12/12 patch aftermath

intox.6347

So we have balance patch and once you see it, u know what happening.For open world pve... its big nerf... ramping dmg is worthless in open world.Raid / fractal ... looks like little increase... but only +3-5% dps..WvW ... scourge is still dependable on corrupts but it looks like it killing traiblazer scourge coz of that lowering bursts..... and cele will be better choice now.

Scourge has NO burst damage now at ALL... F2 F3 and F4 have no burst damage at all on activation... and F5 says 17x 1600 or something.. but hits for 200? kitten... Seriously... so we have NO BURST at all now?? Even marks burst damage got removed and NONE of this was in the patch notes... Stealth nerf ?? Or Bug? NO BUST AT ALL.. i cant kill a single target now.. REALLY hoping this is a joke

@trueanimus.4085 said:Scourge has NO burst damage now at ALL... F2 F3 and F4 have no burst damage at all on activation... and F5 says 17x 1600 or something.. but hits for 200? kitten... Seriously... so we have NO BURST at all now?? Even marks burst damage got removed and NONE of this was in the patch notes... Stealth nerf ?? Or Bug? NO BUST AT ALL.. i cant kill a single target now.. REALLY hoping this is a joke

At least each f skill actually applies dhuumfire burn no matter how many you activate at once now.

I went to fight some veterans and LS4E1 Wyvern.

And I didn't feel nerfed, tbh I got down faster than on my Power daredevil and Condi Rev.

I'm playing full Viper's. For me personally it didn't change much. Yet I want to take my Magi/Minstrel Scourge for pugging t3 tomorrow and see how the barrier change will be in practice.

@"Crinn.7864" said:Scourge is still a 100% mandatory pick for sPvP, and the barrier changes have noticeably increased meta scourge's survivability.

I... did not know about this barrier changed.I was nerfed a little in my power, but I'm also not playing full vipers (yet) and not full ascended.

I'll get my power back by the time my armour is set AND my new barrier?

Keep me nerfed in my burst then. I don't care.Had some stupid Ranger in the PvP arena saw me as an easy target trying to pick me off with a longbow and died 4 times failing and still saying "Necro need a huge nerf still."

Or... don't don't pick a damn fight with someone not even looking for a fight.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"Crinn.7864" said:Scourge is still a 100% mandatory pick for sPvP, and the barrier changes have noticeably increased meta scourge's survivability.

I... did not know about this barrier changed.I was nerfed a little in my power, but I'm also not playing full vipers (yet) and not full ascended.

Keep me nerfed in my burst then. I don't care.Had some stupid Ranger in the PvP arena saw me as an easy target trying to pick me off with a longbow and died 4 times failing and still saying "Necro need a huge nerf still."

Or... don't don't pick a kitten fight with someone not even looking for a fight.

Just to play devil's advocate... If you weren't looking for a fight... You wouldn't be standing in the arena.

Anyone else notice that 20% damage buff to feared targets?

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

Or... don't don't pick a kitten fight with someone not even looking for a fight.

Just to play devil's advocate... If you weren't looking for a fight... You wouldn't be standing in the arena.

Anyone else notice that 20% damage buff to feared targets?

Was there with a friend to boost PvP Kills for daily.They snuck up behind me to get an easy kill and lost.

Then came back 3 more times because I beat them and they died again.

I played my Scourge last night, just some random PvE events, and the Barrier buff is just too much. I'm not complaining that I'm practically not taking damage but it's not as exciting as it was before. The Barrier drain was fine, it just needs to slow down a bit. The condition damage, on the other hand, is pathetic. It takes a very long time to kill anything. If their goal is to unnecessarily prolong the fight while keeping the Scourge alive, I'll say, mission accomplish. However, it is by no means fun or exciting anymore. I literally stood in one place, no dodging, just activating skills against a champion while other players are standing there, probably falling asleep as well, doing their rotations. It was really boring.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:I played my Scourge last night, just some random PvE events, and the Barrier buff is just too much. I'm not complaining that I'm practically not taking damage but it's not as exciting as it was before. The Barrier drain was fine, it just needs to slow down a bit. The condition damage, on the other hand, is pathetic. It takes a very long time to kill anything. If their goal is to unnecessarily prolong the fight while keeping the Scourge alive, I'll say, mission accomplish. However, it is by no means fun or exciting anymore. I literally stood in one place, no dodging, just activating skills against a champion while other players are standing there, probably falling asleep as well, doing their rotations. It was really boring.

Seeing how they have buffed barriers for a stronger Defence and nerfed condi burst, full glass hybrid builds are probably better for PvE.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:I played my Scourge last night, just some random PvE events, and the Barrier buff is just too much. I'm not complaining that I'm practically not taking damage but it's not as exciting as it was before. The Barrier drain was fine, it just needs to slow down a bit. The condition damage, on the other hand, is pathetic. It takes a very long time to kill anything. If their goal is to unnecessarily prolong the fight while keeping the Scourge alive, I'll say, mission accomplish. However, it is by no means fun or exciting anymore. I literally stood in one place, no dodging, just activating skills against a champion while other players are standing there, probably falling asleep as well, doing their rotations. It was really boring.

Seeing how they have buffed barriers for a stronger Defence and nerfed condi burst, full glass hybrid builds are probably better for PvE.

Yeah, that is going to be annoying seeing I just finished fine tuning my build. >.<'

To be fair, i could see this being their vision to the class in general:

Reaper is your damage go-toScourge is that pillar of support for a teamCore Necro is some sort of sustainable 2nd life theme, most suitable for .. not-team stuff?

Archived