WvW reward track and gift of battle

Zoid.2568

Why is it so slow to level up the reward track in WvW and SPvP is so much faster? also you can't get the gift of battle in sPvP, only WvW which is less rewarding and not as fun. Can we improve on this and make WvW reward track faster and maybe add gift of battle to PvE and SPvP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 16

8 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Then why don't they fix it already?

Two reasons

Firstly that would be for them to consider it broken. It isn't - it's a specific reward for playing a specific game mode. It's doing the job it was designed for - encouraging people into other modes to get an endgame weapon skin

Secondly, it would need an equal length task in pve to avoid being triviliased. And no one can agree what that is. Some people want it as almost a freebie from the vault (a terrible idea of course). I've suggested a direct trade with the gift of exploration (people moan about that though). 

I think the issue is, no matter what they might do, people will moan about the possible solution and want it changed

For now though, I suggest loading up on wvw track boosts

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Two reasons

Firstly that would be for them to consider it broken. It isn't - it's a specific reward for playing a specific game mode. It's doing the job it was designed for - encouraging people into other modes to get an endgame weapon skin

As someone who mostly does WvW for GoBs, I believe this to be the sole reason

Apart from needing those to get Legendary Weapons (the 2nd gen being otherwise inaccessible without the gift, as you cannot buy those on TP), you also need the GoBs for both open-world accessory legendaries and the PvP Legendary Necklace. If they thought GoBs being in WvW is a problem, we'd have seen a source of those outside by now.

Especially assuming some basic-level gameplay of flipping camps and PvE/PvP through WvW, getting one is mostly a matter of time. If they added the ability to get those outside of WvW, not as many people would have felt like going there in the first place, let alone if the rate at which you could get them was similar

I tried WvW, didn't like it, but I'd still rather do some basic things for 4~ hrs there than shell out 2k gold 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Why is it so slow to level up the reward track in WvW and SPvP is so much faster? also you can't get the gift of battle in sPvP, only WvW which is less rewarding and not as fun. Can we improve on this and make WvW reward track faster and maybe add gift of battle to PvE and SPvP.

I don't want to burst your bubble mate, but, WvW Reward Tracks are generally faster.

In PvP you get 700 points for a win, taking into account the length of a match and queue times you can look at 15 minutes in total for the combo of those two.. if you win all your matches and you have 70% worth of boosts it still takes almost 5 hours. You go in with a simple Guild Boost then 6h30m
If you have a 50% winrate, which is way more realistic than winning all matches then it will be somewhere around ~9 hours.

WvW reward tracks realistically take 5.5-6 hours, and are not dependent on the skill of a team, cap a camp, repeat again in 9 minutes, between the 2 do whatever, but, that whatever also keeps your participation up, you also get potions of WvW reward track progress further shortening the time it takes to max a reward track.
With the same 70% boost I mentioned WvW is 5 hours or less.

3 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Then why don't they fix it already?

Because nothing's broken. GoB is a WvW reward, I can't get the Finisher rewards in WvW either.. because they're PvP rewards.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I don't want to burst your bubble mate, but, WvW Reward Tracks are generally faster.

In PvP you get 700 points for a win, taking into account the length of a match and queue times you can look at 15 minutes in total for the combo of those two.. if you win all your matches and you have 70% worth of boosts it still takes almost 5 hours. You go in with a simple Guild Boost then 6h30m
If you have a 50% winrate, which is way more realistic than winning all matches then it will be somewhere around ~9 hours.

WvW reward tracks realistically take 5.5-6 hours, and are not dependent on the skill of a team, cap a camp, repeat again in 9 minutes, between the 2 do whatever, but, that whatever also keeps your participation up, you also get potions of WvW reward track progress further shortening the time it takes to max a reward track.
With the same 70% boost I mentioned WvW is 5 hours or less.

Your PvP calculations are assuming that someone is playing unranked. You can actually progress the tracks faster in Ranked

In case you are playing ranked, with a 50% win rate and a 70% boost, assuming a 15 minute time for queuing + playing a game:

300/15 = 20 games

10 wins = 1190*10 = 11900 progress + 100-110 pips (you can get 1 extra per game if you get a top stat)

10 losses = 595*10 = 5950 progress + 30-40 pips (likewise)

Pips (10 pips = 3x250 progress pots) = between 130-150 pips = between 39-45 pots = 9750-11250 progress

We get between 27600 and 29100 progress.

If we include my own status (usually Platinum rank for extra 2 pips per game) and a ~55% win rate, the progress becomes faster as well

11 wins = 1190*11 = 13090 progress + 132-142 pips

9 losses = 595*9 =  5355 progress + 45-55 pips

Pips = between 177-197 pips = between 51-57 pots = 12750-14250

31195-32695 progress

To match the speed of the 50% winrate calculation, the WvW track player would need to get at least 7710 extra progress cause 27600-(60×((195×1,7)))=7710, so 31 of them 

Assuming our test player avoids WvW and ergo does not have any skirmish track progress, it would take until the gold 1 to get 33 pots

So they have (assuming a time of 5 hrs) 60 ticks to get to 435 wvw pips: so they need 7.25 pips per tick. Unless the Player has the commitment bonus, they will get at best 7 per tick if their World of choice is winning

If they are in Diamond chest, then this lowers to 385 pips for a ~6.4 per tick. Achievable by someone with no extra pips, but still hinging on team placement.

WvW with a high wxp rank is still likely to be faster, but at the point someone has a high wxp rank, they likely do not have a GoB shortage problem to begin with

So as a minor correction, your team's performance in WvW is relevant for lower rank people

Edited by CraftyK.9062
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Secondly, it would need an equal length task in pve to avoid being triviliased. And no one can agree what that is. Some people want it as almost a freebie from the vault (a terrible idea of course). I've suggested a direct trade with the gift of exploration (people moan about that though).

I completely agree with that GoE. That should make the WvW'ers happy as they grumble about exploring all original maps, and the PvE'ers as they grumble about having to PvP.  1 GoB for 2 GoE for 1 Gob.  Should be fair.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

I completely agree with that GoE. That should make the WvW'ers happy as they grumble about exploring all original maps, and the PvE'ers as they grumble about having to PvP.  1 GoB for 2 GoE for 1 Gob.  Should be fair.

I think it should be 1 GoB for 1 GoE and vice versa. There's a reason why Anet gives 2 GoE's for exploring all core maps.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think it should be 1 GoB for 1 GoE and vice versa. There's a reason why Anet gives 2 GoE's for exploring all core maps.

They give 2 because of main hand and off hand weapons, and or weapon swap. 

And for those that forgot.  At launch it used to require getting all the POIs in WvW to get gift of exploration.  WvW has directly tied to getting legendary weapons. 

They only changed it because it was too common for some servers to get stuck with two colors, due to how the matchup system works.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

They give 2 because of main hand and off hand weapons, and or weapon swap. 

And for those that forgot.  At launch it used to require getting all the POIs in WvW to get gift of exploration.  WvW has directly tied to getting legendary weapons. 

They only changed it because it was too common for some servers to get stuck with two colors, due to how the matchup system works.  

And we got Gift of Battle by farming the jumping puzzle in each borderland to get enough tokens

Ah happy days...

Well... maybe not "happy". Days certainly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

And we got Gift of Battle by farming the jumping puzzle in each borderland to get enough tokens

Ah happy days...

Well... maybe not "happy". Days certainly...

Definitely faster to get gift of battle from Badges of honour like in the olden days than this.

Honestly OP is correct, it doesn't improve the enjoyment of the game for anyone to have people semi-AFK in WvW waiting for the PPT to fill up their bar. The person doing that is not having fun, and the people in WvW will also end up hurting from having people filling slots for PPT.

The best choice (which will definetly never happen) would be to have a new recipe for Gift of Mastery, and Gift of the Mists (which is soo much worse) that use only items obtained in PvE, that or just plop 1-2 Gifts of battle, Glory and War in the wizards vault per season for 1200 points each.

• Confused 1

On 8/17/2024 at 6:11 AM, Zoid.2568 said:

Why do so many people complain about this?  Just do it and get it done.  You will spend more time posting about it then actually just doing it. 😞 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, CraftyK.9062 said:

Your PvP calculations are assuming that someone is playing unranked. You can actually progress the tracks faster in Ranked

In case you are playing ranked, with a 50% win rate and a 70% boost, assuming a 15 minute time for queuing + playing a game:

300/15 = 20 games

10 wins = 1190*10 = 11900 progress + 100-110 pips (you can get 1 extra per game if you get a top stat)

10 losses = 595*10 = 5950 progress + 30-40 pips (likewise)

Pips (10 pips = 3x250 progress pots) = between 130-150 pips = between 39-45 pots = 9750-11250 progress

We get between 27600 and 29100 progress.

If we include my own status (usually Platinum rank for extra 2 pips per game) and a ~55% win rate, the progress becomes faster as well

11 wins = 1190*11 = 13090 progress + 132-142 pips

9 losses = 595*9 =  5355 progress + 45-55 pips

Pips = between 177-197 pips = between 51-57 pots = 12750-14250

31195-32695 progress

To match the speed of the 50% winrate calculation, the WvW track player would need to get at least 7710 extra progress cause 27600-(60×((195×1,7)))=7710, so 31 of them 

Assuming our test player avoids WvW and ergo does not have any skirmish track progress, it would take until the gold 1 to get 33 pots

So they have (assuming a time of 5 hrs) 60 ticks to get to 435 wvw pips: so they need 7.25 pips per tick. Unless the Player has the commitment bonus, they will get at best 7 per tick if their World of choice is winning

If they are in Diamond chest, then this lowers to 385 pips for a ~6.4 per tick. Achievable by someone with no extra pips, but still hinging on team placement.

WvW with a high wxp rank is still likely to be faster, but at the point someone has a high wxp rank, they likely do not have a GoB shortage problem to begin with

So as a minor correction, your team's performance in WvW is relevant for lower rank people

Yes, if comparing a 50% winrate in spvp to a completely 0 WvW rank new player who is on a not dominating WvW shard, then Spvp is slightly faster.

The moment the player has a worse win rate in Spvp, or has attained 1-2 ranks or more in WvW and has the commitemnt bonus pip, WvW pulls ahead. All it takes to achieve 7+ pips guaranteed baseline is 2 bonus pips from WvW rank (resulting in 4-6 base, +1 commitment, +2 from rank) which is WvW rank of 650 if Inam not mistaken.

If Spvp is a sprint, WvW is a marathon. Both reward the player with reward designs custom to either mode which reflect this.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 5:13 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

1 to 1 or 1 to 2 is way too low. In a vendor exchange system there should be a price for the exchange and not playing the content in the game mode it is available, be that PvE, WvW or sPvP.

18 hours ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

Definitely faster to get gift of battle from Badges of honour like in the olden days than this.

Honestly OP is correct, it doesn't improve the enjoyment of the game for anyone to have people semi-AFK in WvW waiting for the PPT to fill up their bar. The person doing that is not having fun, and the people in WvW will also end up hurting from having people filling slots for PPT.

The best choice (which will definetly never happen) would be to have a new recipe for Gift of Mastery, and Gift of the Mists (which is soo much worse) that use only items obtained in PvE, that or just plop 1-2 Gifts of battle, Glory and War in the wizards vault per season for 1200 points each.

Any gifts in the WV should be higher than the WV allows now. 30K range. So they would need to adjust for partially spending or increase the amount that could be stacked. Leggos are end game content. Its should require some effort and not just be a bag of popcorn in the microwave. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

The only real issue is that Celebration boosters give a piddling 10% bonus to reward track. In contrast, heroic boosters give 50% so I feel like the 10% was just kinda tacked on and not thought about. I suppose they were designed when World Rank was the main progression thing in WvW, but these days it's just really some extra greens clogging your inventory.

They should also look at bonfires; most of the bonuses are useless in WvW, so making it boost reward track would be nice. Also Hero Banners could use some reevaluation maybe.

Maybe the WV could give a few boosters or bonfires? That'd make a lot of people happy. Unless you're running events for a large group of people regularly, there's like no way to justify buying these things off the gem store.

Events that boost reward track should be more common, so people will come in. You know, like big events such as restru.... ugh. Seriously, ANet.

Of course, with warclaw becoming a baseline mount in the new expansion, new players should have a much easier time.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

21 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Why do so many people complain about this?  Just do it and get it done.  You will spend more time posting about it then actually just doing it. 😞 

I hate WvW, its the worst game mode. I'd rather play Dota 2, much better PvP.  About 99.9% of GW2 players play PvE, so why should all of us PvEers be forced to play a gamemode most of us hate when legendaries is mostly a PvE thing. If 10% of GW2 players actually enjoyed WvW i could see it being a thing, but that's not the case. Add GoB as a reward in PvE and SPvP and everyone is happy. Forcing us to having to WvW is not a good idea, force is never a good thing. 

When i WvW i join  a group or a squad, we fight, I die and then WP, run back to fight, die and WP and repeat. Boring as hell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Not even 1% of the GW2 playerbase enjoy WvW, it's a kitten gamemode.

Welcome to the WvW subforum. I won't ask you where you got your stats from. As was said above the reward tracks have already been speed up a lot over time. Now should they have replaced the WvW potions with the instant ones not sure....but the instant ones are a lot faster. Use boosters and its even faster. 

18 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

I hate WvW, its the worst game mode. I'd rather play Dota 2, much better PvP.  About 99.9% of GW2 players play PvE, so why should all of us PvEers be forced to play a gamemode most of us hate when legendaries is mostly a PvE thing. If 10% of GW2 players actually enjoyed WvW i could see it being a thing, but that's not the case. Add GoB as a reward in PvE and SPvP and everyone is happy. Forcing us to having to WvW is not a good idea, force is never a good thing. 

When i WvW i join  a group or a squad, we fight, I die and then WP, run back to fight, die and WP and repeat. Boring as hell.

WvW is popular enough to have map queues. Most pve players, going by these forums and reddit posts, also like to play WvW. 

The few pve players who do hate WvW, are not forced to play this game mode. You'll miss out on that piece of gear you wanted but you're not forced. I'm not forced to do any pve and I miss out on a lot of stuff but decisions. 

If Dota 2 pvp were better, I guarantee everyone here would be playing that right now. The combat in this game is largely what has kept most long term players playing. Not many games have matched GW2 combat or at least haven't been able to put that together with other aspects of the game, like a massive pvp mode that has actual lines to get in. 

If you keep dying and running back to die, what are you even doing. Figure out the map flow and how thing work at least. Don't complain about and item you're not entitled to if you're going to be dead weight and a Rally bot for your team to have to drag. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

WvW is popular enough to have map queues. Most pve players, going by these forums and reddit posts, also like to play WvW. 

The few pve players who do hate WvW, are not forced to play this game mode. You'll miss out on that piece of gear you wanted but you're not forced. I'm not forced to do any pve and I miss out on a lot of stuff but decisions. 

If Dota 2 pvp were better, I guarantee everyone here would be playing that right now. The combat in this game is largely what has kept most long term players playing. Not many games have matched GW2 combat or at least haven't been able to put that together with other aspects of the game, like a massive pvp mode that has actual lines to get in. 

If you keep dying and running back to die, what are you even doing. Figure out the map flow and how thing work at least. Don't complain about and item you're not entitled to if you're going to be dead weight and a Rally bot for your team to have to drag. 

About 100 million play Dota 2 daily. WvW in GW2 is not even close to that number.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4