This new system is absolutely trash....fights are one sided

33 minutes ago, bernstein adelheid.8590 said:

So, the best course of action for you, is to chase and shoo away any player that enter the borderland you're playing in. No wonder you can't find content to do. 
I never had this issue, because i never, in 4000 WvW levels, went to gank south camps. In case of necessity, I always had something to capture back at any point. No matter the hour.
Before you ask, i always go to defend towers and keeps. 

My bet was that you were either a gandara, or an underworld player. I was right. 

My hope is that your world will be in this situation at some point and then you will understand that your only option is to not play wvw for 6 weeks. 

Until then i leave you with your thoughts and wish you the best.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely hate the new system, been playing WvW for 12 yrs. People say it'll get better, and I call doughnuts, big fat round doughnuts to be exact. Algorithm I think not, it's broke there's no Algorithm, it's only in Anet's mind. The server or tier we were in was absolutely one sided, then the other team then us. But really, I feel sorry for the peeps that play OCX or Sea time any other time besides NA.  If you start paying attention to your contact list more and more people are logging out at 10:30pm cst for me and 11 pm cst, which includes a lot of commanders. It's like if you don't wanna play in NA time then you will have the harder time trying to get points, especially since they changed the point system. I think Anet thinks that people that live in Australia, New Zealand or any other area that they can get on in NA times, they might have jobs, they could be at school or whatever the case may be, right now it's 11 pm cst for me and it's 2 pm in Australia or at least Sydney it is. Anet, are you trying to get rid of those players. A comment was made on the twitch stream about bad gaming behaviors or habits. I bought the game and if I want to game for 13 hrs. that's my prerogative. If it's such a bad thing that you want people to only play in NA times, after NA just shut it down completely. Bar the door, because as of right now you are killing the game. People can't play with their friends, because of your shuffling. And if they do they have to join the guild and maybe they aren't a good fit. People get on the forums and express how they feel, and it goes to the wayside. Anet is going to do what Anet wants to do, then when they lose everything and the game tanks worse than it is right now and people stop playing, they might wish they had listened. Your dev's aren't the only ones talking and I can guarantee that not a one of them is speaking for me, I have my own bad gaming habits (Roy), but they are mine and I love them. I'm sure the investors and stocks will start showing how they feel about the changes when they start losing money.  That's my rant for the day remember, Anet your gamers will either make you or break you. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

My problem is, I don‘t know for who I am fighting now. The alliances will change every now and then, so other people, nobody that I know. That‘s not a home server anymore, I fight only for my own loot, but that‘s all.

I don‘t like that and I want my real home server back.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

My problem is, I don‘t know for who I am fighting now. The alliances will change every now and then, so other people, nobody that I know. That‘s not a home server anymore, I fight only for my own loot, but that‘s all.

I don‘t like that and I want my real home server back.

Is it what the alliance system for? I would think if a guild leave the alliance, they will communicate with other guilds within the alliance. However, if a guild leave the server (in old server system), they're not going to tell the whole server that they're leaving (well .. at least i never saw a guild did that before)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Cool, how do you know which combo you are? It's using the old server names 😞

For that I would say check your current match score in game and then check different names on the site and see which comes up with matching numbers. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

So with balance being even worse than in the first shuffle and all the problems WR brings to motivate peeps playing WvW without any real connection to the server they are thrown at every few weeks, when will Anet admit that WR is hot garbage and go back to old servers before even the last players will leave the mode or will they actually acting like that little stubborn child not able to admit that they made hot garbage until the mode is dead in 2-3 months?

Edited by lindstroem.3601
  • Like 5

I'd describe the changes to WvW as diaspora and exclusivity. The current direction is unknown discords with hidden channels users. Invisible  private tags of closed squads doing 30v1's and because we have no server discords anymore, they cannot arrange fights or even know to tag up because they can't see the numbers of the enemy discord anymore. 
WvW now: 90% of the time... login. No tag. Do daily. Logoff.
OR 10% of the time... login. join tag. W key lesser numbers 3 wipes. PPT weekly's. Logoff.

Edited by cajalbelvue.5319
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Cool, how do you know which combo you are? It's using the old server names 😞

4 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

For that I would say check your current match score in game and then check different names on the site and see which comes up with matching numbers. 🤷‍♂️

You could also search for the current tier you are in (https://gw2mists.com/matches/na) and then compare the tier and colors (https://www.gw2matchup.com/home?region=na) to get the old names of a matchup to use at https://wvwintel.com/

I found it easier than comparing points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 1:52 PM, Khalessi.5603 said:

I think Anet thinks that people that live in Australia, New Zealand or any other area that they can get on in NA times, they might have jobs, they could be at school or whatever the case may be, right now it's 11 pm cst for me and it's 2 pm in Australia or at least Sydney it is. Anet, are you trying to get rid of those players.

Yes, they are and on more then one level.

I logged in to WvW last night around Australia prime time-ish. My team server was getting 8 points (we had a total of 4 Camps, nothing else). Funny enough one of the other teams wasn't any better. Basically everything was near total blue. We only started to get some stuff back over the next hour. We were still outnumbered buff on EBG but I'm pretty sure most of the blue team just logged off due to being bored.

Then, there's the recent changes to PvP tournaments, which has been even more anti-OCX. If you care, you can read about that here:

Basically, ANet really don't care about any players outside of NA or the EU people on the EU servers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So new matchup and as i expected Arena Net would now make it so that those that was on previouse Mirror of Lyssa are now put in a world where you if lucky have a small que on EB  during prime. Then one other border might at least not be outnumbered because we have guild raids going there. Outside of that most are outnumbered and home which ofc is red is nearly always outnumberd, and to top that even more  i am now on red border at week number 7 and at this point i just feel numb and wonder why i am even here. 7 weeks on red border do that to you. But now we are like 5 people on home during prime and i admit there is a bit more to do, and we always fight outnumbered but hey i am from Gandara we been doing that for years and years so nothing changes and i am used to it, but again red border, 7 weeks and i am dying inside, send help!

Imo this did not turn out much better. I get that it is not possible to make a perfect match, i don't even expect that. But EU should not be that hard to match. We only have 1 prime time. It should be easy to not mess that up. But up to now i seen too many players on my world the match before, and too few players on this world. I dunno Anet, i just don't feel that you are hitting the mark. I actually don't even feel you are close to it. And my friendslist activity is moving on lifesupport and i have a really long friendslist and also a even longer follower list. They where both super active in the past, but now not so much.  I dunno....

• Like 4

^ it feels like bava nisos might be the new mirrors of Lyssa this time around, even though it's only a week of the new team matching, with the amount of roamers, who generally end up clouding on ebg or elsewhere along with the chatmanders.

Unless there's an guild or open tag, if there are no small groups zerg busting either.

It's not that there's that much ppt groups as far as I'm aware, at least compared to them so far though, there's just a high population of active players, roaming groups and WvW guilds, but luckily half of the guilds will be on a break, until the end of August.

At least it will only last 3 more weeks.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 4

When I looked at the current overview of NA matches, no team had overall higher than 1.66 KDR, and no team lower than 0.66, which is actually not a bad balance at all. I've seen far worse unbalanced KDR stats with the old system.

If you are running around in wvw using PvE full berserker dps gear, and meet a fight zerg using much higher defensive armor rates, you will get slaughtered (in wvw you need to think about defensive attributes too).... and no you can't just put a healer in a group of squishies and expect that to work against wvw fight geared opponents. Zerg fights is mostly about retaining your player numbers consistently higher than your opponent can (and if you can't, then you usually gotta retreat/wipe).

• Like 2
  • Confused 8