Is Anet ever going to fix the Off Hours EBG Spawn Camping?

Log into Laguula or Moogooloo right now and see Mag/green doing what they been doing for years - Spawn Camping. Isnt this some of the reason for restructuring? I'm calling kitten on Anet.

Edited by PepePepeloni.1654
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Alliance stacking players and guilds is still a thing, as long as the players agree to play together, under the same community guild.

Otherwise it's up to the current scuffed algorithm, where players and guilds are placed.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2

This video should explain the situation pretty well.

If you don't get it, then maybe 5 more years of being spawn camped by Mag (from beyond the grave at this point) may help. It's probably too late though.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, PepePepeloni.1654 said:

Log into Laguula or Moogooloo right now and see Mag/green doing what they been doing for years - Spawn Camping. Isnt this some of the reason for restructuring? I'm calling kitten on Anet.

Tier 5 need go. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

I got camped at enemy bl spawn tonight, two of three exits blocked. Was quite proud of my ability to occupy so many enemy players for so long /shrug . . .

This is the problem. For those saying "try another exit", they're not just camping the one exit. They do the same on desert or alpine, on the ones that are not your home bl.

• Thanks 1

nope, but you can fix it yourself. We got that kitten last week (or was it two weeks ago?), and miraculously, people actually listened and logged off. No flipping thing back, not bag feeding. After the maggots had taken everything and had absolutely nothing left to do for hours and hours, they simply stopped their crap and never attempted to pull that kitten again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, PepePepeloni.1654 said:

Anet failed at their first attempt. But you can always hope they'll do a better job at the next relink.

Ofc you could also try one of the other exits, which so many smart people suggest. Just to realize, that when spawn camping happens, the other team is so bored that they probably have enough people around to defend everything. The best choice in reality would be to switch map or to log off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/21/2024 at 6:03 AM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

This video should explain the situation pretty well.

If you don't get it, then maybe 5 more years of being spawn camped by Mag (from beyond the grave at this point) may help. It's probably too late though.

You see this is why I call you a messed up friend. lol. Splat, smack him for me plz while we on separate servers. 

On 7/21/2024 at 4:52 AM, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Spawn camping: Each spawn has 3 separate exits. Use them.
Some of the reason for restructuring: Not at all

Irrelevant. If one team has enough people to spawn camp, going out another exit is pointless.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

Irrelevant. If one team has enough people to spawn camp, going out another exit is pointless.

I seriously doubt that a team has the n,umber, organisation and commitment to block all 3 exit for more than a few minutes if any.
99% of the time they block the main exit, maybe also the closest side one is blocked by a small group; most likely a guild group but extremely rarely you have the farthest one blocked, because most people are just going to stay where the biggest group is (usually the main exit) because they are too afraid to fight in small groups.

• Like 1

i remember this being discussed indefinitely back when arenanet decided to block building siege in spawn, which was the main counter to spawn camping. if they were to add a supply pile in the spawn and re-enable building siege there (or at least arrow carts), i think the problem would quickly disappear.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

On 7/21/2024 at 3:37 AM, PepePepeloni.1654 said:

Laguula and Moog double teamed us late last night and managed to grab our keep. Red promptly leaves as soon as blue caps the keep, and blue tries to spawn camp us. We wiped them instantly even though we were still out numbered, no tag, very little map chat organization. The individual player skill on RR is just much higher, and the average RR player is just much more game for a good fight. I'm not sure how ANET can fix this kind of disparity through matchmaking, but making PPK higher is a good start.

Just stop playing. Then they will lose participation - if nothing is to gain anymore. I was in blue in EU yesterday (Bloodstone Gulch I think) ... doing my weekly guildmission (Obsidian Sanctum) for my solo guild. Then playing a bit to replenish the participation and timer. Boring to run far when we owned the whole EBG map (a bit past midnight into today, EU time zone) and in the borderlands barely anyone was when we capped their garrisons.

11 hours ago, Gauis.2768 said:

Would that really help? I definitely saw people complaining about it back when it was just servers. 

I can only speak for my experience, but I've seen more spawncamping, and for much longer, since the changes, than for years of when we had servers.

20 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

I seriously doubt that a team has the n,umber, organisation and commitment to block all 3 exit for more than a few minutes if any.
99% of the time they block the main exit, maybe also the closest side one is blocked by a small group; most likely a guild group but extremely rarely you have the farthest one blocked, because most people are just going to stay where the biggest group is (usually the main exit) because they are too afraid to fight in small groups.

You've obviously never played against Mag. It's toxic and definitely ruins anyone's WvW experience. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

I can only speak for my experience, but I've seen more spawncamping, and for much longer, since the changes, than for years of when we had servers.

It's very obvious that Anet has been soft about allowing people to put in tickets and transferring them to stacked servers.

The bandwagoning is just as bad as before. 

• Like 1