JAW New Legendary Spear and Backpack reward

The launch of Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds and each of its major releases will include a Wizard's Vault seasonal refresh that introduces new objectives and rewards. At launch, players will be able to work toward two new armor and weapon sets as well as several other cosmetic rewards. More cosmetics will be available in the following major releases, including a legendary spear and legendary backpack.

• Confused 3

I feel like this needs rewording/clarification. As it currently reads, it suggests that these legendaries are cosmetic, but obviously legendaries aren't just cosmetic.

That being said, I wonder where these legendaries will come from. Open world? New pvp mode? Raid?

It says from the vault, no? I'm guessing you can buy a token in each of the next 4 vaults for 1300 AA each, then combine them in the Forge to make the WV legendary.

But yeah, the wording is suspect or otherwise poorly written.

Why do we get yet another legendary backpack? It's literally the legendary we have the most of in relation to the amount of available slots.
We still don't have any legendary aquabreather and most of the trinkets have only one option per slot. I don't get the decision at all

• Like 7
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Why do we get yet another legendary backpack? It's literally the legendary we have the most of in relation to the amount of available slots.
We still don't have any legendary aquabreather and most of the trinkets have only one option per slot. I don't get the decision at all

Probably because someone had some creative idea that made this feel appropriate, instead of going to the spreadsheet to see which thing the players are clamouring for (but which the devs have no inspiration for).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

It says from the vault, no?

That's three independent sentences (at least I read it this way).
1) WV refreshes on major releases that will bring new objectives and rewards.
2) Two new armor and weapon sets (plus other cosmetics) available at launch.
3) More cosmetics + legendary spear and backpack in following major releases.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

That's three independent sentences (at least I read it this way).
1) WV refreshes on major releases that will bring new objectives and rewards.
2) Two new armor and weapon sets (plus other cosmetics) available at launch.
3) More cosmetics + legendary spear and backpack in following major releases.

Three separate sentences, but I admit I did have to reread that paragraph the first time to come to the same conclusion as you. Given how we're taught to write by using an introductory sentence followed by further detail/supporting sentences, I can see where the confusion can come from on a first read-through.

Posted (edited)

We already had the fractal one, where i could understand doing a openworld armor since the content was too hard for a lot of players the fractal one only require you to do t1-t4 and don't ask you to touch the cms.

I see often casual doing the ad infinitum collection in the lfg to so it's seem it's not an issue.

So it's kinda feel we get a duplicate legendary for pve and openworld at the same time ? I mean we have duplicate weapons sure but a lot of people were waiting either a legendary ring or a aqua breather.

Another thing since we have a new raid there is a chance either the spear or the backpack is a raid one cause they don't usually unannounced legendaries (maybe i'm wrong on that one and there will be a different legendary for the new raid and it's wing(s ?)) but if it's not and it's the backpack there is rly no point cause raid players clearly can do ad infinitum without any issue.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

Why not? More options don't/ won't ruin your experience any. If anything the options will make your experience better 

I don't mind but the pve legendary set is not over yet, they could have ended the set first before doing already fullfilled legendaries.

2 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Oh I really hope raids are not required for the new spear.

It's probably the backpack if it's one of the two.

2 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

I don't mind but the pve legendary set is not over yet, they could have ended the set first before doing already fullfilled legendaries.

It's probably the backpack if it's one of the two.

That would be nice. A backpiece could be a decent incentive for people to do the new raid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We had no new legendary backpack since 2017, so why not? An open world one as an alternative to fractals would make sense. A raid one also would make sense.

I agree with rings, an open world ring would make more sense, since the two we have are from WvW and raid.
Also an amulet would have made sense, since one of the two we have is from PvP and the other one requires the whole Elder Dragon Saga.
These two were my bets for the new expac.
Backpack was the my third bet though.

Aquabreather is demanded for a long time, but honestly, nobody needs that.
Creating a legendary breather just for completion would be a bad idea.
If they made one, it has to come with significant underwater content. Without an actual reason to craft one, only few people would make a legy breather.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Aquabreather is demanded for a long time, but honestly, nobody needs that.

Creating a legendary breather just for completion would be a bad idea.
If they made one, it has to come with significant underwater content. Without an actual reason to craft one, only few people would make a legy breather.

I concur. I wouldn't want them giving us a legendary aquabreather without also giving us viable underwater content that justifies the need for an aquabreather in the first place.

• Like 2

I was surprised they're adding a new legendary backpack as well. But I suppose ever since we got to the point where it's possible to have a full set of legendary equipment they've had to add duplicates of some sort if they wanted to keep offering new legendaries, and we haven't had a backpack for a while, so maybe that's all the logic it needed.

Afterall the legendary weapons all require a mix of PvE and WvW and I don't think anyone's questioned why, other than the perpetually reoccuring topics about having a PvE way to get the Gift of Battle and a WvW way to get the Gift of Exploration or a way to exchange one for the other.

I agree that Ad Infinitum isn't difficult to get though. I was originally going to make Warbringer since I play WvW regularly and had rarely touched Fractals when I decided I wanted a legendary backpack, but it takes me a very long time to get skirmish tickets and I wanted them for the armour as well, so I decided to make Ad Infinitum instead and it only took me a few months of doing it in between other things. If I remember correctly it only requires 1 T4 fractal - I had to ask my guild for help with that one because I hadn't unlocked T4 in the LFG menu but even then completing it was pretty easy (I had enough AR, just hadn't done enough Fractals to reach T4). Most of it could be completed in T1 and occasioanlly T2.

I'm curious about how the new one looks, but I'm unlikely to make it considering I only wanted one in the first place because I was stuck in the 2012/2013 mindset that level 80 exotic/ascended backpacks are extremely rare and hard to get and so I was holding onto a stupid number of spares and making a legendary (after the armoury came out) meant I could free up all that bank space and stop worrying about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Is it a legendary backpack (the first bag in your inventory which is not visible on the character model) or armor back piece (visible as a skin on your character model)?

It would be so cool if it was a legendary bag.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Errr....

I would prefer something more generic looking, yet elegant, to be honest

Have you not been paying attention to the skins in the gem store for the last 5-7 years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Mark Y golem backpack - it has nice animations and funny expressions...

Yes please. This backpiece and it's animations is so good. I still have to create a fitting outfit for it. Just have to find the time.

8 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Have you not been paying attention to the skins in the gem store for the last 5-7 years?

There are also some crafting ones with this style.

The Hoelbrak Anniversary Backpack is also pretty awesome.

Edited by kiroho.4738