds we represent.

Picture option with an in-game screenshot we can hang up.

Bookshelf for all of the books, journals and lore we have collected over the years.

Maps we have completed or are in progress.

Aquarium to display the fish we have caught (or at least a few like GW1 Hall of Monuments). 

And on a separate note regarding fishing, a tackle box for our fishing bait, preferably shared across the account, would be great. 

• Like 5

Will there be a way to display/interact with alts you have made using personal homestead? I have like 20+ alts that I would love to be seen together like some kind of "account guild" of sort.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Yea, raid, strike, dungeon, fractal portal could be cool but it would invalidate all those except fractal for future lounges tho.

I'd be one thing they copied from wildstar.

Edited by Linken.6345

On 6/11/2024 at 6:27 PM, Lady Vanithy.6495 said:

I'm guessing it will be more a long the lines of FF14 Island Sanctuary with prefab structures and plots. Furnitures/decorations can be place in qualifying areas.

As a very long time FF14 player, I don't know why anyone would copy the island sanctuary, at all.

It's some of the worst content the game has ever added, and definitely the worst when it comes to recent years, and it's not like the community hasn't been vocal about it.

Edited by Kuldor.9682
  • Like 1

From reading many posts on the topic it really seems like there are very few ways to do housing "right" and many ways to do it wrong. It's not something that particularly interests me but neither do I have any antipathy for the feature. Hopefully it can be pulled off in a way that is sufficiently satisfying to those interested to be an important source of revenue for the game.

• Like 1