Supreme Rune of Holding is too expensive

Hi,

the supreme rune of holding needed to increase inventory bag size is by now almost 19 gold per each in tradepost!!!

This is too expensive to make bigger inventory bags.

These runes are only availabe in Sandstorm Lucky Draw or Convergences (small drop chance only)

We need a recipe to craft them or high increase in dropchance on those.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I agree that they should have another source, I don't like that they only come from ecto gambling.

But on the other hand rune of holding prices set directly by Anet go:

• Minor - 4s 96c
  • Regular - 14s 80c (3x)
  • Major - 50s (3.5x)
  • Greater - 2g (4x)
  • Superior - 10g (5)

If they'd added the Supreme Rune to vendors and priced it comparably to the others it'd probably cost 30-55g, so it wouldn't surprise me if they actually think the current price is low and not something that needs to be fixed.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree that they should have another source, I don't like that they only come from ecto gambling.

they added them as a possible drop from convergences, which "hopefully" will bring the total number of sources up to 3 when the new Raid launches.

Edited by Parasite.5389

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

• Minor - 4s 96c
  • Regular - 14s 80c (3x)
  • Major - 50s (3.5x)
  • Greater - 2g (4x)
  • Superior - 10g (5)

If they'd added the Supreme Rune to vendors and priced it comparably to the others it'd probably cost 30-55g, so it wouldn't surprise me if they actually think the current price is low and not something that needs to be fixed.

It's prob low due to the semi-regular drops from convergences which is likely the main source now

I'm on the fence with the cost. At the moment gold influx is at an all time high due to the vault and other sources. Earning gold is easier than ever. There's also a lot of unnecessary hoarding going on by players (which I do a lot of). It does make bags very expensive over 20 slots though which feels a bit odd.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, roederich.2716 said:

Hi,

the supreme rune of holding needed to increase inventory bag size is by now almost 19 gold per each in tradepost!!!

This is too expensive to make bigger inventory bags.

These runes are only availabe in Sandstorm Lucky Draw or Convergences (small drop chance only)

We need a recipe to craft them or high increase in dropchance on those.

You listed the price (although you used "almost 19 gold" instead of the 16,4g buy order price?) and decided "it's too expensive", but you didn't say anything about what the price should be and why. Considering the price increase of previous rune tiers, this one doesn't really seem out of ordinary?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

• Minor - 4s 96c
  • Regular - 14s 80c (3x)
  • Major - 50s (3.5x)
  • Greater - 2g (4x)
  • Superior - 10g (5)

we only need 1 of the other runes per bag and dont need a previous bag.
bags after 20 slots need a lower bag + 1 or more supreme runes, so i dont't think it would go that high. more like 20g i think.

then the cost in runes would be:
20 slot bag 10g , 24 slot 30g , 28 slot 90g (130g), 32 slot 250g (370g)
at 30g per supreme:
20 slot bag 10g, 24 slot 40g, 28 slot 130g (190g), 32 slot 370g (550g)
at 55g per supreme:
20 slot bag 10g, 24 slot 65g, 28 slot 230g (340g), 32 slot 670g (1000g)

as you can see the raitos dont change much from bag size to bag size, the rune price manly affects the price ratio of  24 slot / 20slot.

listing price went above 20g and buy order almost to 20g after the 15th slot. if in time these bags become more accessible, supreme runes at 20g from vendor would ensure their price wont explode as the supply is certainly not abundant.

On 9/8/2024 at 1:12 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

• Minor - 4s 96c
  • Regular - 14s 80c (3x)
  • Major - 50s (3.5x)
  • Greater - 2g (4x)
  • Superior - 10g (5)

You can't compare that way. Remember, that all previous runes are required only once per bag recipe. The issue with Supremes would have been much smaller if it was the same way and if there was no requirement for multiples (and nested crafing for sizes above 24).

And the way it is going, with the supply unable to catch up with demand, those runes will hit 30+g at some point.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I am still fine with like 2 of the 32-slot bags from achievements (from Return to and the season 4 map 2 I think ... Olmakhan thing) and two 24 slots or so. I think there still is another 32 slot from some IBS achievement.

Other than that I have all except the latest 2 bag slots unlocked + filled with 20 slot bags. On my main. That is enough. Other chars do not need that much space at all - when the main does most stuff like gathering ... and keeping small stuff you rarely need on it.

43 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can't compare that way. Remember, that all previous runes are required only once per bag recipe. The issue with Supremes would have been much smaller if it was the same way and if there was no requirement for multiples (and nested crafing for sizes above 24).

And the way it is going, with the supply unable to catch up with demand, those runes will hit 30+g at some point.

Totally agree with you here but also if its the same way as with other bags each size 24, 28 and 32 would have to have each own rune to craft, just like it is with smaller bags but probably not 12 for bigger bag but just 1. 

Anyway, the easiest would be just add new way how to get supreme runes instead of making new runes and new recipes for crafting bigger bags. 

It was suggested many times to add them into the vault, that is the easiest solution I  think or increase the drop rate. It was not good design to begin with to have them drop only from gambling and it was even worse decision to limit that gambling. 8-9g per rune was alright even though still a bit overpriced, 18+ golds is just way too much.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It might have become a problem if you assume going for the maxed out bags is/will be a target for majority of players. Meanwhile for most it's reasonably far from required or even desired, as also rightfully noted in the post directly below yours.

As for the last sentence of your post, the price from the last 1,5 year mostly disagrees with you. Maybe if the general value of gold goes down, but doubt that's the point you were going for since that would make it a complaint about inflation.

On 9/8/2024 at 1:12 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

• Minor - 4s 96c
  • Regular - 14s 80c (3x)
  • Major - 50s (3.5x)
  • Greater - 2g (4x)
  • Superior - 10g (5)

A 20 slots bag is ~11g. That's around ~55s / slot.

Bag slot 400 gems, 320 with sales. 320 gems cost 138g. One 20 slots bag is ~11g. So you can get +20 slots for ~150g. Or ~7g50s / slot.

You need 18 Supreme Rune of Holding to upgrade a bag from 20 slots to 32 slots. ~11g the 20 slots bag and ~19g per rune, that's ~340g total. Or ~28g / slot.

32 slots bag should be around gem store bag slot in gold / slot

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

32 slots bag should be around gem store bag slot in gold / slot

Why?

12 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

You need 18 Supreme Rune of Holding to upgrade a bag from 20 slots to 32 slots.

You need 12 supreme runes for boreal bag from 20 to 32.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1

Two words: ecto gamble . . .

But really we have so many bag slots and so much less loots than we used to, I don't think anyone *needs* 32-slot bags. They're just a way to blow gold or use the runes that you get if you don't want to sell them. I've always thought it was kind of weird that they introduced these at the same time as unid gear, which kind of eliminated the need for more inv slots on a toon . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Totally agree with you here but also if its the same way as with other bags each size 24, 28 and 32 would have to have each own rune to craft, just like it is with smaller bags but probably not 12 for bigger bag but just 1.

Yes. And then the supply and demand would spread out more evenly, instead of concentrating on single chokepoint as is the case now. People aiming for intermediate bags would not have the cost of their bags increased by those aiming for maxed ones. Those aiming for max storage slots would not be affected by those settling for middle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Because gem store should be more expensive that in game

I see, understandable reasoning. Although to maximize inventory space you still need to utilize both bag slot expanders and max bags, so it's gemstore purchases +bag crafts anyways.

That said, I don't understand the periodic obsession with maximizing inventory space and even moreso when the rune price seems to be problematic for those same players. What do they need all that space for if not for something like mass opening/recycling/flipping, at which point the current price shouldn't really be an issue for them?
Or is the goal there to simply avoid using gemstore at all and fill the 5 (or whatever the base number is) slots with maxed out 32-slot bags? Considering the situation here still seems to be "gold into rune" vs "gold into gems into bag slots"... what's the important difference here, where in effect it's still about spending raw gold?

19 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes. And then the supply and demand would spread out more evenly, instead of concentrating on single chokepoint as is the case now. People aiming for intermediate bags would not have the cost of their bags increased by those aiming for maxed ones. Those aiming for max storage slots would not be affected by those settling for middle.

The middle bags don't require supreme runes at all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I see, understandable reasoning. Although to maximize inventory space you still need to utilize both bag slot expanders and max bags, so it's gemstore purchases +bag crafts anyways.

That said, I don't understand the periodic obsession with maximizing inventory space and even moreso when the rune price seems to be problematic for those same players. What do they need all that space for if not for something like mass opening/recycling/flipping, at which point the current price shouldn't really be an issue for them?
Or is the goal there to simply avoid using gemstore at all and fill the 5 (or whatever the base number is) slots with maxed out 32-slot bags? Considering the situation here still seems to be "gold into rune" vs "gold into gems into bag slots"... what's the important difference here, where in effect it's still about spending raw gold?

The middle bags don't require supreme runes at all.

You start with 5 slots and a character-bound 20 slots bag.

Why some players want bigger inventories is irrelevant. There are no universal answer to what people want, or why they want it.

Some players want to avoid the gemstore for various reasons. Some consider it "cheating". Some dislike the idea of a gemstore. Some don't want to buy bag slots because they're not account-wide unlocks. The reasons should not factor because ArenaNet present the gem store as cosmetic & convenience only, not something mandatory to interact with.

Which is why most convenience item are thousand times the value of the in game items.
It would take around 4.3 million salvage with a copper-fed salvage kit for one to recoup the gold they would have made by converting the gem to gold instead and using basic salvage kits. That would complete Agent of Entropy 21 500 times.

Upgrading bags from 20 to 32 slots is more expensive than buying bag slot expansion in the gemstore.
On top of that, you can use 10 bag slots expansions per character now. With 20 slots bags, you can reach 300 slots using them.
Meanwhile a player that do not use them would only be able to reach 5 × 32 = 160 slots, barely above half, and for an outrageously bigger cost.
That's why I want the cost per slot to be below gemstore equivalent.

Additionnally, I despise gambling in a video game that welcome teenagers, but we won't see the game remove ecto gambling nor become "adult only" rated in the foreseeable future. So I want ecto gambling to be as negatively attractive as possible. That's an other reason why I want alternative sources for these runes.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1