Legendary spear should be available with launch of expension

The developers in ArenaNet are no wizards, and they can't fulfil any miracles.

They only have a limited amount of ressources like manpower and working time per weak. They have to evaluate how they at best can set their priorities. A legendary is per se absolutely unnecessary for using landspears. You had more than enough time to craft multiple ascended spears, or even the G1 legendary, if you really want it.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

The wizard's vault new season will include the unlock for a quest to gain a shiny Ascended Spear. Not sure how long that quest will be or what it will involve, but there you go if you want the  'flow' of unlocking a shiny new spear to play with in the expac.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

They only have a limited amount of ressources like manpower and working time per weak. They have to evaluate how they at best can set their priorities. A legendary is per se absolutely unnecessary for using landspears. You had more than enough time to craft multiple ascended spears, or even the G1 legendary, if you really want it.

That's bs. They're pacing content and making sure people have something to look forward to with the quarterly updates. They could've done this at the start but chose not to and that's fine. I do hope that they'll come out with what's required to craft it though before; rather sooner than later.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

9 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's bs. They're pacing content and making sure people have something to look forward to with the quarterly updates. They could've done this at the start but chose not to and that's fine. I do hope that they'll come out with what's required to craft it though before; rather sooner than later.

Why not a little bit of both?

They need to find a way to fill the hole year with enough updates, and they try to avoid, that the developers work themself in crunsh times to death.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

Surely they just put a purple border on the icon and it's sorted right? 😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

Why not a little bit of both?

They need to find a way to fill the hole year with enough updates, and they try to avoid, that the developers work themself in crunsh times to death.

Well, it could be but I think it's more about the pacing of content and making decisions about what and when. Of course they're not wizards and can't just make everything happen at the same time but that doesn't have much of anything to do with why they kept the legendary spear for the end of the year imo. They could've moved something backward and brought this forward but they deemed it best to make this part of the first quarterly update and as much as I want the legendary spear I do get it.

They are limited in resources as everybody is, but I believe it has more to do with the spreading of the "carrots" they can dangle in front of people. That's what I'm saying.

• Confused 4

There's a gen1 totally available, right now. I'm actually halfway expecting them to put the precursor in the next legendary start kit, it would just make sense, but I don't know. I managed to sell a legendary spear for 2.7k gold before launch, so I'm not complaining. The farmers are going to have a heyday if the next starter kit doesn't have the spear precursor. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/17/2024 at 9:30 AM, Firebeard.1746 said:

There's a gen1 totally available, right now. I'm actually halfway expecting them to put the precursor in the next legendary start kit, it would just make sense, but I don't know. I managed to sell a legendary spear for 2.7k gold before launch, so I'm not complaining. The farmers are going to have a heyday if the next starter kit doesn't have the spear precursor. 

You may very well be right. And besides, in the end people would need two legendary spears: one for above ground and one for under water. I already have the Gen1 spear, can't remember the name, Kamehameha or something 😉 

Seemed like a good idea to make one once spears were confirmed

• Confused 1

On 8/17/2024 at 11:13 AM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

You can craft a legendary spear right now. Or buy it off the trading post directly if you're rich and lazy.

On 8/17/2024 at 4:30 PM, Firebeard.1746 said:

There's a gen1 totally available, right now. 

On 8/17/2024 at 12:24 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Well, you're in luck! You can actually begin crafting a legendary spear right now! Two, even, or three!

How is it possible for you people to miss a point this hard...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

On 8/18/2024 at 7:50 AM, Pyre.2467 said:

How is it possible for you people to miss a point this hard...

"Legendary spear should be available with launch of expension."

Legendary spear was available at the time of the OP's post. How did I miss the point?

Yes, I realize the OP was referring to the soon to be released version, but the full legendary functionality was already available to them, with a known skin, whereas the new skin might not appeal to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2024 at 11:57 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Easy for you to say all that when you're not a developer and you don't know what is going on behind the scenes, nor do you know how their process works.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ShatteredStars.6548 said:

we don't even know what's needed yet.

It's entirely possible it could be free, similar to the Prismatic Champion's Regalia (Legendary Amulet), although I'd be surprised ANet throwing such a massive bone to the community. It'd be a really cool gimme to the community as those who aren't big into the Spears would then get a free aquatic weapon functionally.

We can probably guess several things:

• Gift of Research - Used in Gen3 and Obsidian Armour
  • Gift of the Mists - Used since Gen2
  • Gift of Condensed Might & Magic - Used since Gen2
  • Mystic Clovers - Likely 38 to match Gen3
  • Kryptis Essences - These are being renamed to "Rift Essences" in the new expansion, with new Convergences coming. Likely need at least 12 Amalgamated so it directly competes with Obsidian Armour
  • 100g (Icy/Mystic Runestones)
  • Gift of Expansion:
    • Gift of Maps
      • Completion of Map 1
      • Completion of Map 2
      • Completion of Map 3 (unavailable until 2nd or 3rd content drop)
      • Purchased for 250 currency from each map + Unusual Coins (Mastery-related)
    • Condensed Currency x3 costing 250*X of each map currency (or event completion in each map)
  • Item purchasable after completing
    • Story-line  Completion Achievement
    • Armour-related Collection Achievement
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShatteredStars.6548 said:

you act like you'll be able to make the new spear tomorrow, if it was ready at launch. we don't even know what's needed yet.

Indeed, it's highly unlikely that we'll have the bits we need for the new Legendaries lying around our banks.

With that in mind I hope they give us Collection Achievements like the SotO ones that will show us what we'll need to gather for the new Legendaries so we can collect what we need in advance.

17 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I have a better one: the whole expansion content should be available with the launch of expansion.

But it won't be. 🤷‍♂️ 

I actually agree with this. We tried it with Soto and, honestly, it didn't feel great stretching it over a year. I get what they are trying to do but I forgot most of the story by the time the next part released. Just keep the old expansion model and do something else in between.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4