Woad Armor

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's even better when you realize, that the very same expansion where they make this gambit also does not give you WvW unlock of Warclaw. The mount strongly thematically tied to it. This mount is granted to WvW by PoF, and PoF only.

Wow really? Man this whole situation just gets dumber by the minute. I REALLY hope that this is just some sort of "the intern screwed up the heart vendor rewards and we don't want to admit it" situation (would explain Titanplate having 2 different acquisition methods for 3 different, wildly inequal currencies on 3 different vendors), because otherwise I am seriously concerned about the direction this game is heading in. It really paints decisions like moving from ~15 minute a la carte strikes to raids with 60+ minute time commitments in a new light. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt after seeing how tight and efficient SotO was with its resources, but now it just seems like we're back to the days of complete nonsense moon logic. Like I legitimately would not be surprised if they announced another $400,000 esports push at this point.

11 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Just for reference: I am rank 10k in WvW

Welp that explains a lot.

Edit: Literally got a confused react within 5 seconds of posting this lol. Guess we're just not even pretending to read anymore. 😄

Edited by Sweetbread.3678
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Welp that explains a lot.

Edit: Literally got a confused react within 5 seconds of posting this lol. Guess we're just not even pretending to read anymore. 😄

It does I guess and I am trying to stay open minded about Spvp myself,  I haven't set foot in that mode seriously for a long time now (ever since finishing the backpack years ago), and while I do spend the majority of my time in PvE, I try to keep an open mind as to what could be best for the game which once launched with 3 distinct game modes.

As far as confused emotes, I'd recommend ignoring them. That's what I do (and I rarely confuse emote someone unless it is really confusing or weird). Emotes in general give a sense of what others in a thread might agree or disagree with, but in the end it's the developers call either way so why care?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Only bad thing about this Woad stuff is not the WvW acquisition aspect, but just how bad the medium looks compared to the light and heavy. Wish the medium had even close to a similar theme as the others or if all 3 sets were universal skins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

As far as confused emotes, I'd recommend ignoring them. That's what I do (and I rarely confuse emote someone unless it is really confusing or weird). Emotes in general give a sense of what others in a thread might agree or disagree with, but in the end it's the developers call either way so why care?

Oh trust me I don't. I just thought it was hilarious that in the time between posting it and glancing down to check the clock someone had already confused reacted it. All I can think is that some psychopath saw I was typing and was just spam refreshing the page for 10+ minutes waiting for to do their emoji downvote. Might be outlandish, but given that I just came back to 296 notifications where someone had, in the last 2 hours, confused reacted my entire post history, I guess there's either a bot on the loose or I have a GW2 forums stalker now?

Seems about as logical an endpoint as anything else in this kittening dumb situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Zahark.7610 said:

Well there it is, the new method for acquiring the armor. 900 badges of honor and 200g+. Thank you (irony) @Rubi Bayer.8493 and @ArenaNet. I guess this topic was useless and it is now closed. Thanks everyone.

How about from now on, we STOP equating everything to the Trading Post prices

memories of battle can be EARNED in game, not just bought from the TP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Zahark.7610 said:

Well there it is, the new method for acquiring the armor. 900 badges of honor and 200g+. Thank you (irony) @Rubi Bayer.8493 and @ArenaNet. I guess this topic was useless and it is now closed. Thanks everyone.

40g (at this time) per piece is a lot to you? Thats price of average new black lion weapon skin. 900 badges of honor is also pretty easy to get.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zahark.7610 said:

Gold is not my problem, I could make rain gold from my inventory if there was a way. I stated my problem when I created the topic. Anyway, turning notifications off, bye.

If the gold is not a problem then why are you complaining about the gold price :classic_blink:

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Well, i suppose i STILL have to do WvW.....but atleast the annoying parts can be bought off the TP. its marginally better. now i atleast can also just do achievo's for the achievement chests.

You don't actually:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor

Check the Contained in section. Make a note of all the achievement chests which reward Badges of Honor. It's around 5k AP for over 1,000 Badges of Honor vie PvE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zahark.7610 said:

40g a piece? I throw much more than that on single items skins I like.

40g is perfectly reasonably, its a couple of hours play max if you do a profitable activity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zahark.7610 said:

Seems fair to me play pve that drowns you in gold and buy the armor or play some wvw and get the armor.

Even better if you do pve since you combat inflation with the tp tax and give the poor wvwers some gold.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4

Welp I hope this new design philosophy of arbitrarily cutting PvE content in the most glaringly obvious way possible to sell "EXClusIviTY" to a bunch of pvpers in lieu of you know, actually developing an actual feature for those modes, works out for Anet. I uninstalled earlier and won't be spending on any future expansions, because I know that definitely does not for me. I'm not buying another expansion that I know will be pve content dead within a month, due to a huge chunk of its rewards structure and every single one of it's thematic armor cosmetics being locked behind pvp side modes who even after more than a decade can't stand on their own merits, and who's only thematic connection to the expac are, "we got a new checkbox to click in our menu of other checkboxes to click". Writing's on the wall yall.

I think the saddest, most pathetic part of all this is that the PvP/WvW people here are literally just settling for spite. Like nobody with an even remotely functioning frontal lobe would look at the Kodan themed armor of this Kodan themed, overwhelmingly PvE focused expansion (because that's what people overwhelmingly bought it for), that was designed for and then adapted from the main Kodan npcs of the pve story mode, and would then go "this armor was designed with WvW in mind". Like yall had absolutely no thought or effort put towards either pvp mode, they couldn't even be bothered to make a pvp/wvw themed armor set, they had to repurpose one that was already made for the PvE campaign. The hilarious thing is, you could have had an actual expansion feature; something like a rework of the reward tracks system to reward tokens that would allow for access to strike/raid/Special Ops mega-achieve style rewards that don't 1:1 line up with the effort of a single reward track, but all you got as a "feature" was just the ability to go "neener neener you can't have this unless you do this thing you hate" for a thing that not a single second of deliberate effort went into making with you in mind. And you fell for it. You settled for pure narcissistic spite that benefits absolutely nobody.

I guess Anet wanted to justify the infinite money pits that are WvW and SPvP by artificially inflating their low populations (spoilers: the populations aren't low because nobody knows what they're about after TWELVE YEARS, it's because most people just think that they're kittening terrible); but going off the fact that even 12+ years in both modes are perpetually on death's door, I somehow I doubt the amount of new WvW enthusiasts is going to outpace the amount of resentful PvEers who now have buyer's remorse over their gutted expansion. And man, if that 4th armor set that's added in with the updates is only 6 skins and the expansion ends up with a full 50% of it's armor cosmetics locked behind a 50+ hour (and/or 2700 badge of justice + 720+g🙃) WvW grind, yall are probably gonna REALLY regret moving the needle of a lot of players from "begrudgingly tolerate the GoB grind" to "actively opposing the existence of unsustainable, unmonetizable, parasitic, failed PvP modes that are now actively harming the parts of the game that actually fund its existence." Good luck with that. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8

11 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Welp I hope this new design philosophy of arbitrarily cutting PvE content in the most glaringly obvious way possible to sell "EXClusIviTY" to a bunch of pvpers in lieu of you know, actually developing an actual feature for those modes, works out for Anet. I uninstalled earlier and won't be spending on any future expansions, because I know that definitely does not for me. I'm not buying another expansion that I know will be pve content dead within a month, due to a huge chunk of its rewards structure and every single one of it's thematic armor cosmetics being locked behind pvp side modes who even after more than a decade can't stand on their own merits, and who's only thematic connection to the expac are, "we got a new checkbox to click in our menu of other checkboxes to click". Writing's on the wall yall.

I think the saddest, most pathetic part of all this is that the PvP/WvW people here are literally just settling for spite. Like nobody with an even remotely functioning frontal lobe would look at the Kodan themed armor of this Kodan themed, overwhelmingly PvE focused expansion (because that's what people overwhelmingly bought it for), that was designed for and then adapted from the main Kodan npcs of the pve story mode, and would then go "this armor was designed with WvW in mind". Like yall had absolutely no thought or effort put towards either pvp mode, they couldn't even be bothered to make a pvp/wvw themed armor set, they had to repurpose one that was already made for the PvE campaign. The hilarious thing is, you could have had an actual expansion feature; something like a rework of the reward tracks system to reward tokens that would allow for access to strike/raid/Special Ops mega-achieve style rewards that don't 1:1 line up with the effort of a single reward track, but all you got as a "feature" was just the ability to go "neener neener you can't have this unless you do this thing you hate" for a thing that not a single second of deliberate effort went into making with you in mind. And you fell for it. You settled for pure narcissistic spite that benefits absolutely nobody.

I guess Anet wanted to justify the infinite money pits that are WvW and SPvP by artificially inflating their low populations (spoilers: the populations aren't low because nobody knows what they're about after TWELVE YEARS, it's because most people just think that they're kittening terrible); but going off the fact that even 12+ years in both modes are perpetually on death's door, I somehow I doubt the amount of new WvW enthusiasts is going to outpace the amount of resentful PvEers who now have buyer's remorse over their gutted expansion. And man, if that 4th armor set that's added in with the updates is only 6 skins and the expansion ends up with a full 50% of it's armor cosmetics locked behind a 50+ hour (and/or 2700 badge of justice + 720+g🙃) WvW grind, yall are probably gonna REALLY regret moving the needle of a lot of players from "begrudgingly tolerate the GoB grind" to "actively opposing the existence of unsustainable, unmonetizable, parasitic, failed PvP modes that are now actively harming the parts of the game that actually fund its existence." Good luck with that. 

You are joking right?

1 armor set is a huge chunk is it?

They must not have put out any content at all for pve since wvw/spvp take up infinite money  and there for  all the time aloted to them. 

Oh wait another false statement.

Edit

And yea Im not a wvw main just dabble in it about rank 1400.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You are joking right?

1 armor set is a huge chunk is it?

They must not have put out any content at all for pve since wvw/spvp take up infinite money  and there for  all the time aloted to them. 

Oh wait another false statement.

Edit

And yea Im not a wvw main just dabble in it about rank 1400.

I think the saddest, most pathetic part of all this is that the PvP/WvW people here are literally just settling for spite. Like nobody with an even remotely functioning frontal lobe would look at the Kodan themed armor of this Kodan themed, overwhelmingly PvE focused expansion (because that's what people overwhelmingly bought it for), that was designed for and then adapted from the main Kodan npcs of the pve story mode, and would then go "this armor was designed with WvW in mind". Like yall had absolutely no thought or effort put towards either pvp mode, they couldn't even be bothered to make a pvp/wvw themed armor set, they had to repurpose one that was already made for the PvE campaign. The hilarious thing is, you could have had an actual expansion feature; something like a rework of the reward tracks system to reward tokens that would allow for access to strike/raid/Special Ops mega-achieve style rewards that don't 1:1 line up with the effort of a single reward track, but all you got as a "feature" was just the ability to go "neener neener you can't have this unless you do this thing you hate" for a thing that not a single second of deliberate effort went into making with you in mind. And you fell for it. You settled for pure narcissistic spite that benefits absolutely nobody.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Seems fair to me play pve that drowns you in gold and buy the armor or play some wvw and get the armor.

Even better if you do pve since you combat inflation with the tp tax and give the poor wvwers some gold.

Hmm we could remove the 160 weekly gold from weekly+ Clover and other mats from raids . And roate them them in 3 modes , every 3 months  .

We let the casual try other modes and see if those rewards are pitiful or not 😛

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

I don't know. You come across spiteful enough as a non Spvp/WvW player to put your claim to the test.

Most players which are fine with the armor being implemented the way it is are just that: fine with it.

The majority of vitriol and toxicity seems to be coming from somewhere else, at least if this threads comments are to be believed.

It's 1 armor set (granted with 3 individual looks) and you are writing paragraphs while insulting other players over and over about some injustice as though others were eating babies. Touch some grass I'd say.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

I think the saddest, most pathetic part of all this is that the PvP/WvW people here are literally just settling for spite. Like nobody with an even remotely functioning frontal lobe would look at the Kodan themed armor of this Kodan themed, overwhelmingly PvE focused expansion (because that's what people overwhelmingly bought it for), that was designed for and then adapted from the main Kodan npcs of the pve story mode, and would then go "this armor was designed with WvW in mind". Like yall had absolutely no thought or effort put towards either pvp mode, they couldn't even be bothered to make a pvp/wvw themed armor set, they had to repurpose one that was already made for the PvE campaign. The hilarious thing is, you could have had an actual expansion feature; something like a rework of the reward tracks system to reward tokens that would allow for access to strike/raid/Special Ops mega-achieve style rewards that don't 1:1 line up with the effort of a single reward track, but all you got as a "feature" was just the ability to go "neener neener you can't have this unless you do this thing you hate" for a thing that not a single second of deliberate effort went into making with you in mind. And you fell for it. You settled for pure narcissistic spite that benefits absolutely nobody.

So now you start insulting us. I don’t understand why you have such a meltdown over an armor skin in a video game. 

After the patch yesterday you only have to set foot in wvw to buy the armor. You get badges or honor from AP chests and you can buy memories of battle in the trading post. 

• Like 5