Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I grinded out some rewards in a few different games more than a decade ago too. I'd love to see GW2 dev resources allocated to rewarding me for all of that effort. I've seen some rewards that other people have worked hard to get in this game and figure that I want them too. They would work great as rewards for my efforts in those other games.

This is a great point I didn't think of. Devs taking time out of their day to change the color of a title could push the next JW release back weeks. Months? What do you figure . . ?

55 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I find it weird to keep asking for them to add/modify rewards in this game for... things you did in another game years ago.

You understand this has been in the game since launch right . . ?

38 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Why, selling group content is officially allowed?

It's not selling, it's a bug/glitch. But I thought it was fixed. But then, idc so I haven't really been keeping up ; p

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

This is a great point I didn't think of. Devs taking time out of their day to change the color of a title could push the next JW release back weeks. Months? What do you figure . . ?

Probably wouldn't set things back too long so adding rewards, or just giving me existing gw2 content rewards for my efforts in other games, should be fine. I've managed to get some top tier cosmetics in another game or two so perhaps giving me legendary raid armor? 

And yes it has been in the game since launch but the request is to upgrade/modify that existing reward (and there have been requests to add even more gw2 rewards for gw1 players in the past.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

And yes it has been in the game since launch but the request is to upgrade/modify that existing reward (and there have been requests to add even more gw2 rewards for gw1 players in the past.

Well, the truth is that Anet did downgrade the rewards that were initially promised to GW1 veterans. Nobody made a lot of fuss about this, sure, but the fact remains.

Besides, i don't think that adding some very minor things that likely weren't added then because there simply was no tech for it yet (like the different color for the title) should be a major issue for some reason. It's not like people are asking for a ton of rewards (or even making good on original promises) after all.

It's just a coloring to one title. That does not require a lot of work, nor does it really take anything away from other players. The only reasons i might think of why someone might be against it are jealousy, or finding fun in denying fun to others.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I once flushed over 1k bucks into the game. Gimme a purple title, something like "Cash Flowing Among Mere Gamers" or something like that.

Perfect, and then they could colour one letter of it for every additional thousand to spend!

Also the colour is random so if you don't like it you have to keep spending to reroll it.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, the truth is that Anet did downgrade the rewards that were initially promised to GW1 veterans. Nobody made a lot of fuss about this, sure, but the fact remains.

Besides, i don't think that adding some very minor things that likely weren't added then because there simply was no tech for it yet (like the different color for the title) should be a major issue for some reason. It's not like people are asking for a ton of rewards (or even making good on original promises) after all.

It's just a coloring to one title. That does not require a lot of work, nor does it really take anything away from other players. The only reasons i might think of why someone might be against it are jealousy, or finding fun in denying fun to others.

Sure. Shouldn't take any more work to give out gems to those who bought premium currency in other games either. I would rather have the raid legendary armor though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The lenghts peoples will go to feel like a special snowflakes is astonishing. I could understand having such ambitions in real life, but whats so important about couple of colorful letters. You are just playing a video game, nothing more nothing less.

I got titles from few cm's too. Couldn't care less if they are colorful or not. I'd still use "Knight of Thorns" for thats what my character is for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hey. I might be just blind and couldn't find such toogle in options, so correct me if it's already a thing.

What I propose is a toogle to turn off other peoples titles (And maybe the guild tag). "First world problem" I know, but sometimes in large groups I want to find someone or something by it's name and the stack of long letters on the screen cover up most of the names.

Figured I'll ask since we have toogle to hide pretty much everything, downgrade character models, infusions, effects and full names. But again, correct me if this feature exist already and I am too big of a dummy to find it. Orherwise, what do You guys thing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

The lenghts peoples will go to feel like a special snowflakes is astonishing. I could understand having such ambitions in real life, but whats so important about couple of colorful letters. You are just playing a video game, nothing more nothing less.

I got titles from few cm's too. Couldn't care less if they are colorful or not. I'd still use "Knight of Thorns" for thats what my character is for me.

So, again, if you claim it's not important to you, why is it important to you that you deny it to someone else . . ?

I've never cared about titles or cosmetics or any of the other things that the apparently "typical" gw2 player is into, but idc if they get them. Why do you . . ?

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

If you odn't care about the issue,why comment on it? But thanks to agreeing that you see no harm in this proposal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

21 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you odn't care about the issue,why comment on it? But thanks to agreeing that you see no harm in this proposal.

Oh I do not agree in the slightest. Thought that my post says that in between the lines. But if You insist than here You go. 

I prefere ANet to focus on other things rather than painting some old titles to stroke some insecure egos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

What was in the game since launch? People asking to add/modify rewards for what they did in another game 12+ years ago?
Or just... the title in general (and some skins from HoM)? Because if you're just commenting about what's already in the game, that's not what my comment was about. My comment specifically -and I hoped clearly enough- commented about people demanding/asking to add or modify the rewards all these years later, for what they did in another game.

Hopefully now you understand what you commented on wasn't really what you quoted there.

17 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

But why the petty jealousy?

That's just your rather dishonest* spin on those comments to avoid addressing what you're quoting and  ""responding to"". I don't see "jealousy" here though. I see direct comparisons to this "give me more in this game for what I did in another game" request.

Edited by Sobx.1758
*unless it's actually an honest misunderstanding on your part?
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1