Woad Armor

5 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Really? I would like a list of expansion cosmetics only obtainable through WvW vs a list of all expansion cosmetics. So far the Woad armor sets are the only thing only obtainable through WvW that I have seen. Show us which other ones there are as well and how it relates to the total.

Tribal armor - the oldest piece of armor with value. And let's see... We have 3 types of this expansion armors: Polychromatic, Titanplate and Woad - only Woad has 3 different skins for armor classes. So it's 2:3 for WvW in terms of cosmetics.

As I said: It's way easier and less taxing to do some pve than wvw/pvp. And less toxic, too. And don't reward tracks give map currencies? Oh, they do! Just go to the vendor and buy what you need and what pve players also get.

My subjective opinion? Yes.

Do I forbid you to murder one other endlessly in a perpetual dance of zergs, roaming thieves, claiming camps, sieging forts and - if lucky - coherent battle plans to claim these skins? No.

Am I forced to play WvW to obtain them? Yes.

Would I like WvW players to have PvE skins? Still easier than other way around. Map completion rewards, like emotes and whatnot are still obtainable in WvW. I'm not even sure what is considered "PvE only skins", except raid/fractal stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8

7 minutes ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

Tribal armor - the oldest piece of armor with value. And let's see... We have 3 types of this expansion armors: Polychromatic, Titanplate and Woad - only Woad has 3 different skins for armor classes. So it's 2:3 for WvW in terms of cosmetics.

As I said: It's way easier and less taxing to do some pve than wvw/pvp. And less toxic, too. And don't reward tracks give map currencies? Oh, they do! Just go to the vendor and buy what you need and what pve players also get.

Do I forbid you to murder one other endlessly in a perpetual dance of zergs, roaming thieves, claiming camps, sieging forts and - if lucky - coherent battle plans to claim these skins? No.

Would I like WvW players to have PvE skins? Still easier than other way around. Map completion rewards, like emotes and whatnot are still obtainable in WvW. I'm not even sure what is considered "PvE only skins", except raid/fractal stuff.

It’s hard to take you serious when you post so many falsities followed by uninformed opinions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

Like me. Locking stuff behind game modes is some really weak aura move 😕

Would it be possible to get it outside of that place?

Edit:
WvW players get a hefty chunk of the expansion cosmetics... exclusively. Doesn't seem fair.

PvE players get almost all of the game's content. One armor set is not that much in comparison.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

The only thing I'll give you here is that the Woad armor is 18 different pieces of armor since they're not uniform across all classes, as opposed to 6 pieces of armor for the other sets. Won't deny that does feel like a kitten move. 

But it's clear now that your "WvW gets a hefty chunk of expansion cosmetics" was hyperbole or an emotional statement. You're only counting armor, apparently. When asked for a list you include armor that's not even related to this expansion. You're also ignoring that there are more WvW and PvPv exclusive armor sets, which makes it feel even more like you're cherrypicking. You're completely ignoring weapon sets, single weapon and back item skins too.

So no, there isn't a hefty chunk of WvW-exclusive cosmetics. Not even if you include all other game releases, but certainly not for this expansion. I get your frustration because I share it, but logical arguments do better than emotional ones.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, in a game called ffxiv, there are some skins/mounts/etc that are gated behind pvp. I don't like their pvp. So, guess what? I don't get those cosmetics, and that's fine. My world isn't going to end just because they got exclusive skins. If I ever decide to go for them, I know what I will have to do.

Likewise, that applies here, too. You are being very silly.

Edit: This post came from a different thread and is not directed at OP. This thread got merged.

Edit 2: The change Rubi just posted is welcome

Edited by QueenKeriti.5176
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

But... WvW get boxes of weapon choice...

I'm happy that you want to keep it exclusive - such helping and supporting community.

Have your options to get it, feel free to! All I asked is an option for those who vehemently DESPISE WvW mode to get them. Cherrypicking? Yes, because I don't care about wvw and never cared about armors from other expansions. Hence I talk about THIS expansion.

Logical argument for what? Keeping it exclusive? Again, I'm not trying to take it away from all the WvW players of this game. Not once I mentioned that!

Maybe I should keep silent about that "hefty chunk" but that's what I see with THIS EXPANSION armor sets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

as long as the WvW crowd spares a thought for the tortured Pve'er who keeps their forts and towers supplied.
i will suffer though this WvW abomination, but after taking up queue space in a map, and annoying yelling people, i think i'll let WvW rot again untill i can stand it again XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

But... WvW get boxes of weapon choice...

I'm happy that you want to keep it exclusive - such helping and supporting community.

Have your options to get it, feel free to! All I asked is an option for those who vehemently DESPISE WvW mode to get them. Cherrypicking? Yes, because I don't care about wvw and never cared about armors from other expansions. Hence I talk about THIS expansion.

Logical argument for what? Keeping it exclusive? Again, I'm not trying to take it away from all the WvW players of this game. Not once I mentioned that!

Maybe I should keep silent about that "hefty chunk" but that's what I see with THIS EXPANSION armor sets.

So you're just throwing a tantrum and expect people to care? 🤔🙄🤦‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I am being inquisitive, asking for other options. Silly? Perhaps, because I can simply inhale copium and do the WvW, like it is suggested...

I should just get out, I actually AM getting emotional here.

Have your opinions, I'll have mine. I don't like it, I'd like it obtainable in PvE, question still unanswered, drama (unintentionally) created.

Sorry for that drama, I'm out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Tarreth.8914 said:

I am being inquisitive, asking for other options. Silly? Perhaps, because I can simply inhale copium and do the WvW, like it is suggested...

I should just get out, I actually AM getting emotional here.

Have your opinions, I'll have mine. I don't like it, I'd like it obtainable in PvE, question still unanswered, drama (unintentionally) created.

Sorry for that drama, I'm out.

Sounds like a good plan. Mind you, I agree with your proposition, to have a PvE method of obtaining the armor. I just don't think this was the best way to argue that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm on board with PvE players getting access to woad armor, and Gifts of Battle for that matter. I dislike locking skins and necessities for items behind game modes.

But it has to go the other way around too. Tell me, how do I get access to astral Ward armor and a ridiculous amount of other skins in WVW, without having to grind PvE content?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

So... there are 6 armor pieces, you have to complete 6 rewards tracks. It's... probably over 30 hours of playtime to get not the best looking stuff in the game.

Imo it should be 1 reward track with complete armor, chestplate at the end.

18 actually, all 3 weights look differently. and one chest only unlocks one skin

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

Edit:
WvW players get a hefty chunk of the expansion cosmetics... exclusively. Doesn't seem fair.

as someone who also hates WvW i wish they would introduce some of other rewards to other game modes, specifically PvP.  It seems PvP is snubbed every update and simple additions would help it greatly, such as adding the woad armor and gift of battle reward tracks to PvP. *Edit*:  woad armor is also obtainable from PvP reward track. 

Edited by Magus Antiverse.8569
correcting false information
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

PvE players are always getting new maps to play in and the best ways to make gold your point is? Life isn't fair. How often do SPvP players get updates on rewards? Before anets renewed interest in WvW the PvP scene got next to nothing in terms of new content while PvE was getting this that and more. If we wana talk fairness anets gotta put PvE on hold for a few years while SPvP and WvW get some much needed updates in terms of new content.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

I dont mind the wvw exclusive nature of it. but 18 reward tracks is a bit much. 6 would be better, and still much more time consuming than all the PVE sets put together.

Does not really matter to me, I'll be getting it eventually anyway as I play wvw a fair bit, but it does seem excessive as a time sink to obtain it.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tarreth.8914 said:

Edit:

Why not just ask for it to be a gem skin at this point? 

Or,

Go to EoTM, or just find a PUG tag in your match up. Problem solved. 

Plenty (majority) of the more sought after skins are locked behind PvE content, us wvw/pvp vets still put up with it. 

Our legendary armour does not even have unique skins despite requiring more time to grind than the pve counterparts.

Edited by Varis.5467
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Dear Devs,

can you please confirm or deny if the Woad Armor Sets will be obtainable through PvE before the quarterly content update. Not asking for the exact means, just a general yes or no.

The description text on this set does not clarify that it is exclusive to competitive modes so some insight would be really helpful.

Have a great day anyways!

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

It's alright, if they decide to keep it WvW exclusive, I'll just have to take up space afking as much as possible and wasting supplies. Can't let supplies at any Keep or tower be more than 10 supply. I promise to be more useless than an afk player . 😄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3