This Is Lame

19 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No, we have lots of posters on the forums and personalities and sometimes it a matter of understanding which way they are coming from a topic.

I'm referring to a comment made on another post not this one and meant what i said the first time.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, latlat.4516 said:

titles were available until yesterday

I somehow must have missed this in the patch notes. (Yes it is there.) Remember the news that was a bit unclear (mentioned only the June 14h - reset and new system going to permanent beta while the May 21th was mentioned together with the PvE stuff in a different section in the news). Still possible to get it - got mine just by checking the vendor in a borderlands.

Most of the complaints about WR is the exact same complaints that's been with servers.

It's just from new ppl that suddenly experience what others did before, but it happening to you makes it more outrageous.

Give it time to settle, as always, just like after a relink, worlds are in random MUs and needs to go up or down. And you might even find that what has always been complained about now happens to less ppl.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Beelzebul.4510 said:

The game mode has always thrived off players having server pride and fighting for what that particular server/world strives to achieve. If you go to Mag you know your main goal is to gain SMC and not lose it under any circumstance. If you go to blackgate you know your supposed to PPT and make sure you stay T1 ect. every world had something it wanted and now no1 can determine what anyone wants to do. not to mention the horrible match making from the start. its just a huge failure as it always was. they just continue to shove what they think we want down our throats and honestly a survey probably could have prevented this all together IMO 

This post show the crux of the issue. A restructuring like this may have been feasible early on, but after more than a decade, the servers developed communities etc and this guild-based shifting sands ether is alienating.  It makes a player choose one guild, whereas before they could have played multiple styles with multiple guilds. And this rolled out without proper alliances mechanics. It would have been nice if there was a survey of those who actually play WvW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

If you look at it from another perspective:

If they tried to change this early in the game, then it would actually have pissed of MORE players because: (1) there where just that much more active players in wvw at the time. (2) players where more enthusiastic/engaged with their servers as the community aspect was at its top.

In that regard it would actually make more sense to do it later in the game, as you'd overall made less players angry.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Neocharm.1029 said:

There is a problem with the including of Guildmembers into an alliance when the Alliance is full.

What exactly do you mean with "when the alliance is full"? An alliance is a guild. A guild can have a maximum of 500 members. All 500 members of this guild should have selected the guild as their WvW guild and then all of these 500 players should end up on the same server/team.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ah history so far repeats itself from 2012-2014. So are we ready for matchup threads?

And have to repeat some of these ridiculously long or tongue twisting world names in word fights? no thanks.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And have to repeat some of these ridiculously long or tongue twisting world names in word fights? no thanks.

I was already shortening them in chat myself. What I found funny was the players using shortname plates thinking they could hide behind objects since I left normal nameplates on and them standing behind an object meant they were just standing in the open. Made me laugh.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I was already shortening them in chat myself. What I found funny was the players using shortname plates thinking they could hide behind objects since I left normal nameplates on and them standing behind an object meant they were just standing in the open. Made me laugh.

I always used the old nameplate when the changes came in and laughed when people were trying to hide like this - but now it's even easier with the longer names xd it's a beacon

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I don't think many would care at this point, it's just green blue red, might as well just have one matchup thread call it green vs blue vs red and dump all the grievances in there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I don't think many would care at this point, it's just green blue red, might as well just have one matchup thread call it green vs blue vs red and dump all the grievances in there.

In general agree. Next week I won't remember the names of the servers I face this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

If you look at it from another perspective:

If they tried to change this early in the game, then it would actually have pissed of MORE players because: (1) there where just that much more active players in wvw at the time. (2) players where more enthusiastic/engaged with their servers as the community aspect was at its top.

In that regard it would actually make more sense to do it later in the game, as you'd overall made less players angry.

Doing the deep dive on the old forums, this thread would fit into the thread during the free transfer days. 

11 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

See but here's the problem. You're talking about the Mag from 1-2 years ago. I was on Ebay, linked with Mag for the past 6 weeks prior to the WR beta starting today, and I can attest that the Mag you speak of is DEAD. The Mag on EBG was DEAD. Nothing but a group of random pugs, a quarter of whom where afk-running into walls at any given time. No guilds, no clouds, no nothing. And that's what server pride means to so many of us nowadays; nothing more than a relic of the past. Yes, there were 1-2 servers that stuck together and remained strong with more or less the same community from 10-12 years ago, but for almost every other server it meant NOTHING. So for most of us WR is a breath of fresh air. A chance to get out and meet new faces, form new alliances, start over, because what the servers had become was stale and boring. And I'm sorry if you weren't proactive and took the several weeks prior to WR to start forming an alliance guild, but many of us did and we're better off for it. And if you don't like what you have now, you have every opportunity in the next 6 weeks to start an alliance of your own for the next beta reset. And if you don't want to do that but just sit here and complain, well that's on you.

To be fair, being linked with Ebay is enough to make any server want to give up and uninstall. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

They will all get nicknames soon either way.

I ended up on Hall of Judgement.  Which, honestly, doesn't seem that bad compared to some of the others names.  I chose to do the first round as a "seat filler", and it's been interesting to say the least.  Already had the chance to fight peeps from my old world.   It is what it is.  Have fun and play...or don't.  /shrug

22 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I ended up on Hall of Judgement.  Which, honestly, doesn't seem that bad compared to some of the others names.  I chose to do the first round as a "seat filler", and it's been interesting to say the least.  Already had the chance to fight peeps from my old world.   It is what it is.  Have fun and play...or don't.  /shrug

Same went with a leaf on the wind method for this round as well to see what the mixes look like. 

On 6/15/2024 at 9:19 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

It's not perfect, it's just better than the previous system.

That's your opinion, of which you are more entitled to have. For me, at this stage, it's not and the 10 other people on my server who play during the hours I do, would probably agree 😛

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, a few days in this matchup is the worst I've ever hard but that's in part because my previous world had good coverage at my timezone and we generally had fun and made a good fight of it even when losing. It's also in part because my current matchup objectively sucks (no communication, few tags, outnumbered most of the time, losing the matchup badly with a 0.54 K / D ratio).

Players who were previously on worlds which didn't suit them and now have a much better matchup or who joined a mega guild and are enjoying stomping their enemies will likely be having a better time than they used to.

Only time will tell which is the more common outcome.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/18/2024 at 5:25 AM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Players who were previously on worlds which didn't suit them and now have a much better matchup or who joined a mega guild and are enjoying stomping their enemies will likely be having a better time than they used to.

Honestly, is it fun for the stacked servers? I thought they liked good fights and competition? Isn't it kind of boring to run around trying to chase down a squad half your size and roll over it in a 5-second fight? That can't be engaging content, or at least not for long. I could see it being fun for a few days maybe? For the same reason PvE players prefer challenging content, Id think WvW players would also prefer good balanced fights that are engaging and challenging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2