A message from Sam Riegel (VA of Braham - and a lot of other NPCs)

Sam's video really had me choking up, I'm a big fan of Critical Role & seeing Sam come on stage to join the rest of the cast during their last live show I noticed how happy and emotional his friends were, and now it makes sense 

• Like 5

Looking just at the preview picture above, my first thought was "what has a young Tim Curry to do with Guild Wars?!", but apparently it's just a funny coincidence. Now after watching the video all I can say is thank you for sharing this with us. I hope it's a spark of hope for everyone going through similar kitten and all the best wishes to Sam for his further recovery!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I actually appreciate Braham's character arc, even if it was a bit truncated at the end of IBS. Probably one of the more complete character arcs we've seen in the game, and imo meaningfully representative of modern masculinity.

Sam seems like a super cool guy and I'm very glad he's recovering. I hope he keeps kicking kitten.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Thank you OP for sharing this.  As someone who has HPV and keeps an eye on it to make sure it doesn't turn kittenous, nd many women friends have had it, it's great to hear a male perspective and speaking out about their struggles with it and kitten.   Great recommendations for prevention, it wasn't available to many of us, and now annual checkups are the option.  

Sounds like Sam has a great support group, awesome he's healing, and all the love and wishes for a fantastic future and many exciting adventures ahead.  

• Like 4

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you all for taking a bit of time to leave these words of support!  We're all so happy to hear that Sam's doing well now, and I passed this thread on to someone to make sure that Sam has an opportunity to read it too!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

That's rough. Glad things are going great for him.
Sure will have a different perspective when i hear one of the characters he voiced ingame.

And what a great, heartfelt video. I went to YT and gave it a like, since a heart is not possible.

All the best Sam... See... no... Hear you ingame.

• Like 3

In case you're reading this, Sam:

You're an incredibly talented guy with tons of skill and experience, and I have no doubt that you'll come back stronger than ever after having bashed the dragon that is kitten

Wishing you a wonderful recovery, friend - your voice will always be a companion in my toughest times, and I'm glad our voices can now be the same for you

• Like 3

I already said this on other socials, but as a part of GW2 community, glad so see Sam doing well and... actually I don't know what else to say, I'm just so happy to hear from him.

Lots of love from the other side of the ocean.

• Like 2

I am glad to learn that he is recovering and hope that he continues to do well. As much as I've never liked the character of Braham due to his writing, the voice acting has always been top notch.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1